One Day for Permanent Mistlock Pass????

@"mcarswell.3768" said:So apparently the permanent mistlock pass returned for yesterday's sale, which I just found out about today browsing reddit. Been waiting for it for months and they only put it out for one day?? I'd gladly pay the full 1k gems...why not just have it available all the time?

It was discounted for one day. I'm sure it will appear again.Artificial scarcity is commonly used by ANet (among many, many other companies) to help drive demand.

You have two options for keeping track, without depending on Reddit:

The first link is usually updated shortly after 9 am Pacific time, which is shortly after the gem shop offering change. I'm not sure when gw2timer is updated, but it's also refreshed 1x/day.

@mcarswell.3768 said:So apparently the permanent mistlock pass returned for yesterday's sale, which I just found out about today browsing reddit. Been waiting for it for months and they only put it out for one day?? I'd gladly pay the full 1k gems...why not just have it available all the time?

If you write a ticket to support and tell them what's going on, since it has only been a few hours since the Mistlock pass went poff again and they will exchange with the same amount of gems for the pass.

• ArenaNet Staff

I noted that two people suggested that players write Customer Support to ask them to make an item available outside of its sales rotation. I'm not a CS agent, but I strongly believe that CS cannot make things available to individual players. The rotation is set by a different team, and CS doesn't have the ability to conduct transactions like Gem Store sales. I mean, think about it -- would you mail an agent gold to buy something? You can't transfer gems, so... it just doesn't seem it would work at all. (I'll verify, but feel certain the above is true.)

To the OP (and any others who missed items on sale: I'm really sorry if you missed something you wanted. I did too! :( However, items are on a rotation, and using the links the IWN suggested above, you should be able to set yourself up for success with the next go-'round.

I was told by someone in one of the guilds i'm in, also map chat was talking about it too. I probably would have missed it too otherwise. I doubt anet wants a ton of people with the pass so I can understand why it's not on the shop for long. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do at this point so just wait for the next one and count it as a lesson to always check the shop when you log in.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I noted that two people suggested that players write Customer Support to ask them to make an item available outside of its sales rotation. I'm not a CS agent, but I strongly believe that CS cannot make things available to individual players. The rotation is set by a different team, and CS doesn't have the ability to conduct transactions like Gem Store sales. I mean, think about it -- would you mail an agent gold to buy something? You can't transfer gems, so... it just doesn't seem it would work at all. (I'll verify, but feel certain the above is true.)

To the OP (and any others who missed items on sale: I'm really sorry if you missed something you wanted. I did too! :( However, items are on a rotation, and using the links the IWN suggested above, you should be able to set yourself up for success with the next go-'round.

And if it happens to be a day you are not able to log in, you miss out anyway.

I like the idea of sales and I even like having things in and out of rotation in the store. But I'd probably side with people here saying one day is a bit too short. Not as bad as sites that put up sales for a few hours, but still. It can turn what should be a good month of opportunities into a disappointment that stays with you when you miss the one item you really want just because you were away from the game for one day.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I noted that two people suggested that players write Customer Support to ask them to make an item available outside of its sales rotation. I'm not a CS agent, but I strongly believe that CS cannot make things available to individual players. The rotation is set by a different team, and CS doesn't have the ability to conduct transactions like Gem Store sales. I mean, think about it -- would you mail an agent gold to buy something? You can't transfer gems, so... it just doesn't seem it would work at all. (I'll verify, but feel certain the above is true.)

CS have done it for me in the past, fyi

They told me to add gems to my account and theyd dedeuct it and send me the item, which they did. I was v happy with the service. Of course i then found out i already owned the item and i hadnt searched my bank properly ( i chose not to bother cs tho as it was my stupidity)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"mcarswell.3768" said:So apparently the permanent mistlock pass returned for yesterday's sale, which I just found out about today browsing reddit. Been waiting for it for months and they only put it out for one day?? I'd gladly pay the full 1k gems...why not just have it available all the time?

It was discounted for one day. I'm sure it will appear again.Artificial scarcity is commonly used by ANet (among many, many other companies) to help drive demand.

The first link is usually updated shortly after 9 am Pacific time, which is shortly after the gem shop offering change. I'm not sure when gw2timer is updated, but it's also refreshed 1x/day.

