Boon Duration Build Preliminary

babazhook.6805

I will post links to the build later , but in the interests of theorycrafting I have been fieldtesting a build premised on pushing boon duration as high as I could go without unduly sacrificing damage output. This is not intended for PvP as I do not PvP but use in open world or WvW. I am not suggesting it the best build possible or that it the most viable of builds, but I am having both fun and success with it in the early going.

The build is premised on getting key boons to as high a duration as possible along with the fact they will be self generated rather then rely on others for the same (Given I tend to roam WvW solo a lot). The base template has boon duration at 87 percent once stacking applied. Given the build focused on Quickness/might and fury in some combination , those boons will make up for the sacrifices made to power and ferocity.

As such the only traitlines being considered are CS/TR/DE and Acro with both Acro and DE deemed required given the number of boons allowed and the Acro add to duration. The weapons can be Rifle , P/P , s/x in some combination as each of these adds boons.

Sigil of severance will be used on each weapon as I really think these help complement what I am trying to do and thus I lean towards weapons and skills with easy access to Interrupts (s/p over s/d as example). The single utility deemed a must is Haste as it provides three boons on a relatively low cooldown.

In testing using severance in conjunction with BqobK i push precision to 90 percent while in one set with relative ease staring at a base of just under 50 and 100 percent in the other. Ferocity base is 1910 percent base one version and 206 in other.

Of most interest to me was how long I could get those boons to stack to in typical small scale fights. Given the single largest sacrifice to get this duration is power , I was especially focused on Quickness fury and might. Power starts at 2264 which I would generally deem too low for a power build with just over 17k health and just under 2400 armor.

To the BOONS in particular. Swiftness has 100 percent uptime. It easy to get there and in fights I have come out with close to 2 minutes stacked. Vigor is very much the same and you can generally leave a fight with a minute and more piled on dependent on whether BT or trickster taken in TR or if CS chosen over TR. In the CS version with TR dropped I have come out of figths with over a minute fury stacked and with assassins fury one can easily stack 20 plus might out of that trait alone. The Quickness on mark via BqobK runs at just over 7 seconds. Haste as a utility on a 24 second cooldown allows another 11 3/4 meaning the two combined can get close to 19 seconds. (This if in CS over TR of course). If you take the TR line you can get another 11 3/4 seconds out of BOA. This virtual full uptime on quickness does a lot to make up for the sacrifice to power as BqobK bonus of +200 always running. Perfectionist kicking in adds yet more fury, might , swiftness. Regen is also fulltime and you will get minutes of this stacked. Protection off perfectionist is just under 10 seconds.

In the CS line with close to 100% precision you get less quickness overall but push ferocity much higher wherein it peaks to 230+ on interrupt with severance kick in.

While the boons plentiful one must watch for boon corruption and this lead me to tending towards Trickster over BT in WvW when facing a scourge. That said BT can also work well albeit Shadowstep and or SOA will be used more for cleanses. The nature of how boons applied makes it realtively easy to get them back. I found that p/p or rifle just worked well against the Scourge in any case allowing you to avoid the worst of the corruption when you kite.

Obviously the fact I leave fights with 1 minute plus duration of multiple boons running means I have likley pushed duration too high But this will be scaled back once I find what I consider a sweet spot for what I have in mind. This will have to be done without shortening quickess access too much as that boon really makes the builds rock.

This is my boon based build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYUn0MBFOhlOB+OBUGjFsCrLAEdyReZgLQHg/O2HPkA-j1SBQBUSlm8pPwDnAguo8ALKx0wDAwMKBXwhAAAHBgEquw+2fIAACgbezbezbezazbezbezbezbezbWKABVGB-w

The base stats seem very defensive, until you realise some of the synergies going on here. 2481 power Base, but add bloodlust (250), power boost when under quickness (200) and the 10 might you get from perfectionist (300) and you're on 3231 power, and that's ignoring any extra might from revealed malice or rifle 3. Crit chance is 46%, then add 20% from fury and 10% while under quickness and you get 76% on sword, add another 20% while kneeling on rifle and you've got 96%. Stacking more offensive buffs than this is overkill for a skirmish build imo, go full zerk if you want a stealth sniper.

Fury, swiftness and vigor are permanently up while fighting. Quickness access is good when needed due to swindlers equilibrium and rage sigil, you can get more taking lesser haste over thrill of the crime but I generally find having perma fury more reliable damage. You have two protection procs from dura runes and perfectionist, and you can get 25 might by spamming 3 but that's rarely the best use of ini in my experience.

