The current position of firebrand in pvp

david.4915

Hello folks,well now the time has come... we have firebrand. i will only talk about pvp perspective.

ppl say firebrand will be a good support with good condi dmg, well let me tell you a single condition is not hard to cleanse (burn) wont matter if it is in a 5v5 or 1v1 setup, burn is still a bad condition on guardian because we have no other conditions to apply to ur enemy (ppl say we have bleed now^^ common we all know axe still feels clumsy and has no big impact, even i think the scaling from smybol of vengance is bugged)

support is, well how can i say it... worse than from tempest or druid (but let the comparision beside). i will say it now, all tomes feel so clumsy with their still existing cooldown and their high cd. common u realy think u have a nice support for urselfe or teammates when u either need to go into one tome to heal or either one tome to protect. 2 big cd there! u wont use all pages thats for sure because its just a waste of time and u make urselfe vulnerable, once u are in a tome u cant to anything else, u want to go out to adapt to combat situation u have a high cd on tome (so the point of making tomes like kits is not a bad idea)i am not sure why u even brought back tomes, i mean back than u took them away from us and now u bring them back... and i realy think mantras are the worse thing to give to guard especially when they feel so weak, in the current state of the game with all that boon strip mantras are usless!

even i sad before let the comparison beside, i will compare fb to dh. wing of resolve has a bigger heal impact than tome of resolve and all its skills together (even has a leap for mobility) and shild of courage is a better support for you and ur teammates than tome of courage and all its skills. dh will do one cast and has a bigger value than fb casting 5 skills... what a paradox... core and dh have better dps, condi and support specs than fb. with firebrand u have no instant acces to stab, condiremove or high (usless) burn dmg and cc. all other classes are above fb atm which makes him one of the weakest proffesions AGAIN... dh also was in no high tier esl comp since the beginning of hot and no doubt witch fb it wont be different!

the whole mobility that we got from Dragonhunter is gone with fire brand... what makes yourself way more vulnerable. imo with the mechanics of fb u took a huge step back and its sad to see giving guardian such less love. (well at least spirit wepaons got buffed again yey).

Ps: the traitline of fb is kinda usless to the fact the whole mechanic feels clumsy so wont go deeper in detail here. this whole quickness thing feels kinda non impactful and wont help the fact that fb will get bursted down by any condition or power spec!

Archived