mAT selling is ON , would Anet take an action or stay silent ?

storm.3120

Title , would be anything done about that or its legit could be bought for real money ?Why wouldnt you make money just by selling this unique titles, special items with a description "This was earned by prevailing at the highest levels of competition in the Mists." ?Previous experience which happened with NA supposed to prevent that but how lightly you taken that accident its repeat again. And would repeat many times obviously if thats go unpunished,3 months of dishonor is a joke and simply not enough to scare people from doing that again.I could report them 1 billion times but given who have done it...this would be ignored completely

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YesIIrc that person have partnership with Anet on top :). People that ask questions banned on streams by those who cover him :) heheheFirst time its been noticed because teams started complainting about it, 5 people caught. This time so famous and important person ... most likely get ignored or another '3months of dishonor' lol.

Anet should just remove all exclusive rewards from high end PvP, then people wont have any reason to cheat anymore (acc share, carry, win trade, speed hacks, trolling etc). Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters. And make those minis, gadgets, titles and armor skins buyable with season currencies.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Anet should just remove all exclusive rewards from high end PvP, then people wont have any reason to cheat anymore (acc share, carry, win trade, speed hacks, trolling etc). Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters. And make those minis, gadgets, titles and armor skins buyable with season currencies.

That would stop it indeed.But people would stop playing ranked for its rewards ,means less people and if we alrdy have low amount of people playing pvp, that would die completely and would be a ghost town :D

@Malediktus.9250 said:Anet should just remove all exclusive rewards from high end PvP, then people wont have any reason to cheat anymore (acc share, carry, win trade, speed hacks, trolling etc). Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters. And make those minis, gadgets, titles and armor skins buyable with season currencies.

People pay to get titles in PvE, if you want to ban someone for doing it in PvP you should do so in PvE. Likewise all those that farmed ultimate dominator in OS on deso and the other colluding servers should have been stripped of every single bit of progress to that achievement, were they? It was a deliberate exploitation, I remember GW2Community advertising it during triple trouble and tequatl events and they knew damn well it was an exploit.

@apharma.3741 said:

People pay to get titles in PvE, if you want to ban someone for doing it in PvP you should do so in PvE. Likewise all those that farmed ultimate dominator in OS on deso and the other colluding servers should have been stripped of every single bit of progress to that achievement, were they? It was a deliberate exploitation, I remember GW2Community advertising it during triple trouble and tequatl events and they knew kitten well it was an exploit.

PvE/WvW doesnt ring a bell for me. And you cant compare competitive exlusive high end rewards/titles that can be achieved by proving you are worth it during tournaments/league season should be bought with money ? Are you kidding me ?

I don't play a ton > @Malediktus.9250 said:

Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters.

Source?Seriously, I may not PvP much but I have never seen a cheater.I cannot go gathering these days without seeing at least 2 people using the teleporting harvesting bot on mid level core maps.There is a LOT of cheating going on in PvE right now.

@Odik.4587 said:

People pay to get titles in PvE, if you want to ban someone for doing it in PvP you should do so in PvE. Likewise all those that farmed ultimate dominator in OS on deso and the other colluding servers should have been stripped of every single bit of progress to that achievement, were they? It was a deliberate exploitation, I remember GW2Community advertising it during triple trouble and tequatl events and they knew kitten well it was an exploit.

PvE/WvW doesnt ring a bell for me. And you cant compare competitive exlusive high end rewards/titles that can be achieved by proving you are worth it during tournaments/league season should be bought with money ? Are you kidding me ?

I’m saying they should be consistent, if they want to take a stance on people selling titles they should do it across the game not just for PvP as people learn in PvE that if they have no clue what to do but can grind tons of gold or whatever they can just buy it, no skill needed.

@apharma.3741 said:

I’m saying they should be consistent, if they want to take a stance on people selling titles they should do it across the game not just for PvP as people learn in PvE that if they have no clue what to do but can grind tons of gold or whatever they can just buy it, no skill needed.

Anet said they are fine on selling raids and basically PVE stuff, but tf? You want to tell me they should allow wintrading because they allowed to sell/buy raids?:D This people would offer their 'services' to make you god of pvp as they do to kill a raid boss, as someone did now to get this title and special 'snowflake' item from monthly AT and knowing WHO did it would be untouched.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I don't play a ton > @Malediktus.9250 said:

Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters.

Source?Seriously, I may not PvP much but I have never seen a cheater.I cannot go gathering these days without seeing at least 2 people using the teleporting harvesting bot on mid level core maps.There is a LOT of cheating going on in PvE right now.

Lol source. Is this an academic paper?

You will not notice most hackers. If they put a speed boost of 5-10% on them it is enough to get an advantage in the long run without triggering the anti cheat system or making other players suspicious. Only a few people straight up use teleport or fly hacks. There are also hacks that let you attack while invisible. I already saw invisible golems in WvW destroying gates for example.

I think that making the PVP titles and rewards buy-able is redundant. In case you haven't noticed, cheaters are not the players who are winning the Monthly Tournaments and the Seasonal matches. I feel like there should be a stricter punishment on people that win trade, but making the Rewards buy-able is probably the stupidest decision I've heard on here.

@Odik.4587 said:

Anet said they are fine on selling raids and basically PVE stuff, but tf? You want to tell me they should allow wintrading because they allowed to sell/buy raids?:D This people would offer their 'services' to make you god of pvp as they do to kill a raid boss, as someone did now to get this title and special 'snowflake' item from monthly AT and knowing WHO did it would be untouched.

I’m saying that the culture of allowing people to buy titles is what’s given rise to the selling of PvP titles.

If you practise enough you will complete the challenge modes for raids, voice in the void is probably one of the hardest titles to get, yet people are selling it and I doubt there’s no RMT going on at all either. Same thing with PvP if you practise a lot you will get to the end of a monthly or at least get well known enough that maybe you can get into a team capable of winning, or you could pay someone.

Look at Mighty Teapot, he’s not bad at the game but he’s also not great yet had so many qualifying points in his team that they wouldn’t face a great team till semifinals of the monthly. Mostly because the favourites to win do enough to qualify and so are the lowest seed almost while TPot would be one of the highest. If you farm QP then you can make sure you won’t fight a serious team till later as most of them get just enough QP to qualify so as long as your team can find their backsides with 2 hands then they can get pretty far, all it takes is 1 month of R55 not playing and you could get that win.

Given enough time, 2 to 3 months of really trying to git gud at PvP TPot could win a monthly, no need to purchase, just learn and try to improve....and kidnap Sind, Misha and Zan so they can’t play.

Once again, the culture of letting people buy raids, titles and anything they want in PvE is what has led to the idea that you can buy PvP stuff, especially after seasons of wintrading.

@apharma.3741 said:

The difference is account-sharing. In usual (legal) PvE raid selling, the person getting the title still plays his own character, but is carried by the team. The analogous situation in PvP would be four players from Rank 55 carrying a fifth person. But instead they account-shared.

@Kundry.1249 said:

The difference is account-sharing. In usual (legal) PvE raid selling, the person getting the title still plays his own character, but is carried by the team. The analogous situation in PvP would be four players from Rank 55 carrying a fifth person. But instead they account-shared.

Yeah that is a big difference between them however I am saying that the idea that you can buy anything else prestigious like titles that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to get or don’t want to put in the time required to get is a contributing factor as to why this is happening and why it happened in NA on the first AT.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:With people like Sindrener involved this time, I guess the last PvP "heroes" have fallenCannot say I am suprised, most PvP players are hypocrites

Simply because its 55r they were sure they would avoid responsability :) . Iirc they have partnership and still going for that ,hilarious.

Archived