About Weaver Dual Attacks Cooldown Reduction

Hystery.8415

I've been puzzled by something since PoF hit live. Before the expansion came out, I theorycrafted around the Weaver elite spec for a while. You probably know that on every vanilla attunement trait tree, there's one larger trait you can pick giving cooldown reductions on their respective attunement weapon skills (a specific air trait gives air weapon skills CD reduction, a specific fire trait for fire weapon skills, so on so forth). I naively thought that those cooldown reduction traits would allow to reduce the Dual Attacks cooldown, as they are weapon skills of two attunement at once, stacking the CD reduction traits of both attunement trait trees. But that's in theory. In the facts, Dual Attacks don't seem to be affected by any kind of cooldown reduction whatsoever, even though they are attacks combining two attunements. So my question is simple:

Is this a bug?Were the CD reductions applying before (during the WE preview for example), but got nerfed along the way for some balancing reason?Or was it intended to be that way, and will remain like this?

• 2 weeks later...

@TexZero.7910 said:all traits for ele that require an attunement require a pure attunement. ex Fire/Fire, Water/Water, Air/Air, Earth/Earth.

It doesn't require an attunement. When I am air/fire or fire/air and have the air and fire trait lines, the 1st 2 skills and the last 2 skills benefit from the cd reduction (always), but not the 3rd (the dual attack). So both reductions are working, even so, I am either attuned to fire or air, but not in both, at the same time. When a trait is attunement specific it says so "blah blah when attuned to fire blah blah blah".

The most logical thing is that the dual attack benefits from both because it is made from both elements.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:all traits for ele that require an attunement require a pure attunement. ex Fire/Fire, Water/Water, Air/Air, Earth/Earth.

It doesn't require an attunement. When I am air/fire or fire/air and have the air and fire trait lines, the 1st 2 skills and the last 2 skills benefit from the cd reduction (always), but not the 3rd (the dual attack). So both reductions are working, even so, I am either attuned to fire or air, but not in both, at the same time. When a trait is attunement specific it says so "blah blah when attuned to fire blah blah blah".

The most logical thing is that the dual attack benefits from both because it is made from both elements.

Or perhaps logically speaking when you merge elements it becomes something new and so benefits from neither, or maybe because it is only using half of each element, it should only receive half the reduction the trait would normally grant.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

Or perhaps logically speaking when you merge elements it becomes something new and so benefits from neither, or maybe because it is only using half of each element, it should only receive half the reduction the trait would normally grant.

I don't think so and I will explain why.

Let's take for example 1 dual attack skill when dual attuned -> fire/water -> when we have weaver with d/dWhat is the name of the skill? - Steam Surge - The steam is made of water and fire.

Let's take another example - fire/air - d/d weaver againWhat does the skill? Weakening target (which many air abilities of the ele do) + Burning (which many fire abilities of the ele do)

So, if we are speaking logically, these dual attacks are indeed made of the base elements, because they have the characteristics of them all.

I am 100% sure that we all know this - weaver dual attacks is meant to be mix of the 2 elements he is using, and this is what the devs meant too. And I am 99% sure you are just trolling.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

I don't think so and I will explain why.

Let's take for example 1 dual attack skill when dual attuned -> fire/water -> when we have weaver with d/dWhat is the name of the skill? - Steam Surge - The steam is made of water and fire.

Let's take another example - fire/air - d/d weaver againWhat does the skill? Weakening target (which many air abilities of the ele do) + Burning (which many fire abilities of the ele do)

So, if we are speaking logically, these dual attacks are indeed made of the base elements, because they have the characteristics of them all.

I am 100% sure that we all know this - weaver dual attacks is meant to be mix of the 2 elements he is using, and this is what the devs meant too. And I am 99% sure you are just trolling.

I wasn't trolling at all... When you mix two ingredients in chemistry often times you create entirely new things even though the core ingredients were there indeed made of clear and distinct bases. And in other cases where the chemical structure doesn't change, you at the very least generally get a dilution of the two chemicals being mixed. Who is to say that magic is not the same? I was simply offering an alternate explanation or even a compromise (as having it be DOUBLY affected by cooldown reductions would probably be insanely overpowered considering that weaver damage on certain weapons is currently obscenely too high) or perhaps just the more likely explanation that the Devs just thought that reducing the cool-downs on (granted not all, but some of them are objectively better than what they replace) clearly superior dual attacks would be a bit too strong and so chose to just not do that.

@OriOri.8724 said:It would be easy enough to just apply the CD reduction of the MH attunement

That would be confusing. Let's take Steam Surge for example (fire/water dual). Now, let's say you took the water cooldown reduction trait, but not the fire one.

With this suggestion, you would get the cooldown reduction if you were water/fire, but not if you were fire/water. The same skill has two different cooldowns based solely on which order of attunement was used.

Now, keep in mind that this is going to apply to literally every Weaver build, because you can only reduce the cooldowns of two elements maximum.

Archived