Necromancer Changes

Lahmia.2193

Necromancer

• Scourge (Profession): Fixed an issue that caused an obstruction error when there wasn't a line of sight to a target, but there was a line of sight to the shade. Enemies in range of the shade will now be struck if the shade is visible to the necromancer. Fixed an issue in which this skill could still hit downed enemies multiple times.
  • Garish Pillar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Desert Shroud: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Ghastly Breach: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Plague Signet: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Life Siphon: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Dark Pact: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal by 25% in PvP and WvW.
  • Well of Blood: Increased the base heal by 15% in PvP and WvW. Increased the healing per pulse by 75% in PvP and WvW.
  • Spectral Grasp: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Blood Is Power: Adjusted the might granted from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the amount of vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of the Locust: Increased damage by 28% in PvP and WvW. Increased the base healing per hit by 29% in PvP and WvW.
  • Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
  • Last Gasp: Increased the cooldown from 50 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.

Yeah...it's a start.

• Garish Pillar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Desert Shroud: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Ghastly Breach: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Plague Signet: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I love how they are still trying to address life siphon and dark pact without touching the real issue of the skills which is their cast time. These skills now feel like the necromancer's shatterstone.

throwing bones to the dog without really looking to see what that dog really needs. Dog needs water throws bone randomlyLuckly since I do not run scourge i dont feel effected by too much of this. if anything it was a bone here and there to necro all the other things except scourge. To be honest necro did not come out the wrost on this patch imo.

Lets see.

Buffs:Scourge (Profession): Fixed an issue that caused an obstruction error when there wasn't a line of sight to a target, but there was a line of sight to the shade. Enemies in range of the shade will now be struck if the shade is visible to the necromancer. Fixed an issue in which this skill could still hit downed enemies multiple times.

Well of Blood: Increased the base heal by 15% in PvP and WvW. Increased the healing per pulse by 75% in PvP and WvW.

Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the amount of vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.

Nerfs:Garish Pillar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.Desert Shroud: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Conclusion:

The Shade buf fix is a H U G E buff for WvW.The well buffs are nice because i play BM.Well of Suffering: has now 24s cd.Garish Pillar goes from 12s cd to 16s cd.Desert Shroud goes from 20s cd to 24s cd. (Same as WoS nice)

And thanks to the Sigil of Frenzy the cd nerfs are not as bad.

I just got buffed this patch.

Anet pls.

I play WvW hybrid reaper and Scourge nerfs/Plague Signet nerf are probably enough to tip the balance in my favor, they'll be able to send back far fewer conditions.

The Well of Blood change makes Blood/Spite Power Reaper somewhat enticing as the raw healing output of Well of Blood is nothing to be sniffed at. Well of Suffering is not worth considering though I don't believe.

Broad buffs to three signets might make a Signet Reaper or Signet Core bunker more interesting. The idea of Vampiric Signet and Signet of Undeath with Signets of Suffering keeping them active while in Death Shroud, while Unholy Sanctuary provides ticking healing, tickles me.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I love how they are still trying to address life siphon and dark pact without touching the real issue of the skills which is their cast time. These skills now feel like the necromancer's shatterstone.

They dont play the game. It is the only explanation. The issue with life siphon is the requirement to keep the enemy in front of you. The problem with dark pact is the cast time. The problem with signet of undeath is the cast time. Their cd changes prove they dont play their own game.

The following would be a good start in PvE;Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvESignet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvE. Increased the base heal by 25%Signet of the Locust: Increased damage by 28% in PvE. Increased the base healing per hit by 29%

It looks like Desert Shroud did not get its cooldown increased in PvP. With Vital Persistence, I see a 16 second cooldown. Removing it, I see a 20 second cooldown.

Garish Pillar is showing the increased cooldown, though.

EDIT: Foot in the Grave is still using the original cooldown. Equip Foot in the Grave, cooldown drops to 20 (16 with Vital Persistence).

@Lahmia.2193 said:Necromancer

• Scourge (Profession): Fixed an issue that caused an obstruction error when there wasn't a line of sight to a target, but there was a line of sight to the shade. Enemies in range of the shade will now be struck if the shade is visible to the necromancer. Fixed an issue in which this skill could still hit downed enemies multiple times.

Finally. But thats doesnt justify the nerfs, and it should have been the most natural thin in the world

Support got heavily nerfed with this change! Well noone should have played transfusion in wvw before, cause it sucks. Was it that strong in pvp?

