Weaver fire/air - 48k dps

lLobo.7960

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its staff, we all knew staff was going to be better. More skills for in-between (more Lava Font like effects) with high power coefficients from the traits.

This is however to be taken with a grain of salt. Actual raid performance will most likely be lower and we haven't seen all benchmarks just yet from all classes, trait /armor combinations.

And as we all knew - Sword dps sucks (read the video description)

Let's be honest, the only thing this proves is how bad the traits are and what an awful and uninspired idea it was to add 4 traits of increased damage % on the Weaver.

It was damn obvious that the outcome would be a buff to the overall damage of the ele - pushing it forward than what Tempest was already insane in doing, but not actually solving the problem.

In fact, I bet that the existence of these abundant %damage buff traits is the reason why dual skills and sword skills are so pathetic in the damage department (ANET was afraid of what it would do to the Ele already strong Raid damage potential).

For PvP , however, this means absolutely nothing because the sword is a bad weapon and the broken elemental dance due to the Weaver mechanic do more bad than good for the ele .

For WvW, it changes nothing. Ele is still a healer (and Tempest preferred) as it simply does not do enough damage to give it a fighting chance against Necro.

Overloads added a certain power to the Elementalist so the % traits were to try to even it out and push weaver to be the "damage" spec for elementalist. Sword just doesn't have the coefficients (or sword swing timers) to make it work, and it end up with the power staff being pushed further ahead.

All that waiting to stop using staff, and it's still better.

@Smiggles.6823 said:Bricks... don't hit back.

I struggle in open world with sword dagger melee weaver. Mostly zerker some celestial trinkets.

Same gear on tempest is ezy mode.

Can someone write me a sword open world guide?

i am playing a viper/sinister dagger dagger weaver (with fire and arcane and all offensive traits) and i do really well in open world

I really like the vitality hybrid trait in weaver traitline but a couple of the other flat damage ones are a bit annoying for overall balance. Also, sword is a lot of fun to me, but it's pretty obvious that it lags behind a bit while also being harder to play than the other weapons, imo. I'll keep testing it to get a proper feel but definitely my preliminary findings is that staff is both easier and more effective (melee vs range aside, not counting), and also dagger/dagger is actually both fun and nicely setup in weaver as well!

Oh also, pve disclaimer.

It seems ele will remain a pve solo class for as long as raid exist, I had some hopes after looking at sword dps..but once again, the class will see huge nerfs based on a video of full glass 11k HP ele killing a training golem that doesn't fight back...with the ele having perma alacrity, might, banners and all sort of buffs....what a joke

Im getting about 25k dps on sword hybrid weaver.But still lots to improve, got no griever trinkets/ammy/rings, so they are a mixed now, and also missing 2 pieces of griever armor...Runes are also balthazar instead of flame legion...Still a lot to improve on the rotation also.

Half the comments before someone made a vid on live servers were about weaver having general bad dps and how tempests overloads were to good to give up. It's pretty obvious to see Sword isn't a crazy dps weapon let alone for power based builds that's why they made sure that weaver got dual skills for every single weapon not just sword. A butt load of comments in the updates post and general posts were going on about weaver having bad dps period and tempest overloads being beyond superior when it's clear as day to see that weaver would have great dps just because of its insane damage trait buffs.

As I feared, the damage rotation is really complicated, and it'll take me forever to learn the proper order to do it all. But otherwise, I can only echo most of what people said. Realistic DPS won't be this high, and I don't trust Anet to recognize that it should reduce the trait bonuses while buffing up the other weapon skills.

I'm going to have to hammer out some rotations for sword/focus later. I don't know how much it'll do, but I would at least like to see.

Archived