Yes. And after you have this OP, you only have to wait about a year or two until it comes back. By which you probably won't have interest in it anymore or something better will have come along and replaced it. It's almost as respectful to the players as loot boxes and falsely advertising mount skins as actual mounts :)

@Cyrin.1035 said:

Yes. And after you have this OP, you only have to wait about year or two until it comes back. By which you probably won't have interest in it anymore or something better will have come along and replaced it. It's almost as respectful to the players as loot boxes and falsely advertising mount skins as actual mounts :)

who advertised mount skins as mounts?

cause all Anets advertisements have said Skins and the items themself say that you do need to unlock the mounts first

@Cyrin.1035 said:Yes. And after you have this OP, you only have to wait about year or two until it comes back.Not true in this particular case. The Mistlock pass comes out much more frequently.

By which you probably won't have interest in it anymore or something better will have come along and replaced it.That is among the downsides of artificial scarcity.

It's almost as respectful to the playersIt's got little to do with respect or lack thereof. Making all items available all the time has its own downsides, both for ANet and for players.

falsely advertising mount skins as actual mounts :)Which they never did.

The issue was that they advertised the Mountfits in a manner which allowed a misunderstanding, from people unfamiliar with the mechanics, to think that the mount was included. It was poor phrasing, not intentional. And it got fixed.

@infrequentia.3465 said:

Yes. And after you have this OP, you only have to wait about year or two until it comes back. By which you probably won't have interest in it anymore or something better will have come along and replaced it. It's almost as respectful to the players as loot boxes and falsely advertising mount skins as actual mounts :)

"who advertised mount skins as mounts?"

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14711/might-want-to-clarify-mount-skins#latest

"cause all Anets advertisements have said Skins and the items themself say that you do need to unlock the mounts first"

This is incorrect.

@Cyrin.1035 said:

"cause all Anets advertisements have said Skins and the items themself say that you do need to unlock the mounts first"

This is incorrect.

Oh boy they say SKINS or or COSTUMES

yup sure is incorrect on my part to Read that as false and i really thing it just gave me the mounts themself

poor me for not able to read right.... OH WAIT i did read that right .

oh and did you read the time stamps? they predate your topic.

so you can't say they where changed afterwards.

if you try to be a smart assbe smart and not an ass

• ArenaNet Staff

@Cyrin.1035 said:

This is incorrect.

This? Again? And from you? If you will please read the entire thread you linked -- rather than the single post to which you linked -- you'll note that (1) it was clearly explained before anyone could complete a purchase and (2) even the introductory wording was refreshed to include "Mount" in the verbiage. This is what you suggested at the time, Cyrin, and that is precisely what we did. At this point, you should stop with the "false advertising" bunk. Request/demand made -- fulfilled -- the end. When you saw the express item description twice before you could purchase it, and when we did make it clear in every single reference as soon as we saw the feedback, even in the intro through which you cannot directly purchase, you have no grounds to continue to beat this expired stallion, mare, bronco, or gelding.

• ArenaNet Staff

As I mentioned, I spoke with CS this morning, and they do not have a means of fulfilling purchases for gem store items, so for this sale, as for others, they would need to decline the request. However, as I believe forum members would be aware, if someone made a purchase within a close timeframe to when something went on sale, CS would try to help them get the sale price. Each case is individual, but each will be reviewed.

Hey, have you considered some sort of wishlist/newsletter messages for gemstore sales? Especially for items that come for one day only. I have mistlock pass myself but I feel like I'd appreciate such thing for other options in the gemstore. I don't check it every day for new promotions but I definitely check my email every few hours.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Hey, have you considered some sort of wishlist/newsletter messages for gemstore sales? Especially for items that come for one day only. I have mistlock pass myself but I feel like I'd appreciate such thing for other options in the gemstore. I don't check it every day for new promotions but I definitely check my email every few hours.I would like this, too, but I believe it would defeat the purpose of the sales which is to get players to actively log in (even though items are posted on the wiki after they come available).

/me shrugs

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Hey, have you considered some sort of wishlist/newsletter messages for gemstore sales? Especially for items that come for one day only. I have mistlock pass myself but I feel like I'd appreciate such thing for other options in the gemstore. I don't check it every day for new promotions but I definitely check my email every few hours.

I will ask about that. I've not heard it mentioned, and I think sending e-mails every day for sales would be not well received, but I'll ask about using e-mail to in some way make players aware of opportunities. Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived