Elementalist advice and tips?

Ranageki.2491

I've tried all other classes but elementalist is my favourite. I really enjoy all of the combos you can put together within their skillset. For me it's just incredibly fun and rewarding when everything comes together. I play staff tempest support, and mainly do the odd pve events or unranked pvp.

I feel I'm at a comfortable point with the class now, where I can mostly utilize my skills effectively but I'm always looking to improve. I was hoping everyone could share tips and tricks, in both pve and pvp that may be helpful to me and others who read.

One thing I've found myself that is helpful for surviving with arcane tree, though this may just be preference, is that it's nice to start in fire or lightning element, and keep water and earth ready to switch to for the arcane passive effects. Only staying in earth or water to throw out necessary abilities before switching back to fire or lightning. Feels like an obvious point but It may help someone.

I do try to set up combo fields for elements I switch to next. Such as using staff earth skill 2 before putting down a fire or water field for extra might or heals. The water 2 ability in staff is also really nice as a reliable blast skill for combo fields I feel.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:If you are running dungeons and fractals with unorganized teams, remember that you can Stack 25 might stacks in notime for your party before every boss encounter. And also keep ur teams might stacks up the whole time.

I'm going to be a complete noob and ask what methods you use for might stacking on a party? Cause it feels like options are limited with Elementalist.

@Ranageki.2491 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:If you are running dungeons and fractals with unorganized teams, remember that you can Stack 25 might stacks in notime for your party before every boss encounter. And also keep ur teams might stacks up the whole time.

I'm going to be a complete noob and ask what methods you use for might stacking on a party? Cause it feels like options are limited with Elementalist.

I'd venture to say he means scepter/horn combo. That is the easiest way to mightstack I found, not a staff.

You stack might be constantly swapping weapons and attunements to place fire fields and blasts before you get in combat. SC Mela did combos for might stacking on both tempest (almost same as core ele) and weaver, should be easy to find on youtube.

@steki.1478 said:You stack might be constantly swapping weapons and attunements to place fire fields and blasts before you get in combat. SC Mela did combos for might stacking on both tempest (almost same as core ele) and weaver, should be easy to find on youtube.

This^ and when using staff in combat you can overload fire+earth2, water2, arcane blast and Arcane Brilliance.Arcane traitline makes might stacking easier but is a dps loss

Ah, many thanks all, that helped a lot. I'm a fan of the shout utilities myself. I did try out the arcane blasts which are pretty fun, but I eventually settled with just using the earth shout, with the two staff blasts and the fire overload. I mean it's not as solid I think but I'm stuck in my ways as a staff Elementalist in terms of build. Plus the fire shout sorta makes up for it if the party is getting attacked at least. Now the trick of getting everyone to stay in the fire fields...

@"Ranageki.2491" said:Ah, many thanks all, that helped a lot. I'm a fan of the shout utilities myself. I did try out the arcane blasts which are pretty fun, but I eventually settled with just using the earth shout, with the two staff blasts and the fire overload. I mean it's not as solid I think but I'm stuck in my ways as a staff Elementalist in terms of build. Plus the fire shout sorta makes up for it if the party is getting attacked at least. Now the trick of getting everyone to stay in the fire fields...

Just say "Stack on me for might" before fights, that Will do The trick. And mostly in fractals and dungeons you are stacked anyway

Archived