Whats your main - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Whats your main

2>

Comments

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

I no longer consider my main a class "fun" to play; but I can't back to neither Warrior or Guardian. I burn that bridge time ago.

• Bish.8627Bish.8627 Member ✭✭✭
    Engineer

Warrior first year, then Engineer since. Nice to see the Engie pop rising if this is anything to go by, the old stats said Engie was the second to last prof.

• Thier

My thief would probably be my main, honestly. I think she's my oldest character. Actually, I know she is. But having somewhat recently started playing mirage, I finally don't hate playing mesmer. Fun fact, my mesmer is my second oldest character, by just a few days. A week, max. And only with mirage do I now actually enjoy playing the class.

So yeah, between my thief and mesmer. Going MM with necromancer was also pretty kitten fun in pve, but now she's mostly my go-to character for the incredibly rare moments I feel crazy enough to actually want to play pvp/wvw. Of course, I obviously won't go minion master in wvw, though.

• Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    Elementalist

Dang..
    Errbody a necro.

I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

I started and completed GW with a ranger so when GW2 came out, I naturally started with ... a ranger. She's still my main even though I like playing a lot of the other professions. Still, I will open any new map (LS) or expansion with my ranger.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Engineer

Engineer, technically. I've been playing a lot of Thief (fun) and Revenant (painful fun) as well though. I don't think I can go back to standard boring classes that don't have unique resource mechanics or tons of skills requiring piano skills.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranger

It's probably most accurate to say my main is "norn" to be honest.

I love the spirits of the wild aspect, and my norn ranger just felt complete when they released soulbeast, so that's the norn I'll pick for this poll.

• kyllar.6907kyllar.6907 Member ✭✭
    Mesmer

I went with Mesmer, Mirage spec, because I enjoy the survival aspect as well as the decent DPS output. I have tried others and enjoy them all but mirage is my favorite.

• seinka.4823seinka.4823 Member ✭✭

I can't vote, I have a different main every week or two. >___>
    I'm trying to settle down with one, but... BUUUUUUUUUUT.... can't choose between Mesmer, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Elementalist... T____T

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

Spellbreaker for roaming
    Firebrand for GvG/zerging
    Mirage for story, map completion and open world stuff

• Krag.6210Krag.6210 Member ✭✭
    Engineer

Engi since vanilla

• Elementalist

Have 3000h on Ele. My very fist char.
    Currently my Engi is catching up because Ele is on support which makes open world a lot less fun (Awesome in fracs tho). I love them both.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Elementalist

Elementalist. I've never been anything else in Tyria, except for a few alts I solely leveled for AP.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I spend most of my time on either Revenant or Ranger depending on what kind of content I want to do. I'll play my Elementalist every so often as well because I love the playstyle of sword/dagger Weaver.

Healing orbs are a mistake. Please delete them ANet.

• Guardian

I play a guardian as my main, mostly because when I started playing dungeons were big, and I did a lot of pugging.

Now, I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can pug :3

So running a guardian increased group survivability, and made pugs SO MUCH better for me.

With the death of dungeons, I moved on to DH and Firebrand. Both feel great with the guardian's tools and base mechanics. I feel like its a really well designed class all around.

I also relate really well to female charr for some reason, which my guardian is.

"Samnang.1879" said: "dont need to watch anime its not necessary"

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guardian

Firebrand since February. Which is funny because I couldn't get into core Guard for 5 years but I love FB so much. :) I rerolled from core Engineer after they changed my favorite trait line (Alchemy) to the point that I did not enjoy my character's gameplay anymore.

• Ranger

I main Ranger. I have 2 of them, one Norn Druid for healing, and one Asura Soulbeast. Thinking of leveling another one but Sylvari power Ranger.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

Ranger and Necromancer for me although I tend to play Ranger more often.

• Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭
    Necromancer

Since starting in the summer of 2013, I played on and off until I really got the feel for the game. My main has always been a guardian/DH. About a week ago, I started really working toward reaper. I leveled my necro with tomes, so I wasn't very good with it, but I got enough points to use the GS, and the new reaper form, so i just started doing random things, like HoT zones to open up the maps, and start HP hunting. By the time I opened up the entire spec line, I had really figured out how to play the spec, and fell in love with it. Coming from a class with one of the lowest health pools, to one of the highest, plus a second health bar, I'm loving the passive tankiness.

I have decided to make necro, and more specifically reaper, my new main. I'm opening up the scourge line now, and it's pretty fun, but I'm always gonna love swinging 2h weapons, so reaper will be my main, but its nice to know scourge is a fun alternative.

• Necromancer

I do have at least one character per profession, but my Reaper was my first character and i love being able to summon zombie golems at any time.

• Druitt.7629Druitt.7629 Member ✭✭
    Necromancer

Necro is my main, but I'll definitely run other professions for a while for a change of pace and lately it's been Guardian, Warrior, Ranger and Thief.

• Iozeph.5617Iozeph.5617 Member ✭✭✭
    Engineer

Main is Asura -one of every profession- though if I had to pick one profession I hold more dear nor any other it would be core Engineer. It sucks. It's been neglected, is in no wise competitive unless you choose Holosmith. Scrapper had a chance but most bunkers are a joke in this game. So why continue to play it?

Sometimes, even though it's against all better judgement, you just have to love something and keep loving it for the potential it has or, at least, once had.

PS. I still miss you, deployable turrets.

• Necromancer

I voted Necromancer, but it'll no doubt change since I have a hard time sticking with a main. It was Engineer on launch and became Mesmer during HoT. I play all the classes and have 2 80s of each (aside from Rev and Thief).

I like professions for several different reasons, but themes is really high on that list. Necromancer is fairly thematic, even if it's core traits are still a little wonky (leagues better than they used to be). I think Condi Reaper is one of the most thematic builds in the game. There's a fairly strong Chill Reaper on metabattle. The build itself isn't meta, but it looks so great when you're playing it! Even my Necromancer who dresses in white and pinks looks scary when all the enemies around her are frozen. Then the massive scythe from shroud is very flashy. Really gives a good scary vibe! BUT! I don't like playing Reaper. It's way too straightforward and slow. I don't really mean that as an insult, it adds to the theme. I will sometimes switch to Reaper purely for thematic purposes. I like Scourge, even if the theme isn't all that great for me. Possessed sand is neat and all, but "eh" is the best I can say about it. I do much prefer the playstyle of Scourge over Reaper. I like thinking about my shades and planning out (relative to the combat-pacing) what to do. Even if that plan is already mostly laid out beforehand.

I'd really like to go back to Engineer. Holosmith and Scrapper don't really do it for me. I hope the next elite spec just has silly amounts of explosions or something.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭
    Warrior

Warrior is my main in almost all video games that features one. I like beeing simple, beeing straightforward, I like heavy armor and conventional weapons.

• Necromancer

Necro. I despise the uber classes in any game and always choose the underdog. But this is ridiculous. The feeling you get when you stomp the more balanced/optimal classes on a necro/reaper in my case keeps me going no matter the k/d ratio.

• Warrior

2012 - 2015 ele Main ( Pvp and WvW Roamer -> DD Ele :)
    2015-2018 -> not played ( break from this game)
    2018-20xx Warrior Main ( because Ele is f tier and warrior is balanced, fair and has no lame stupid mechanics like stealth, and teleports)

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mesmer

Mesmer, but starting to lean toward ranger more as tired of re-gearing every other patch.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Elementalist

Elementalist since GW1 even if playing it in GW2 is more about being a masochist and way less versatile than in GW1

• TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019
    Warrior

Started with guardian. Finished the game. Went pvp n did thief for a while cos I was into the rough assassin type class. It's just weak sauce and hard to play. Then went engineer, still play it, it's about half my games.

Finally tried warrior after that Man it's fun. U feel like some anime character smashing things with a big sword.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guardian

I shuffled around. I started the game with Mesmer, then thief. I then switched to rev, then guardian. I settled on guardian.

