Something I would like to see: Phlunt Makes Good

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I realize Phlunt is a minor character, there to be a banal antagonist to flesh out Taimi's character, and that he is a miserable old coot... but he's a HIDEBOUND miserable old coot. I don't think it would be out of character for him to strictly follow protocol and, upon Taimi's graduation, actually hand over her waypoint device and all R&D/profits proceeding therefrom. Like, they actually were held in trust for her.

Barring that, it would be a nice way for Zojja to return: compelling Phlunt to follow the rules.

I just really want to see Taimi get her work back.

Agreed! Phlunt's a miserable old goat but I'd find it really terrible writing if they tried to make him a bad guy. Being a grumpy gus and being a bad guy are two different things entirely. I feel like if he stole people's work and didn't hold onto trusts he wouldn't be such a high ranking member of the Council.

Wasn't entirely his choice, but he did help fight even after Balthazar showed up and made the entirety of Rata Novus his playground.

He redeemed himself a bit when he led the charge against Balthazar."No one retreats while Phlunt still phights! You can't aurally hear what I did, but it's very clever!"It was a pleasant surprise, I even found myself cheering Phlunt on, could you believe it?

Would it be bad form that he is, from some reason, her grandpa? I would like to think so with how the asurans don't really put a whole huge emphasis on a family unit and only put it on individual achievement while he was/is one of those weird ones where he keeps a family record as a secret hobby.

Either way, I like the interactions between them and I hope to see more minus him being an antagonist for some story arc.

Archived