Guardian Build

GhostNutz.4165

Can anyone tell which builds for guardian on meta battle don't require HoT? I've seen a few that don't list DLC requirements but some of the ascended gear is only accessible through HoT content. I have PoT but not HoT so I need a good build that doesn't require it. Preferably a WvW build that I can also use in fractals/raids, I want to play more as a tank/support guardian.-Thanks

The only variant of tanky support that may be halfway playable in both WvW and fractals is minstrel, although I seriously doubt that the same runes and sigils would be used. In raids, the stuff you're looking for does not have a place (and honestly, neither in fractals as soon as a druid or chrono is around).

For Firebrand you can roll out with Grieving stats instead of Viper's for fractals and raids (though with only PoF, I guess it's just wing 5) using Balthazar runes. It's fairly similar to using Viper. If you want to play power, sadly you need Dragon Hunter to keep up.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:The only variant of tanky support that may be halfway playable in both WvW and fractals is minstrel, although I seriously doubt that the same runes and sigils would be used. In raids, the stuff you're looking for does not have a place (and honestly, neither in fractals as soon as a druid or chrono is around).

Access to Minstrel stats requires the HoT expansion.

You could run Harrier I guess? If you were gonna be playing support FB in PvE, that's what you would run (not that you should run support FB in PvE without a dedicated group). If you just wanted to run Condi DPS without Vipers, Sinister would probably be your best option.

As far as WvW, if you can't get Minstrel, you could go for Apothecary (Condi oriented), Nomad (tanky), or Giver (Concentration).

You're almost definitely going to want to run different gear for WvW and PvE.

You could also just run a core guardian build. Hammer guard with Valkyrie works in WvW as a fairly bursty assassin-esque build. And you can approximate the meta DH build for PvE using GS + Scepter/Torch, you just swap out the Dragonhunter specialization for something that gives you a little less damage (Virtues, Radiance, or Zeal), swap your elite skill for the damage shout, spinning blade trap for spirit sword or some situational skills. You would of course, still just run Zerk for that build.

Archived