You wouldn't be hitting the absolute highest death's judgements with this, but the 14-15k average crits I get with full malice are more than enough to spike down a good amount of players.

I've been looking at how to make sw/p work with DE with rifle as off hand and still keep Acro. The loss of the gap closing steal is still hard to stomach, but I like this boon duration approach. It reminds me of the off meta iDisenchanter build I play on my Mirage where you're taking advantage of large sustain uptime in regen, protection, and vigor and full might stacks and high quickness up time.

The question is always the net gain, here I see that as sustain/mobility through regen, vigor, and swiftness (the protection is nice, but there's a ramp up waiting for the malice). I'm sure there's a tilting point where the quickness and might out do the static stats, but I'm not sure what that is, but testing can flesh that out.

I'd be inclined to try ~50% boon duration and favor more static stats instead (mainly ferocity and power). Are you using concentration sigil or getting it all from gear? I think if I was going to run CS I'd give up Severance sigil for something else. However, for sw/p I think TR is a must, there's a lot of synergy across Sleight of Hand, Swindler's Equilibrium, Unforgiving (does this proc if you remark the same target?), Be Quick or Be Killed, and Severance Sigil. You have a lot of Steal generation and thus control through Dazes and Stuns with high sustain uptime to stand in and deliver Pistol Whips. Withdraw, RfI, Haste, Shadowstep, and Basi Venom on the utilities.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsa66k0MhinghTsUVYd7krTBg/PeIbkeXgTQAA-jlCFQBtb/BFq0AAPAgMeQASjOAkoM7KKBtj2h/p+jKPDABAQAuZb2mtZwRP6RP6RPab3m7852cnP3m38m7sUABuSD-w

This build version one template . Obviously dependent on what weapons decided on you mix up the utilies taken. This trickery version.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsa66k0MhinghTssTYdvlFUOgfWuLDmbBgaTbC-jlCFQBXRJYGPIAIRZGAeAAtb/h0oDwOaHU5ZA4fq/oQlGnDOAWraVraB7t3e7t3e9gavNgavNgart2blCIwVaA-w

This version two template CS version.

Now I understand that when using stacking sigils one usually goes Bloodlust but this not the point here. The Sigil of bounty will add 15 percent more boon duration when stacking done and give that added time to the boons. I did have concentration but found it awkward to pull off the 33 percent needed. As example if in TR I really want to open with BOA with a side or flank attack and trigger that first 11 seconds quickness. This hard to do via weapon swap as you have to open with your other weaponset and then swap. Further to that I did not want a Concentration on each weapon set meaning the wait for that boon add some 20 seconds total. Bounty is a steady 15 percent no matter the weapons you use.

Now I have not shown the Rifle version but if you go into rifle in this build Rifle provides some decent boons via the various skills as it has swiftness. might, fury and vigor built in. Add 15 percent to the base duration to get more accurate idea of the boons the build can get you.

Again, I am going to field test for a while to get a better feel for it and then slowly cut back duration stuff and invest in Power and Ferocity.

Keep this in mind with recent nerfs. Might stacking and Quickness will help make up for overall damage loss due to our nerfs to weapons. P/X with #1 is a VERY different kettle of fish with might stacked coupled with quickness. Getting off twice the shots in the same period of time is like a doubling of damage when quickness up and the might stacks can increase the damage as well.

@Tinnel.4369 said:I've been looking at how to make sw/p work with DE with rifle as off hand and still keep Acro. The loss of the gap closing steal is still hard to stomach, but I like this boon duration approach. It reminds me of the off meta iDisenchanter build I play on my Mirage where you're taking advantage of large sustain uptime in regen, protection, and vigor and full might stacks and high quickness up time.

The question is always the net gain, here I see that as sustain/mobility through regen, vigor, and swiftness (the protection is nice, but there's a ramp up waiting for the malice). I'm sure there's a tilting point where the quickness and might out do the static stats, but I'm not sure what that is, but testing can flesh that out.

I'd be inclined to try ~50% boon duration and favor more static stats instead (mainly ferocity and power). Are you using concentration sigil or getting it all from gear? I think if I was going to run CS I'd give up Severance sigil for something else. However, for sw/p I think TR is a must, there's a lot of synergy across Sleight of Hand, Swindler's Equilibrium, Unforgiving (does this proc if you remark the same target?), Be Quick or Be Killed, and Severance Sigil. You have a lot of Steal generation and thus control through Dazes and Stuns with high sustain uptime to stand in and deliver Pistol Whips. Withdraw, RfI, Haste, Shadowstep, and Basi Venom on the utilities.

The issue with SOH vrsus unforgiving is they both go off at the same time on a steal , thus one of the two wasted.

If I was going Rifle I would take silent scope over unforgiving meaning one would likely take SOH. For any other weapon you want unforgiving (Unless a Condition build) and this makes SOH redundant leaving BA or QP as an alternate.

The big loss in TR is in the extra quickness and INI. BT if traited or the added Condition cleanses is the next hit. You get more damage overall out of CS. Now if I can ascertain whether the extra FURY adds , plus might stacking out of CS with all that extra Ferocity makes up for the INI and quickness loss out of TR and pumps out noticeably more damage over a given time period, I am willing to give up the extra Boon Theft via BT or the extra Condition cleanses with trickster. I go back and forth and there reasons to like both.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:I've been looking at how to make sw/p work with DE with rifle as off hand and still keep Acro. The loss of the gap closing steal is still hard to stomach, but I like this boon duration approach. It reminds me of the off meta iDisenchanter build I play on my Mirage where you're taking advantage of large sustain uptime in regen, protection, and vigor and full might stacks and high quickness up time.

The issue with SOH vrsus unforgiving is they both go off at the same time on a steal , thus one of the two wasted.

If I was going Rifle I would take silent scope over unforgiving meaning one would likely take SOH. For any other weapon you want unforgiving (Unless a Condition build) and this makes SOH redundant leaving BA or QP as an alternate.

The big loss in TR is in the extra quickness and INI. BT if traited or the added Condition cleanses is the next hit. You get more damage overall out of CS. Now if I can ascertain whether the extra FURY adds , plus might stacking out of CS with all that extra Ferocity makes up for the INI and quickness loss out of TR and pumps out noticeably more damage over a given time period, I am willing to give up the extra Boon Theft via BT or the extra Condition cleanses with trickster. I go back and forth and there reasons to like both.

I never had issues with SoH and unforgiving going off together, I could get the two separate interrupts pretty happily. Are you sure you're not using mug, or spamming the stolen skill without thinking about it?

That said I thing silent scope is waaaaay too good if you want to use rifle, that trait is overloaded quite honestly.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I never had issues with SoH and unforgiving going off together, I could get the two separate interrupts pretty happily. Are you sure you're not using mug, or spamming the stolen skill without thinking about it?

That said I thing silent scope is waaaaay too good if you want to use rifle, that trait is overloaded quite honestly.

I suggest the number of times that a stun followed by a daze triggers two seperate interrupts is very low. This would mean the first to fire would have to hit a skill being cast and the target would have to be firing up another skill in fractions of a second. I also supsect that the times the first firing fails an interrupt while the second does is next to nil. If it happnes time to time I do not think it worth investing in a GM trait for that marginal an outcome. Added to that not only do on interrupt sigils have a 1 second ICD but given Severance being used even if it does fre twice and HAS no icd, it merely refreshes rather then adds to duration.

I believe if unforgiving being taken and you in the TR line you are far better off with QP for the extra INI. No matter the weapon set you in having extra INI when you swap can help save you or help finish an opponent when it can help allow an SB infiltators to get out of danger or squeeze in one more port to with s/x #2 for a finisher.

@babazhook.6805 said:

I suggest the number of times that a stun followed by a daze triggers two seperate interrupts is very low. This would mean the first to fire would have to hit a skill being cast and the target would have to be firing up another skill in fractions of a second. I also supsect that the times the first firing fails an interrupt while the second does is next to nil. If it happnes time to time I do not think it worth investing in a GM trait for that marginal an outcome. Added to that not only do on interrupt sigils have a 1 second ICD but given Severance being used even if it does fre twice and HAS no icd, it merely refreshes rather then adds to duration.

I believe if unforgiving being taken and you in the TR line you are far better off with QP for the extra INI. No matter the weapon set you in having extra INI when you swap can help save you or help finish an opponent when it can help allow an SB infiltators to get out of danger or squeeze in one more port to with s/x #2 for a finisher.

