Bug: The Hospital in Jeopardy Story Instance [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Bug: The Hospital in Jeopardy Story Instance [Merged]

Kim.4152Kim.4152 Member ✭✭
edited September 25, 2017 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Trying to do a key farm and after breaking down the hospital door in the instance, there is an invisible barrier preventing access to the inside of the building, preventing completion of the instance. I have tried it 5-6 times with the same result.

Tagged:
<134

Comments

• Same exact thing is happening to me. There was just a build update. I was hoping it was going to fix the problem, but I still can't enter the building.

• Same here tried at least 3-5 times, While I try to hit the door it is blocked after I found out there is an invisible wall blocking for me to get inside

• Same thing here....

• Any changes on this? Did any1 got past this?

• Same thing, so I've started again, and used the orphanage path (faster than wait for the update when it's just for a BLK run).

• @Aeghis.1925 said:
    Same thing, so I've started again, and used the orphanage path (faster than wait for the update when it's just for a BLK run).

Not my case... I gotta wait for the fix... =(

• So it's not just me! /sigh

• Even when door to hospital is destroyed there is an invisible wall - **player cannot enter to clear the hospital from foes. **

• I'm having the same issue. The friendly NPCs don't move and they also block any ranged attacks or teleports.

• Same issue. Luckily, my ranger pet was able to get on other side at one point, and started the fight, then the NPCs finished the battle.... very slowly.

• Im having the issue too, restarted the instance multiple times and no luck.

• I've been having the same problem today. When I try to hit the enemies inside the building my hits are obstructed by an invisible wall.

• yeah, I reported in-game too... but i'm not holding my breath on this... with so many bugs in the expansion, it seems this one will take a while... I'll work on map completion for now

• Yep got this too....

• Yes I got this one too.. Might be the whole "no server connection" deal that is going on today. :anguished:

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2017

(linked to since merged thread)

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭

(linked to since merged thread)

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• You can't get into the hospital to kill the bandits and save the hospital patients. I managed to kill the bandits because I was a ranger and my pet went inside and killed them. I could also only damage the door with my sword, not with the bow.

• Cynn.1659Cynn.1659 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, there is invisible wall in place of the door. Rip, now i gotta redo my keyfarm run.

• Yes, I had the same. I managed to hit the enemies inside with my mesmer's Phantasm. Specially with Staff skill number 2. But yes, there is a invisible wall and cannot get in the hospital :'( I reported this using the ingame bugs reporting. Can you believe that there is no bug selection for My Story anymore ? I was shocked. :s

• Having the same issue. Also reported it in game. After destroying the door there is still an invisible wall preventing you from getting in, and trying to hit any of the enemies inside with ranged attacks just results in the "Obstructed" message.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's your punishment for not choosing the poor orphans :p

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Gopaka.7839Gopaka.7839 Member ✭✭✭

Same issues!

• Same issue happening to me as well.

• Same. Before there was a quest advancement bug if u first killed door and then spoke with Logan, now this... Game wants the poor hospital people to suffer. Anyway, it looks like game isn't removing door after it gets rid of the texture.

• C'mon, Devs... this should be easy to fix...

• C'mon, Devs... this should be easy to fix...

• Same here. Made a new toon and ran it again---same bug. Guess we need to save the orphans first.

• I'm getting the same issue, there's no way to progress past that invisible wall

• @HansBRZ.3284 said:
    C'mon, Devs... this should be easy to fix...

Not necessarily. (The best evidence: if it is easy to fix, it should have been easier to prevent, too. Since clearly it wasn't prevented, it might turn out to be something complicated, e.g. it is a result of a bug fix to some other problem, which exposed a more complicated bug that had always been present in the Hospital, but that was never noticed. That type of scenario happens all the time in software, and it has happened in this game.)

• I'm experiencing the same issue, I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible, because it prevents further story progression...

• Same issues from my side as well...

• thankyou to whomever merged all these reports together.
    perhaps Anet will see this now it's near 3 pages long (fingers crossed) as I've been waiting almost 3 days to continue my character's progression.

• The hospital patients have been cowering in fear for three days now. THREE DAYS. They can't hold out much longer. Think of all the heart maladies from which they must already be suffering.

Worst.medical.care.ever.

(Add me to the growing list of people who can't progress because of this issue)

• There seem to be invisible walls at various places, such as vistas, according to several other threads. Seems like all the unbound magical energy flying around has started an invisible-wall-pocalypse in Core Tyria.

• *** BUMP for the "Solution" ***

• yep got the same problem. Seems like summons (apart from the ranger's pet) can't do anything as well. Fix it soon pls!

• @HansBRZ.3284 said:
    ====== SOLUTION !!! =======
    =)

****Guys, guys!! I found a way to finish the quest!
    Get a Ranger buddy to go with u. The Pet can get inside the hospital and kill them all!
    If u need help feel free to ask me, I'll gladly help u!****

Thanks for the tip! Worked great. :)

Just have to pick the orphanage until fixed.

• rodadams.5963
    Same issue. Luckily, my ranger pet was able to get on other side at one point, and started the fight, then the NPCs finished the battle.... very slowly.
    Thanks it worked for me I'm Elementalist and I've summoned my Elemental Servants to kill the bandits, this is great!

• Just ran into this. Sadly my guardian summons can't bypass it(says no line of sight).

• @MagisterCantus.3046 said:
    yep got the same problem. Seems like summons (apart from the ranger's pet) can't do anything as well. Fix it soon pls!

@Noviere.7309 said:
    Just ran into this. Sadly my guardian summons can't bypass it(says no line of sight).

My Thief summons could pass by it.
    Well, I got a Ranger too, if any1 need help on this I'm here.

• Ludwik.3612Ludwik.3612 Member
    edited September 26, 2017

Can anyone can help with this quest? I'm Thief and i haven't got any summons ;/

• This bug is occurring in the home instance in Divinity's Reach. I have a human engineer (currently holosmith elite spec) that when I am attempting to do The Hospital in Jeopardy mission I am unable to enter the hospital to continue the mission. I have attempting re-creating the instance multiple times and get the same result. It treat it as though a barrier is still there on the building after the door is destroyed - for example if I try to shoot an enemy with the rifle through it I get obstructed messages. The Leave Instance button is also missing when I go into this instance and I have to log out or swap characters to leave the instance. I received this error both last night close to 11PM central and this morning at 9:30AM central.

• It's worse than that. I just helped someone attempt to do it with my Ranger. The pet can go in and kill them all, but even after that, it bugs out completely. Logan disappears right off the map and you can't complete the quest anyway. This whole story quest is completely broken.

• I wish this had something to do with the gem store or the new expansion, then we might get an Anet response ...

• I just ran into the same issue. Invisible wall after I break down the hospital door, can't progress at all. I've tried restarting mission and reloading client, no luck.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.