PvE wise it varies from time to time. I switch around (less engi).

PvP, about 90% guardian.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

Ranger. was a ranger in the first game. \o/
    Had the hate there, got it here.
    Meow please.

• I actually have two mains, a Rev and an Engi. I think I've had 'em both for about two years now? I can't remember.

I love my Rev (Herald all the way!) because of how much combat feels like a dance, if I do it right. And I just like the uniqueness of it, I suppose. Honestly, I can't remember why I picked it up and stuck with it.
    My first main is my Engi. I've stuck with the class for about 5 years now, loving it utterly (all specs for it). I love the utility that Engis always had and the survivability that the class grants.

I dunno exactly, to be honest, but somethin' about those two classes never seem to bore me.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Engineer

@Aerphix.4816 said:
    I main Ranger. I have 2 of them, one Norn Druid for healing, and one Asura Soulbeast. Thinking of leveling another one but Sylvari power Ranger.

I find that hard to believe because you necro'd the hell out of this thread.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranger

Depends on how you determine your main(s)! B)

I love my elementalist character and they are the ones I play through the whole story on and am working on map completion but I really do not like how squishy the class is so I rarely use them for farming nor group content.

I’ve been plying Druid healer longest for raids and fractals. I love playing a healer!

Necromancer is increasingly my go to class for farming, open world events, and when I want to play DPS in group content. Reaper is lots of fun to play, lots of damage without being made of glass! I’ve also like the option of support scourge for variety. :)

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2019
    Necromancer

At heart probably always Necromancer, even though I don't get to play it much in the content I enjoy and am not very satisfied about the state it's in almost since launch, it's the profession I'm the most invested in. Mostly playing it in PvP and WvW, just because.
    My other main, which I end up playing a large majority of time, Guardian. I don't enjoy it thematically quite as much, but it's just such an enjoyable and cohesive design when compared to Necro, and very effective to meta in everything I enjoy playing, be it Fractals or Raids etc.

"As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guardian

Versatility. Also like Engineer, Ranger and Elementalist.

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019
    Necromancer

Necromancer was the first class I invested myself in, and the oldest character I have, which is my Necro, is the one I experienced many things for the first time with. It has substantially more sentimental value to me than any of my other characters or anything else I've played because it's like my first pair of shoes. I took my first real steps in the game with Necro and because I've played it for so many years, it's the only class I feel truly "in tune" with.

Kind of ironically, I'm a very independent/anti-social player that prefers to be alone and to do things myself. As a WvW main and formerly a PvPer, this kind of contradicts Necromancers necessity for support or to be in groups. As a result I've gone through a number of phases of hating Necro and either not playing it as much or not playing it at all for a period of time.
    No matter how many times I've done that however, I've always come back to Necro and I always feel home again when I'm back to enjoying myself with it.

Why do I main it? Besides sentimental value, I just enjoy being the kind of thing you can't ignore in a fight. The kind of thing that has more power to determine who wins or loses than a lot of other things. And being basically designed around stripping defenses and making people panic. Despite how many people describe Necro as being a ping pong ball (which is absolutely true at times), nothing makes me feel as strong as Necromancer does. I just feel like I have so much more control over what happens in a small/medium scale fight compared to anything else and in a 1v1, I feel like I can create a lot more tension for my opponents due to how easily I can punish mistakes.

It has it's problems, as does every profession, but I love it more every day. It happens to contradict my play style in some ways yet it feels so right as well. And that's why even if I get frustrated with it every now and then, I'll still always consider myself a Necro main.

💎 [HUNT] [IH] [JEEP] | Necromancer, Engineer, Revenant | Maguuma | Diamond Legend 💎

• Flying.6509Flying.6509 Member ✭✭
    Revenant

Voted Rev because that's what I mostly play (all game modes, Herald/Renegade, power/condi), but I really play all professions, wil often just pick one based on what i feel like playing that moment. Soulbeast, Reaper/Scourge, Yolosmith are also up there.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.