You can control the timing of the second. I don't think the suggestion was that you'd spam them back to back and get two interrupts. However, closely following with the second maximizes the chance you'll catch them trying to counter offensively or defensively and get an interrupt. It also exhausts stun breaks and I'm pretty sure you can deliver the stun initiative free from 1500 with the stolen skill. In my rifle build it's pretty effective with Mercy at locking down a target and putting a dent in their health without even spending initiative: Steal > 2x stolen skill > Mercy > steal > 2x stolen skill (running DA of course). Plus you get the recharge reduction, thus more cc over time x. Coupled with sw/p stuns of its own plus acro steal recharge it's a lot of steal spam > cc > boons from deadeye steals > initiative from Klepto. I didn't do the math but 3 ini from QP seems a net loss especially when you can steal while running away from 1500.

As to insurance policies, as a matter of preference RfI never leaves my bar for all the reasons you describe and more. It's like AFLAC for thieves.

At PoF I was super excited about Severance and ran it on Weaver, Spellbreaker, and Thief and wasn't all that impressed with it's up time to be honest. I think the TR build puts an awfully heavy reliance on it when you could cut some boon duration to emphasize power stats and use a more static benefit sigil. I still think the boons you're benefitting from the most are the sustain ones, math and testing would have to flesh out the tilting point for the offensive ones versus static stats. All just feedback though, I certainly like your approach. :)

@Tinnel.4369 said:

You can control the timing of the second. I don't think the suggestion was that you'd spam them back to back and get two interrupts. However, closely following with the second maximizes the chance you'll catch them trying to counter offensively or defensively and get an interrupt. It also exhausts stun breaks and I'm pretty sure you can deliver the stun initiative free from 1500 with the stolen skill. In my rifle build it's pretty effective with Mercy at locking down a target and putting a dent in their health without even spending initiative: Steal > 2x stolen skill > Mercy > steal > 2x stolen skill (running DA of course). Plus you get the recharge reduction, thus more cc over time x. Coupled with sw/p stuns of its own plus acro steal recharge it's a lot of steal spam > cc > boons from deadeye steals > initiative from Klepto. I didn't do the math but 3 ini from QP seems a net loss especially when you can steal while running away from 1500.

As to insurance policies, as a matter of preference RfI never leaves my bar for all the reasons you describe and more. It's like AFLAC for thieves.

If you are in a weapon set with no intrinsic interrupts that you migth be better served with SOH. Given I am iusing s/p mainly with p/p as the ranged backup, I have all the interrupts I need. Even when I drop the TR line and take CS I am NOT lacking interrupts. I am lacking INI.

@Tinnel.4369 said:At PoF I was super excited about Severance and ran it on Weaver, Spellbreaker, and Thief and wasn't all that impressed with it's up time to be honest. I think the TR build puts an awfully heavy reliance on it when you could cut some boon duration to emphasize power stats and use a more static benefit sigil. I still think the boons you're benefitting from the most are the sustain ones, math and testing would have to flesh out the tilting point for the offensive ones versus static stats. All just feedback though, I certainly like your approach. :)

I am not set on severance, I need to play with it more. In s/p I recognize the single biggest hitter is the PW attack. This has a built in interrupt so the odds are very good severance fires. Now the thing about severance as compared to say AIR is there a guaranteed kick in on interrupt which means of course during the PW chain it usually fires. This gives 250 added precision and 250 added ferocity meaning I am getting 100 percent crit rate with higher crit damage. With the quickness running I am much more likely to get the full chain off.

Now how this compares to force overall , I am not yet certain. Draining might also do more overall damage or I can consider a draining/severance combo in the s/p set and bounty and force in the p/p set. this means FORCE always working when I use the big hitter in p/p and draining/severance combo always kicking in when i use the big hitter in the s/p combo.

That the theory at least :)

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:At PoF I was super excited about Severance and ran it on Weaver, Spellbreaker, and Thief and wasn't all that impressed with it's up time to be honest. I think the TR build puts an awfully heavy reliance on it when you could cut some boon duration to emphasize power stats and use a more static benefit sigil. I still think the boons you're benefitting from the most are the sustain ones, math and testing would have to flesh out the tilting point for the offensive ones versus static stats. All just feedback though, I certainly like your approach. :)

I am not set on severance, I need to play with it more. In s/p I recognize the single biggest hitter is the PW attack. This has a built in interrupt so the odds are very good severance fires. Now the thing about severance as compared to say AIR is there a guaranteed kick in on interrupt which means of course during the PW chain it usually fires. This gives 250 added precision and 250 added ferocity meaning I am getting 100 percent crit rate with higher crit damage. With the quickness running I am much more likely to get the full chain off.

