Patch notes are out.. Let the Saltstorm begin

Devilman.1532

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little sad about the Engi Minesweeper 33% nerf, but I get it.

I liked doing

• dodge back
  • line up my opponent so that they hit all the mines
  • swap to toolkit and use magnet to pull them through the mines

And that will not hit nearly as hard any more.. I thought it was a pretty fair combo - I give up a dodge and they get pulled by a cc with a really long tell. Ah well, I guess it stops dodge spammers, so that's something.

I'm interested to see whether stab-on-hit-only kills holosmith or if it's still playable in pvp.

Honestly not that bad... they didn't fix scourge but they made it so that the gameplay will be a little more thought out, so that is better imo. Engi didn't need to be done like that though. Thief and warr nerfs were fine, ele likely didn't see much but with the nerfs to druid, may take the cake for the home bunker/far fisher. Guardian got sadded, but that is fine because with the removal of the magi ammy they will need to play more hybrid anyway. Mesmer nerfs looked good to me but we will see in time if it was too much or not.

@nortask.8351 said:Honestly not that bad... they didn't fix scourge but they made it so that the gameplay will be a little more thought out, so that is better imo. Engi didn't need to be done like that though. Thief and warr nerfs were fine, ele likely didn't see much but with the nerfs to druid, may take the cake for the home bunker/far fisher. Guardian got sadded, but that is fine because with the removal of the magi ammy they will need to play more hybrid anyway. Mesmer nerfs looked good to me but we will see in time if it was too much or not. Passive play was only a small part of the problem

Nothing will change. Things will change when Anet addresses:

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter
  • Evade on skills
  • Astronomically high damage compared to a players health pool

@Aza.2105 said:

@nortask.8351 said:Honestly not that bad... they didn't fix scourge but they made it so that the gameplay will be a little more thought out, so that is better imo. Engi didn't need to be done like that though. Thief and warr nerfs were fine, ele likely didn't see much but with the nerfs to druid, may take the cake for the home bunker/far fisher. Guardian got sadded, but that is fine because with the removal of the magi ammy they will need to play more hybrid anyway. Mesmer nerfs looked good to me but we will see in time if it was too much or not. Passive play was only a small part of the problem

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter
  • Damage being done vs a players health pool

Aoe spam: that is literally this game in a nutshell.AI clutter: what like minion necro? mesmers are fine, that is what the class does.evade on skills: Agreed with for the most partAstronomically high damage: That is being addressed to some extent in today's (march 27) update

@nortask.8351 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter

Aoe spam: that is literally this game in a nutshell.AI clutter: what like minion necro? mesmers are fine, that is what the class does.evade on skills: Agreed with for the most partAstronomically high damage: That is being addressed to some extent in today's (march 27) update

They will need a pvp/wvw skill round 2 and 3. Everything needs to be dialed back.

@Aza.2105 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter

They will need a pvp/wvw skill round 2 and 3. Everything needs to be dialed back.

Oh yea I agree to that, but seeing actual steps being taken towards a good balance is exciting!

@Aza.2105 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter

Anet agrees with you...

"...as I've said before, we know we still have a lot more balance work to do. We always will. Balance is a moving target. And not everything can be fixed with a few numbers tweaks." -- Ben Phongluangtham

@nortask.8351 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

• Aoe spam
  • AI Clutter

Oh yea I agree to that, but seeing actual steps being taken towards a good balance is exciting!

Yeah I guess so.

@"pah.4931" said:Anet agrees with you...

"...as I've said before, we know we still have a lot more balance work to do. We always will. Balance is a moving target. And not everything can be fixed with a few numbers tweaks." -- Ben Phongluangtham

This is good to know and I hope its not done in yearly intervals.

@"nortask.8351" said:Honestly not that bad... they didn't fix scourge but they made it so that the gameplay will be a little more thought out, so that is better imo. Engi didn't need to be done like that though. Thief and warr nerfs were fine, ele likely didn't see much but with the nerfs to druid, may take the cake for the home bunker/far fisher. Guardian got sadded, but that is fine because with the removal of the magi ammy they will need to play more hybrid anyway. Mesmer nerfs looked good to me but we will see in time if it was too much or not.

what mesmer nerf? the small increase to cooldown/fixing some of the bugs they had making them play better? I'm confused noting really gonna change besides them still being OP overall, matter fact with the nerfs given it's a fact we're gonna see ALOT of mesmer "main" come to rank and believe the class is still "balance".

GG, Well Done anet Adaptive armor still bugged for over 3 months, holos over all DPS is cut down fairly well and scrappers are still joke.

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:"Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only."

I am curious to see the metrics on how many people actually use this trait in sPvP and which rating brackets it is most seen in....this seems like a very strange and pointless change.

It wasn't likely done due to frequency of use but because it followed the passive defense design they were trying to universally cut back. It was about trait design, not because it was competitive.

As much as I disagree with some changes, overall I think that the patch was a very healthy one for PvP and WvW. I would have liked to see the passive trait CD increases go to WvW as well (would desperately help people realize that offensive power needs to be toned way tf down as well), but at least this is a start.

Patch is actually pretty good.1) Trash can teams who facerolled with fb+scourge comps are even bigger trash cans now2) Druids and spellbreaker nerfed where my dog could have survived with3) Holosmith nerfed where noobs seemed decent with allthough they didn't even keybind dodgeroll4) S/D thief that was too powerfull got slight nerfs

Just mesmer will be over the top now and unfortunately it's also pretty easy to reroll to it since most of the current mesmer meta builds are pure faceroll.Whatever, still better than those wannabe teams who tryhard with fb+scourge sitting in discord.

@Crinn.7864 said:I'm salty that they reduced the cooldown of all the transform elite skills (tornado, rampage, engipage) but didn't touch Lich Form.

I think it's because lich does a very large amount of damage just using autos. Then again, I can also see where juggernaut form for engi and warrior can pull off pretty high numbers as well.

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:"Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only."

I am curious to see the metrics on how many people actually use this trait in sPvP and which rating brackets it is most seen in....this seems like a very strange and pointless change.

Apparently nerfing this was more important than nerfing the spinal shivers trait. Very strange. They must not use metrics at all. Nobody ran repears prot. It was bad. I honestly have no words.

@Allarius.5670 said:

It wasn't likely done due to frequency of use but because it followed the passive defense design they were trying to universally cut back. It was about trait design, not because it was competitive.

There are at least 30 other traits that are passives AND BETTER and were not nerfed. On necro alone? Chill of death for example. Explain nerfing repears prot and not that. Makes zero sense.

They don't play their own game at any level that gives them an understanding of how to balance. They don't know how skills even work to be honest in most cases. It's really the only explanation for the last 3+ years. Well that and watching them die to practice bots in the Mists lol

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:

There are at least 30 other traits that are passives AND BETTER and were not nerfed. On necro alone? Chill of death for example. Explain nerfing repears prot and not that. Makes zero sense.

The patch was about nerfing passive defensives. Chill of Death has absolutely zero defensive value. It's a offensive proc not a defensive one.

Archived