Well. Traited its still 24 seconds cd. But thats still a huge nerf for power scourges and pure condi scourges and forces scozrges to play cele again -.-

Doesnt matter. Its okay to have the cd increased

Nice. The only real good condi transfer got nerfed. RIP roaming necro

Nice. Our only good stability skill got nerfed. 35seconds cd for 6seconds speed and 1 stack stability. And tbh. Noone took this because of the dmg/corrupt.

Useless buff. Casttime is way to long for a 3man revive in 180 radius.

• Life Siphon: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Noone plays dagger mainhand. Axe is just 100 times better. And for second set you are going for staff or gs.

• Dark Pact: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Noone plays dagger mainhand. Axe is just 100 times better. And for second set you are going for staff or gs.

• Signet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal by 25% in PvP and WvW.

Might still be useless. Maybe an option for crusader reapers.

• Well of Blood: Increased the base heal by 15% in PvP and WvW. Increased the healing per pulse by 75% in PvP and WvW.

Useless. Support builds got nerfed with increased cd on f4 and f5.

• Spectral Grasp: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Quite nice for roaming but can be outrun easily. Pretty nice buff.

• Blood Is Power: Adjusted the might granted from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Still useless. Only used in pve content. In pvp noone want to hurt himself to be able to do a tiny bit of dmg.

• Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the amount of vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.

Quite nice buff. But forces neceo to play celestial again. Especially with the f-skill changes.

• Signet of the Locust: Increased damage by 28% in PvP and WvW. Increased the base healing per hit by 29% in PvP and WvW.

Useless. Thats only for pve and for moving faster.

• Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.

Nobody uses deathmagic, so nobody cares.

• Last Gasp: Increased the cooldown from 50 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.

Nice, the only passive def trait we have got nerfed.

Basically this is a big middle finger to necros, nice back to being free kills and punching bags.I'm so glad i haven't been playing necro these days.I am really glad i play ele(pve) thief(pvp) long live the mesmer and guardians and thief overlords.

@Axl.8924 said:Basically this is a big middle finger to necros, nice back to being free kills and punching bags.I'm so glad i haven't been playing necro these days.I am really glad i play ele(pve) thief(pvp) long live the mesmer and guardians and thief overlords.

To be honest necro didnt come out as bad on this patch as it has in others. Necro never had many life saving traits which got nerfed this round aside from small increases on shade skills the rest were free bones thown into necro regardless of if they change much.

To be honest necro could have come out much much worse in this patch in this case not having alot of good passive tools saved us the trouble of being nerfed so hard.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Basically this is a big middle finger to necros, nice back to being free kills and punching bags.I'm so glad i haven't been playing necro these days.I am really glad i play ele(pve) thief(pvp) long live the mesmer and guardians and thief overlords.

To be honest necro didnt come out as bad on this patch as it has in others. Necro never had many life saving traits which got nerfed this round aside from small increases on shade skills the rest were free bones thown into necro regardless of if they change much.

To be honest necro could have come out much much worse in this patch in this case not having alot of good passive tools saved us the trouble of being nerfed so hard.

And people claim necro is a novice class, yet so many others rely heavily on passive procs. Funny stuff really.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

And people claim necro is a novice class, yet so many others rely heavily on passive procs. Funny stuff really.

People say necro takes no skill but i find it quite the opposite.Unlike other professions we do not have a lot of viable things disengageYou can use flesh wurm to teleport but thats gimmicky in itself.

Is necro hard to learn, i would say its not but most professions are not hard to learn at base play value.Unlike other professions our breakstuns and passives do not disengage us or let us ignorantly ignore punishing mistakes. That said not every build used passives to win.Its the mind game that makes necro a skillfull pvp profession imo.

Now in pve thats whole separate issue. Anet just does not make enough use of necros boon rip/convert tools in pve. The day they do that on a massive scale is the day that necros become more relevant in pve regardless of what their dps looks like. Just need to boon spam vets, elites, and champs in an unhealthy amount.

Ive been running reaper mostly sense PoF launched and the patch hardly effected me cause i didn't really use anything that got changed if anything reaper got some new tools to use.Blood is power is now instant 15% life force on a very low cd.Spectral grasp with the mastery almost puts it back to its old coodown with the power to grab up to 5 people now.Well of bloods healing is pretty nice now even with just the base healing power provided from Bloodmagic.

Archived