Now how this compares to force overall , I am not yet certain. Draining might also do more overall damage or I can consider a draining/severance combo in the s/p set and bounty and force in the p/p set. this means FORCE always working when I use the big hitter in p/p and draining/severance combo always kicking in when i use the big hitter in the s/p combo.

That the theory at least :)

When I ran S/P daredevil I was a big fan of draining sigil, the extra damage and sustain is crazy good for that set. The other sigil was either rage or absorption, depending on what I was fighting (sustain eles in particular, the extra boon steal from absorption keeps protection off them reliably and makes them far easier to kill). Going full life steal also works well with S/P; vampirism runes, blood/draining sigils, Omnomberry Ghost (there's a dragon bash ice cream that's cheaper but I forget the name) can easily add 3k life steal to an engage, which on top of pistol whip, bound and PI procs (RIP S/P daredevil lol) is more damage than air/force sigils would have given and extra sustain is never a bad thing.

If you can keep quickness uptime so you can get severance and quickness reliably at the same time it's probably well worth it, but if you lack quickness uptime then rage might be better. Depends on your final build really.

Let us know how it turns out, I was always sceptical of deadeye S/P builds as to me daredevil was always better for the set, but that's probably not the case since the last patch.

@babazhook.6805 said:

As others have said, the stun is on the next hit, so you can mark for the daze, wait for an ability, then use the stolen skill to stun and interrupt again. Or, mark, then unload, the first hit will stun as long as it hits and pretty much guarantee the full unload hitting if you have quickness too. If you automatically use the stolen skill after marking you may not notice this so much tho, I suspect the issue is more muscle memory than anything.

Right at the moment when in a 1v1 , I am spending a bit too much time watching the UI to see how the skills interact and kick in and just how reliable they are. It sort of distracted fighting and I have to get over that hump. I have been running with heroes panel open and glancing it just to see what the numbers become when all the stuff I want kicks in. IE where does power spike to, how long does it sit there, same with precision, ferocity etc. Now I tried this in open world PVE but that just not reliable enough feedback as to how effective or not so effective it might be. It is a fun build and the PW is sweet when the quickness running which is more often then not.

As to adding sustain , when in the CS line having Severance will grant 250 ferocity which will make up for no Quarter loss if I decided to drop no quarter. Fury uptime is still high with perfectionist and unrelenting strikes (Icd from unrelenting is 10 seconds and allows 4 seconds fury, the boon duration extends duration to 7.5) This means I could in theory take IP for some nice heals on the PW but this would impact the Assassins fury might adds. I am going to experiment with twin fangs in that position for that reason and rely on the long lasting P/P might from unload. Another possibily is putting assassins reward in there in addition but I have never been a fan of that trait outside a small number of builds. If I throw SOM in as a heal THAT tri-combo (every hit a crit for IP, AW heal plus SOM heal) might be a heal machine. Wiath TR AND upper hand dropped , the INI loss might be just too much here If I took both AW and IP . The INI return on upper hand might be too low overall in any case with its increased ICD.

The SOM, IP, Assassins reward a fail. It heals great when you have INI but as soon as your INI shuts down your heals shut down and generally speaking about the time you are in need of a heal , you tend to be low on INI. So what you have is too much heal for a time wherein the extra wasted and then none when you suddenly need it.

The upper hand nerf makes that skill a little less usable given I tend to have high regen via PR and the nerf gives you two INI every ten seconds at best. I think I will change that to don't stop. This of course makes TR more needed. Quite frankly I am finding that given we need to rely on INI skills more for damage all round , TR becomes more imperative in a power build.

as this here is about boon heavy builds just want to share one thing to stack boons on DE that is nice to know to some.

if you mark a target without you having traited DA and no SoH / BA in trickery (therefor you being out of combat), then you can switch traits between M7 and X while keeping mark on one target to prestack alot of perfectionist procs.my onehit sniper could do that for instance to get easy 25 might from triple perfectionist. for a good DJ. and you can stack quite some protection etc even without boon duration..

