[Suggestion] Disable combat mount capabilities in t1 maps (beginnersmaps).

@"Pifil.5193" said:It's not fair to say they're being "trolled" as that implies malicious intent.

The attack skills just do to much damage while down scaled, nerfing the damage they do while down scaled would be a good idea.

Also, I don't need a mount to do that, I can just Vault into a group of mobs with my thief's staff and kill 5 of them instantly. Weavers can cause even more havoc, not as instantly though. It's player behaviour that can cause an issue, but those players don't need mounts to do that.

@Faaris.8013 said:It's player behaviour that can cause an issue, but those players don't need mounts to do that.

The player kills the faster he can, so he can move to other mobs.It's not a player behaviour issue, but a really bad scaling in terms of damage ( bad as unbalanced ).

And as you wrote, it's not only mount related, but skill related too ( so ANET could lower all the dmg, and not only mount dmg ).

I think the problem is with players, not the mount skills. People doing a large event when it's in the daily region need to be aware that the best way for them to progress is to take a few shots, establish their contribution, and move on. Let others get their hits in as well. It's actually much faster to do this than to stick around making sure you're the one who kills every mob, because you can help kill a few then move on to another event while the less OP players get their hits in.

Also, I don't need a mount to do that, I can just Vault into a group of mobs with my thief's staff and kill 5 of them instantly. Weavers can cause even more havoc, not as instantly though. It's player behaviour that can cause an issue, but those players don't need mounts to do that.

You CAN, but you don't have to. Take a few auto-attack shots and let the lowbies get in on the kills. It's not that difficult to get credit without preventing others from contributing.

@Biff.5312 said:I think the problem is with players, not the mount skills. People doing a large event when it's in the daily region need to be aware that the best way for them to progress is to take a few shots, establish their contribution, and move on. Let others get their hits in as well. It's actually much faster to do this than to stick around making sure you're the one who kills every mob, because you can help kill a few then move on to another event while the less OP players get their hits in.

Part of the problem is you do not know when you have contributed enough. I have participated in some events then not gotten credit because my participation was too low for even a bronze. Given that you can not really risk running away from an event because they are often hard to find in daily zones. I wish the event text actually said if you had credit already (extra points if it says what level). I doubt as many people would keep fighting to the end if they knew that as long as the event completed they would get credit.

@"Pifil.5193" said:It's not fair to say they're being "trolled" as that implies malicious intent.

The attack skills just do to much damage while down scaled, nerfing the damage they do while down scaled would be a good idea.

Beleve me, you can tell the difference when its accidental or on purpose, when observing long enough. It happens too often. A damage nerf would also be sufficient i agree. And maybe a mob healthpool upscale, its too easy to kill mobs in vanilla since just before Hot when they rebalanced the combat/damage.

@Mea.5491 said:Yes we should but it's sad. It all depends on the personality. Only a**holes do that. And then there's me, I stop killing stuff during events on purpose so low levels can tag mobs too. You don't have to kill everything to get a Gold medal.

I always do exactly the same, avavoiding my aoe effect as much as possible and holding back :)

I don't think "no mounts in starter maps" will ever happen, as much as I'd like it to.

It's a selling point on Anet's end. New players see others on mounts, they'll feel the incentive to buy Path of Fire and join the mounted ranks. We're billboards to these new players.

I agree with the above, a damage reduction in the starter maps seems to be the best solution.

The issue isn't mounts. The issue is that veteran players on high-level characters can kill everything in sight, without giving anyone else a chance to join in the fighting (and earn participation, kill credit, and therefore enjoy the rewards). Disabling mount combat is only one way to address that, not the only one and perhaps not the best.

I'd rather see them scale the damage done by mounts so that mobs don't insta-die in lowbie zones. Another possibility is to increase the cooldown before being able to mount again or perhaps to stun the player character after a dismount that successfully stuns foes. Any of those would slow down the L80 toons enough to let at-level characters get in some hits.

