Crafting 24+ slot boxes/bags

Stik.7243

@"Stik.7243" said:I am fairly new to GW2, but I have managed to get a couple of toons maxed at 500 for crafting. So what is the easiest way to get the "Recipes of the Dwarven __ Trader" so I can crafte 24's and then use those to craft bigger boxes/bags?

Unless you want to try to loot them from the "Breaking the Bank" material, I'd recommend going to the TP. It looks like you can unlock everything for ~2g. That seems far easier, assured and relatively cheap.

The recipes are obtained from doing the Breaking the bank achievements. It is a small gamble game in the highlands. You enter, need to select a chest (the correct one is random, there are always two), in room two this is repeated and in room three it is again repeated. then you get a final chest. There is an RNG chance for the items to drop. It is cheaper to buy them on the tp to be honest

@"Stik.7243" said:I am fairly new to GW2, but I have managed to get a couple of toons maxed at 500 for crafting. So what is the easiest way to get the "Recipes of the Dwarven __ Trader" so I can crafte 24's and then use those to craft bigger boxes/bags?

Try to work it out, is it worth creating a bag that has an extra 4 slots compared to actually converting gems to buy an bag slot expansion to use another free 20 slot fractal bag.

Currently 100 gold gets you 400 gems for a bag slot, so is it worth spending 100 odd gold to get 20 extra slots, or is it worth spending X amount crafting 5x24 slot bags to get the equivalent of the bag slot expansion.

By the way, the answer is no, its not worth it. You're better off buying a bag slot expansion, 28 gold to craft a 24 slot bag. 28 x 5 = 140gold for 20 extra slots. Convert 100 gold to 400 gems = 20 slots. So you save 40 gold by buying the extra slot.

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

Try to work it out, is it worth creating a bag that has an extra 4 slots compared to actually converting gems to buy an bag slot expansion to use another free 20 slot fractal bag.

Currently 100 gold gets you 400 gems for a bag slot, so is it worth spending 100 odd gold to get 20 extra slots, or is it worth spending X amount crafting 5x24 slot bags to get the equivalent of the bag slot expansion.

By the way, the answer is no, its not worth it. You're better off buying a bag slot expansion, 28 gold to craft a 24 slot bag. 28 x 5 = 140gold for 20 extra slots. Convert 100 gold to 400 gems = 20 slots. So you save 40 gold by buying the extra slot.

You'll run out eventually... my farming toon have max slots, but is hogging so much account bound mats from daily HoT and Istan+Sand Swept farms i think i need to start throwing out some

@crepuscular.9047 said:

You'll run out eventually... my farming toon have max slots, but is hogging so much account bound mats from daily HoT and Istan+Sand Swept farms i think i need to start throwing out some

Why would you hold on to oodles of materials you don't use?

Get one or two Storage Expanders (more than that I find unnecessary), and any account bound material above that gets either

• gobbled (Bloodstone etc),
  • turned into profit (airship oil etc, via Jewelled Dowels/Patches) or
  • deleted.

Unless I'm saving it for something specific, of course. But that seldom needs more than a stack or two.

Well, I bought all 3 recipes last night for just over 2 gp's. Made 1x 24 slot orichalcum box. I have already gotten 1 storage expander. Might get another. So far I am doing predominately story, map & farming. Trying to build up my mat inventory so I can eventually start on crafting legendaries. As soon as I can get a better schedule I will start on fractals. I just finished my base game personal story with my Guardian last night. Next is either my Warrior or my Ranger, so storage is at a premium. I have some things I don't really know what to do with them right now, but I know I need to keep them!!

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" Can you elaborate a little more on your comments about "gobbling" mats or turning them into profit(airship oil, via Jewelled Dowels/Patches)?

Thanks for the comments and please add any other views on storage/mats to keep, etc

@Stik.7243 said:Well, I bought all 3 recipes last night for just over 2 gp's. Made 1x 24 slot orichalcum box. I have already gotten 1 storage expander. Might get another. So far I am doing predominately story, map & farming. Trying to build up my mat inventory so I can eventually start on crafting legendaries. As soon as I can get a better schedule I will start on fractals. I just finished my base game personal story with my Guardian last night. Next is either my Warrior or my Ranger, so storage is at a premium. I have some things I don't really know what to do with them right now, but I know I need to keep them!!

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" Can you elaborate a little more on your comments about "gobbling" mats or turning them into profit(airship oil, via Jewelled Dowels/Patches)?

Thanks for the comments and please add any other views on storage/mats to keep, etc

Gobbling: using the various "gobblers" or "eaters" such as Mawdrey II, Herta, Sentient Anomaly/Abberration/whatever, Star of Gratitude, etc to consume an amount of account bound materials daily. Gives junk, but at least it's sellable/salvageable.

Airship oil etc can be turned into Fulgurite, used to make Jeweled Dowels or Patches (req 500 crafting) which sells at a premium compared to non-jeweled versions. The downsides: it requires equal amounts, so I'm always deleting some amounts or Auric Dust and Airship Oil because I hate TD with a passion. It also uses Obsidian, so that has to be aquired too.

Archived