An Alternative to Surging?

Imperadordf.2687

Run leadership as engi. Or you can experiment and play with a rune you end up liking with your style (I personally love using adventure runes on my holo due to the extra heat management and sustain I get from the extra dodge after I heal.) multiple runes will work (yes leadership will probably be meta cause boons are the name of the game these days) so give them a try and see what you come up with.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Hoelbrak isn't too bad

It is.

It is bad for mes. I forgot that's the only class in PvP now.

It's bad for everything

Works fine for me on SB and Tempest but I'm not gonna argue personal opinions, I like it and if you don't that's fine too.

No it doesn't and it's not a matter of opinion when it's just straight up inferior. But ok

@Obindo.6802 said:

It is.

It's bad for everything

Works fine for me on SB and Tempest but I'm not gonna argue personal opinions, I like it and if you don't that's fine too.

No it doesn't and it's not a matter of opinion when it's just straight up inferior. But ok

I think it would help if you actually explain why rather than making 3 posts which come down to “I say it’s trash so it is trash”. I agree there are better options than hoelbrak by a considerable mile but you really should try to explain your reasoning, if not flat out say “X is better because of 6th bonus.”

@apharma.3741 said:

It is.

It's bad for everything

I think it would help if you actually explain why rather than making 3 posts which come down to “I say it’s trash so it is trash”. I agree there are better options than hoelbrak by a considerable mile but you really should try to explain your reasoning, if not flat out say “X is better because of 6th bonus.”

I shouldn't have to explain why smthing that's straight up inferior is worse to the point where "opinion" matters at all just like I shouldn't have to explain why some rifle sword axe warr build is beyond garbage. Why would u take a stat rune that gives much less than for example pack or strength. Just because it's better than no rune doesn't mean it's good. It's not.

Glad to know I can excel on sub par runes but like I said, its just an opinion. They serve me and my builds well because those classes need the might and the condition reduction and if you guys dont like that I respect that even though I think pack and strength runes are a joke in comparison.

just opinions that differ, thats it.

OP asked for ideas without stating a class so I gave SB and Tempest because thats what I use Hoelbrak for which fits the description of his OP and thats power + boon duration.... Hoelbrak offers that, your pack rune idea does not.

when I posted mine I didnnt expect someone to go "noooooo its bad because I say its bad only my opinion matters dont listen to anyone else." and proceed to list runes out of context to the OP because thats borderline idiotic.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Glad to know I can excel on sub par runes but like I said, its just an opinion. They serve me and my builds well because those classes need the might and the condition reduction and if you guys dont like that I respect that even though I think pack and strength runes are a joke in comparison.

OP asked for ideas without stating a class so I gave SB and Tempest because thats what I use Hoelbrak for which fits the description of his OP and thats power + boon duration.... Hoelbrak offers that, your pack rune idea does not.

when I posted mine I didnnt expect someone to go "noooooo its bad because I say its bad only my opinion matters dont listen to anyone else." and proceed to list runes out of context to the OP because thats borderline idiotic.

why would you want condition duration reduced when sb already has a ton of resistance and condi removal at hand? it's a waste of a bonus

@allias.1420 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Glad to know I can excel on sub par runes but like I said, its just an opinion. They serve me and my builds well because those classes need the might and the condition reduction and if you guys dont like that I respect that even though I think pack and strength runes are a joke in comparison.

why would you want condition duration reduced when sb already has a ton of resistance and condi removal at hand? it's a waste of a bonus

It's in the build in my Signature and was very helpful through the Scourge era, always fighting 2.Resistance is also a boon that's quickly corrupted by semi competent players, similar to stability.20% condition duration reduction is always welcome to me because I despise conditions.

These are just my opinions though, it's not a universal fact that it's better or worse, it just serves what I need it too and OP asked for a rune that had power and boon duration of which it does AND also has the extra condi reduction.

I don't see many others offering Idea's to OP request, I just see a lot of nit picking over the ideas already put down. If OP had said he was Mes, Engie or Druid, I wouldn't have said Hoelbrak.

Again, all this is just an opinion from someone who never plays META builds, I scrape the bottom of plat and high gold with the builds I make (30+ different builds on 30+ toons) so don't take this as some Elite advice or universal truth which comes back too my OP as "Hoelbrak isn't too bad".... Some very important keywords there that others missed before they responded.

It is.

It's bad for everything

I shouldn't have to explain why smthing that's straight up inferior is worse to the point where "opinion" matters at all just like I shouldn't have to explain why some rifle sword axe warr build is beyond garbage. Why would u take a stat rune that gives much less than for example pack or strength. Just because it's better than no rune doesn't mean it's good. It's not.

You should explain when someone is using it and doesn’t agree with you, you have this wonderful opportunity to educate the players who may end up on your team, it is in your best interests to encourage them to use what you consider the best runes. They won’t change if your reason boils down to “because I say so”.

It would have been quicker to explain why than to have written that reply to me, if you had just explained in the first place you would have saved even more time by not having to revisit the thread or write the above quote.

It is.

It's bad for everything

You should explain when someone is using it and doesn’t agree with you, you have this wonderful opportunity to educate the players who may end up on your team, it is in your best interests to encourage them to use what you consider the best runes. They won’t change if your reason boils down to “because I say so”.

It would have been quicker to explain why than to have written that reply to me, if you had just explained in the first place you would have saved even more time by not having to revisit the thread or write the above quote.

Pack runes only buffs Swiftness duration from what I know, are you able to explain why maintaining swiftness is more important than maintaining might? Please educate.

You have this wonderful opportunity to educate and I'm genuinely curious now why swiftness is such an important boon to stack and maintain.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

Pack runes only buffs Swiftness duration from what I know, are you able to explain why maintaining swiftness is more important than maintaining might? Please educate.

You have this wonderful opportunity to educate and I'm genuinely curious now why swiftness is such an important boon to stack and maintain.

Pack runes does not "just buff swiftness duration" Nobody takes pack rune for the swiftness. It's not weird that u play hoelbrak and then dont understand why it's bad if u dont even know what the runes in the game does. Pack is extremely statted and has 33% uptime (assuming insta procc off cd) of fury. If u want might u take strength. It's same but better longer duration and more dmg. The minimal condi duration decrease is useless. Conditions rarely get their full duration off. Same reason you dont take condi duration. For example condi warr (during hot) running rabid over wanderer and scourge carrion instead of deadshot (idk if u still run that or smthing changed since we last bothered looking into that and optimizing) but u wouldn't run deadshot over carrion. Both rabid and carrion tick higher and also gives u much more toughness and vita as well. Only situation it's understandable u might think it's good is if u rely on resistance where condi duration actually sometimes gets value. But even in this case it does almost nothing and going pack is much better (u dont want strength either on sb, unless ur some ghetto sb + strength(trait) build).

As I said ur taking a statted rune that has less stats and just inferior in what it does to other options to the point ur opinion doesn't matter because "ur doing fine with it". People are playing naked and doing fine with it but if u think that whether playing naked is better or not is also a matter of opinion because of "doing fine with it" then that's just beyond stupid.Idk why I have to explain this.

Also I saw ur sb build and it's beyond garbage so idk why you're talking about what's good or not. But hey, it works fine for you, right?

Archived