@Mea.5491 said:Yes we should but it's sad. It all depends on the personality. Only a**holes do that. And then there's me, I stop killing stuff during events on purpose so low levels can tag mobs too. You don't have to kill everything to get a Gold medal.

Thumbs WAY down!!!!!

Think you are so smug? Tell me exactly at what point in an event you get gold at. How did you tell? Yeah, you just keep hitting things, right?

Its more like low level mobs are just too weak...I have a set of gear ready for key farming, and i still one-hit most mobs in the first couple hearts and their events, even with a lvl 2-3 character.And while i say i have gear ready it's stuff you get from the TP and the armor you used to get with the heroic edition of core gw2.So it's no wonder a lvl 80 guy with elite specs (not even going to mention mounts) full traits and ascended gear can one-hit most stuff, even if downscaling is working well (which it is, imo). The problem isn't so much player damage but the mobs' HP/defense.

Mob defenses on that level should be low, given the capabilities of fresh characters. Maybe not as low as they are right now, but on the other hand, there's no fun punching an endless health bar with two or three skills. Downscaling, not just of mount abilities, is a severe issue. Someone already mentioned Vaulting into a group of mobs as a thief, but in the end, a proper lvl 80 character will need little more than an evil stare to oneshot mobs.

@Menadena.7482 said:

Thumbs WAY down!!!!!

Think you are so smug? Tell me exactly at what point in an event you get gold at. How did you tell? Yeah, you just keep hitting things, right?

? Do an event which involves killing a wave of mobs. Kill about 5-10 and go AFK. Bam, Gold. I know it because I do SW RIBA all the time, we don't have to kill all the mobs to score Gold for bags. Low lvl events are the same. And if there's a boss to kill for an event you can also stop damaging it at around 50-60%, you'll still get max rewards. I don't really understand your problem.

@Mea.5491 said:

Thumbs WAY down!!!!!

? Do an event which involves killing a wave of mobs. Kill about 5-10 and go AFK. Bam, Gold. I know it because I do SW RIBA all the time, we don't have to kill all the mobs to score Gold for bags. Low lvl events are the same. And if there's a boss to kill for an event you can also stop damaging it at around 50-60%, you'll still get max rewards. I don't really understand your problem.

Like gold event rewards are all that great in these zones that you have to stay for the final killing blow, doing as much damage as possible during the event.

There's 2 different ways Anet can solve this:

1) properly scale mount damage.

2) make daily events regional instead of map-specific. Change "Fireheart Rise Event Completer" to "Ascalon Event Completer" for example. Then people are spread out over maps instead of 200 folks cramming into one map trying to kill the same level 35 Devourer at the same time.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

Thumbs WAY down!!!!!

Like gold event rewards are all that great in these zones that you have to stay for the final killing blow, doing as much damage as possible during the event.

Reaching Gold is important if you're still leveling with a higher lvl character but doing map completion on lower lvl maps - you get most exp that way. Also important in SW for max possible bags. And no, you don't have to stay "around", you just have to stay on the same map. But if you're after the PvE event daily quest on a lvl80, Bronze is more than enough.

@Khisanth.2948 said:How about just getting rid of the dailies with events in low level maps for accounts that already qualify for the higher level daily thing?

I'd be in favor of this.

@"Etterwyn.5263" said:There's 2 different ways Anet can solve this:2) make daily events regional instead of map-specific. Change "Fireheart Rise Event Completer" to "Ascalon Event Completer" for example. Then people are spread out over maps instead of 200 folks cramming into one map trying to kill the same level 35 Devourer at the same time.

Or this.

Iirc, one of the reasons ANet narrowed the daily events task to a single zone was to make those zones seem "more populated." I wonder if ANet envisioned the current reality, with packs of "down-scaled" 80's attacking empty space where the mobs are going to appear, and annihilating said mobs so fast that tab target/shoot arrow is often not effective.

I'm really trying to be hyper concerned by this, but I just can't seem to get there. I guess it's because I recall leveling through a zone getting roped into the same four events over and over for literally 3 hours, sometimes with a gigantic mob of players, sometimes with just 2 or 3, and a couple of times solo on some of them.

Archived