Range?

misterman.1530

I use staff just to mess with people in WvW. Sudden chills and fears really ruin people's days...that and corrupting all those lovely buffs everyone wears in WvW is perfect too.Paint the ground and make movement annoying. Area denial is a good plan, always.

@Justine.6351 said:Fairly sure he means range.

Necro marks are EVERYWHERE in wvw. People paint the ground with them and so you are probably just confused.

No. Actually, I play Scourge as well. My main. This happened in SMC, at the tunnels leading to the Lord's room. I was standing looking out from the Lord's room and my marks could barely reach about half-way(ish) into the tunnel. But some opposing players were able to hit us with marks from the other end of the tunnel. It was odd.

@"Sigfodr.9576" said:They use "Sand Swell" to port forward, place the marks/F1 fast and port back. Done right you barely notice it happen

Well. You cant cast another attack while casting sand swell.You actually need to come out of the portal, then you can cast something new. Only thing that works: trail of anguish or other instantcast.

Well thats how it was from beginning. Did they change this with laast balance patch?

@misterman.1530 said:

@"Sigfodr.9576" said:They use "Sand Swell" to port forward, place the marks/F1 fast and port back. Done right you barely notice it happen

Nope. You would see the sand swell. My money is on a cheat tool that increases their distance.

And so the mass start shouting: "Nerf necro moar! Beat it into the ground till it can't do shit like this!!"

Anyways maybe instead of sand swell they used flesh wurm-necrotic traversal or spectral walk-spectral recall that was prepared before they charged in, place the marks/shades and then teleport back. So maybe it was one of those utilities. What else did you see?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the late reply. No, these are direct casts. In the case I mentioned, I was standing watching them. It was odd. We've seen it recently fighting Mag and YB. We had a ranger that couldn't hit a scourge but the scourge was dropping shades on him. Not just the edges - dead center. So, something is odd. We are going with zoom hacking.

@misterman.1530 said:Is there a trait that increases a Scourge's range? All week, in WvW (specifically noticeable in SMC) I've seen Necro marks (F1 on Scourge, plus Fear, etc.) going longer than the tunnel to the Lord's room. Mine can't reach that far. Is there a trait I've not noticed?

the trick is enabling Snap cast on target as long the enemy is targetted ground skills will be placed on them

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@misterman.1530 said:Is there a trait that increases a Scourge's range? All week, in WvW (specifically noticeable in SMC) I've seen Necro marks (F1 on Scourge, plus Fear, etc.) going longer than the tunnel to the Lord's room. Mine can't reach that far. Is there a trait I've not noticed?

the trick is enabling Snap cast on target as long the enemy is targetted ground skills will be placed on them

But the range is only 900, the radius of the shade is only 300 - so max distance to edge of shade from the scourge is only 1050..right? So - so how can a snap be greater than 1200 away (ranger's long bow range)?

@misterman.1530 said:

But the range is only 900, the radius of the shade is only 300 - so max distance to edge of shade from the scourge is only 1050..right? So - so how can a snap be greater than 1200 away (ranger's long bow range)?

wells have 900 range marks have 1200 shades have 900 range too

thats like 2-3 steps needed to attack anyways since melee range is 130-150

Archived