(this way you can also get unvorgiving buff and switch to snipers cover wont remove the effect)

@MUDse.7623 said:as this here is about boon heavy builds just want to share one thing to stack boons on DE that is nice to know to some.

if you mark a target without you having traited DA and no SoH / BA in trickery (therefor you being out of combat), then you can switch traits between M7 and X while keeping mark on one target to prestack alot of perfectionist procs.my onehit sniper could do that for instance to get easy 25 might from triple perfectionist. for a good DJ. and you can stack quite some protection etc even without boon duration..

(this way you can also get unvorgiving buff and switch to snipers cover wont remove the effect)

I am not too clear what you mean here. Are you saying Uses Malificeint seven to mark and build perfectionist and not enter combat, then swap to TBQobK ?

@babazhook.6805 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:as this here is about boon heavy builds just want to share one thing to stack boons on DE that is nice to know to some.

I am not too clear what you mean here. Are you saying Uses Malificeint seven to mark and build perfectionist and not enter combat, then swap to TBQobK ?

i think its easier to show in pictures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNvyStk6tA

as you can see got plenty of time in between to you know keep stealth up or do what ever, just the boon stacking in the video so people dont get distracted.stay as much as possible in M7 as it speeds up malice gen.

against many targets that are abit thougher i need perfectionist might stacks to onehit with backstab or DJ, you can keep up malice all the time but with this i can actually strike anytime and with 25 might instead of 13, so pretty usefull for stealth camping but i thought might be usefull for prestacking protection on a boon oriented s/x DE build in some rare cases

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Can't say I'm a fan of the skill/trait swap boon stacking thing. Herald used to be able to do it too, was just as questionable then.

That said if this results in perfectionist getting a rework so it pulses those boons with an icd so you get it more than once per fight when 1v1, I'm for it.

i hope they rework it to pulse , then i wont need this anymore.tho i do think it is like any other kind of prestacking, like eles used to do 4-5 years ago in dungeons swaping weapons to blast more firefields or guilds swap in another weapon to prestack stealth at the beginning of a scrimm.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Can't say I'm a fan of the skill/trait swap boon stacking thing. Herald used to be able to do it too, was just as questionable then.

That said if this results in perfectionist getting a rework so it pulses those boons with an icd so you get it more than once per fight when 1v1, I'm for it.

i hope they rework it to pulse , then i wont need this anymore.tho i do think it is like any other kind of prestacking, like eles used to do 4-5 years ago in dungeons swaping weapons to blast more firefields or guilds swap in another weapon to prestack stealth at the beginning of a scrimm.

Ok an interesting trick to be sure and with the 80 percetn duration I have been able to build significant boon durations. It can be a bit distracting in combat though.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Ok an interesting trick to be sure and with the 80 percetn duration I have been able to build significant boon durations. It can be a bit distracting in combat though.

well i dont spamm it in combat XD. just lets say i mark one for 3 min because i can and then decide to snipe i can just switch out m7 and put it in again and will have few seconds later 20 stacks might. so i just switch when i decide to attack and run out of boons. or earlier i was inside t3 red gari of our opponents and there was a thief that i wanted to kill. i usually kill thieves with backstabonehit but he had double object aura in there and that could have been close. so i marked him and quickly switched when i got my 5th malice to have 20 stacks might for the backstab, ended with 20,4k so success - not sure without the extra 10 if it would have been enough.

for boon heavy build i just thought for instance you are in a tower and 3 people in front of it so you can stack some protection before you engage 1vs 3 etc.

@MUDse.7623 said:

well i dont spamm it in combat XD. just lets say i mark one for 3 min because i can and then decide to snipe i can just switch out m7 and put it in again and will have few seconds later 20 stacks might. so i just switch when i decide to attack and run out of boons. or earlier i was inside t3 red gari of our opponents and there was a thief that i wanted to kill. i usually kill thieves with backstabonehit but he had double object aura in there and that could have been close. so i marked him and quickly switched when i got my 5th malice to have 20 stacks might for the backstab, ended with 20,4k so success - not sure without the extra 10 if it would have been enough.

for boon heavy build i just thought for instance you are in a tower and 3 people in front of it so you can stack some protection before you engage 1vs 3 etc.

Yeah I tried it from an overlook at our Garri as an enemy below. That said this particular build gets might via P/P in a hurry but if I switched to Rifle with the s/p pairing it might work better. I do have a DE rifle spec not premised on boon duration and in that one I am more then alittle interested in Protection access. He takes CIS and 10 percent mitagation food along with scrappers runes and is hard to do any damage too while stealthed.

Archived