The phenomenon of instant death

Beowulf.5678

Try inventions 2 1 1, alchemy 2 2 2, scrapper 3 1 1Honestly, hammer revenant/warr/thief/mes/etc and other classes can hit the same or harder. If you have a guild with arena maybe I can help you (or others here) to help you deal with soulbeast. Engi has a lot of reflects etc and enough tools at their disposal that you should be able to handle a soulbeast or at least have a decent chance at escaping. The barriers are really nice right now for scrapper.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Try inventions 2 1 1, alchemy 2 2 2, scrapper 3 1 1Honestly, hammer revenant/warr/thief/mes/etc and other classes can hit the same or harder. If you have a guild with arena maybe I can help you (or others here) to help you deal with soulbeast. Engi has a lot of reflects etc and enough tools at their disposal that you should be able to handle a soulbeast or at least have a decent chance at escaping. The barriers are really nice right now for scrapper.

These means have no effect.,Unable to block

Just because you’re tanky doesn’t mean you can sit there and not dodge big hits like worldly impact, maul or CC which will lead up to them.

Heaven help you if you decide to play zerk or marauder builds where worldly impact can hit 15k or more.

Edit: ok should be a little helpful, at least have elixir S on your bar till you can manage without it, that way if you get stunned and you see the ranger leap into the air you can quickly press it to get free and be invulnerable to the hit, put some distance between you both and try something else, maybe stealth away.

Also because you’re soldiers it will take you a while to kill the other guy because you don’t do large amounts of damage but over time would probably win. Thing is he can run away probably then pick at you again. This is where you need to think about what and who you’re fighting as well as what you’re playing on, if you can’t counter pressure a fast or high damage attacker then you should probably try to go to a safe place. Your build is probably better for a team orientated fight where you support your team via cleanses, damage reduction, stealth etc and they do the damage so don’t fight without your allies.

@"Beowulf.5678" said:(https://s14.postimg.org/vntmv02dt/QQ_20180322183114.jpg "")Full of blood, I found I was dead ,I am equipped with a full set of soldiers ,

Took some time of to enjoy and to experience what competitive gaming is about in the competitive gaming industry; in my short return, i am once left with even more disappointments

My opinionThe increasingly tolerance of Instant deaths will never bring Gw2 to competitive levels. No share amount of money spent in this game will spare this game of being taken seriously in the competitive gaming industry.

As a ex veteran-pre-gw2 beta tester, all i have to say is, it is what it is.

-have a good day-

@Beowulf.5678 said:

@Aury.1367 said:If you dont know how to drive, it doesnt help bringing a fat motorbike to a bicycle race. Learn the PvP/WvW mechanics first, soldier is mostly good for that. Learning doesnt mean you will master it in one week.

I use a whole set of PVP armor

What ? :D fak... this is heavy.... so again... WHAT ? :D

What exactly is pvp armor in wvw ?

Once you wear soldier stat.... your combat takes longer... so you give enemy more time to kill you (coz u doing no dmg...) But gw2 is about active defense.... stability, condi cleanse, blocks, stealth, blind, resistance ... evades... defensive stats helps you more stay alive in group play.... in solo is better to make more dps stat focused with defensive utilities...

@intox.6347 said:

@Aury.1367 said:If you dont know how to drive, it doesnt help bringing a fat motorbike to a bicycle race. Learn the PvP/WvW mechanics first, soldier is mostly good for that. Learning doesnt mean you will master it in one week.

What ? :D fak... this is heavy.... so again... WHAT ? :D

Once you wear soldier stat.... your combat takes longer... so you give enemy more time to kill you (coz u doing no dmg...) But gw2 is about active defense.... stability, condi cleanse, blocks, stealth, blind, resistance ... evades... defensive stats helps you more stay alive in group play.... in solo is better to make more dps stat focused with defensive utilities...

Close your mouth, fool

With the decrease of CD, mirage unlimited mobile explosion damage, the infinite rolling movement, the mage Hunter unlimited unlimited mobile, mobile, hurt burst table, don't tell me, I was playing World of Warcraft good, the balance is getting worse, I think this planner is crap.

Worldly Impact, Swoop and Maul?The first attack locks the ranger in place for 1 second, the second has a big tell involving two leaps and takes nearly 2 seconds to complete and the third had the biggest tell in gw2 until revenants were introduced. Try dodging some of those attacks.

This is right up there with that churning earth thread.

~ Kovu

Only can say it's possible to deal such damage. Be it with might stacks etc but really can't comment anything since we don't know what actually happened just from that.

@intox.6347 said:

Miscommunication or some confusion here I think? This happened in PvP or WvW? Posted in the wrong channel if it's PvP cause your're in WvW channel. PvP equipments only stay and works in PvP.

The ranger(soul beast) outplayed you as he/she landed all the big skills on your class.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Try inventions 2 1 1, alchemy 2 2 2, scrapper 3 1 1Honestly, hammer revenant/warr/thief/mes/etc and other classes can hit the same or harder. If you have a guild with arena maybe I can help you (or others here) to help you deal with soulbeast. Engi has a lot of reflects etc and enough tools at their disposal that you should be able to handle a soulbeast or at least have a decent chance at escaping. The barriers are really nice right now for scrapper.

Those are all melee attacks.Melee soulbeast is FAR stronger then longbow soulbeast. Hell, melee ranger in general is stronger. Just takes a bit more skill.

@Prysin.8542 said:

Those are all melee attacks.Melee soulbeast is FAR stronger then longbow soulbeast. Hell, melee ranger in general is stronger. Just takes a bit more skill.

You're right, I just went straight to assumption because of their earlier post about unblockable shots. ty

Ok.

When you go into PvP you have the amulet, rune and sight system where it doesn’t matter what armour or weapon level and rarity you’re using. We will assume you know this and aren’t running around in WvW with starter armour and weapons.

So the other PvP armour is that which you buy from a vendor, however it has no stats. So you said you chose PVT so we will assume you are wearing a full set of ascended power, vitality, toughness armour. However as previously mentioned, just because you have high base stats that doesn’t mean you can sit there and take big hits like worldly impact and maul.

You need to dodge, block, blind, interrupt or invuln those attacks because they will do a lot of damage, they’re designed to do high damage but with big tells.

@Burnfall.9573 please do leave, I for one do not want a game catering to people who find 2 fairly strong well telegraphed attack’s difficult or cheesy. The game has many problems but in this example there is nothing but learning to play.

@Prysin.8542 said:

The soulbeast in question had to be running longbow and greatsword as both Maul and Hunter's Shot are in the combat log.

@"Beowulf.5678" said:(https://s14.postimg.org/vntmv02dt/QQ_20180322183114.jpg "")Full of blood, I found I was dead ,I am equipped with a full set of soldiers ,

The word "balance" dosent mean anything to this game anymore...if you wanna survive in a fight these days, stacking Toughness, vitality and healing power and expect to get carried aint the way, even on full Minstrell my guardian with +-3.5K armor and protection still get once in a while a 8~10K damage from Revs, Soulbeasts, Thiefs or completely erased by a mesmer...if you wanna have a "fair" fight against those players, you are forced to play one of the OP professions, by that i mean any spec that have high mobility/blocks/evades/invulnerabilities/stealth/etc.

Archived