Please undo the change to Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier

The 32 slot bag that was the reward for that 3 step Lasting Bonds collection after finishing the LWS4E2 story ... you removed the "invisible" function that was on the bag and now all of my "protected items" are sellable and compactable. Apparently you never intended the bag to have this function, but I say to you that removing this function dramatically decreases the appeal of the collection, achievement and my satisfaction with the reward.

Please revert this change.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no chance that ANet can "win" in this scenario:

• Fix the bug, and people who wanted a large invisible bag are disappointed.
  • Fail to fix the bug, and people who hate invisible bags are disappointed.

There's an even smaller chance that ANet is going to change their mind on this. Can you imagine:"we fixed a bug that caused the bag to act as invisible" followed by "after feedback from a different vocal minority, we reverted the fix"which could lead to "after feedback from another vocal minority, we reverted the reversion."

At some point, ANet just has to say, "this is the way it is, sorry to those who preferred something else."

Part of the problem is they should have just left it as it was. Nobody was upset with the functionality when they received the bag (waiting for that one person to try to contradict this statement ...).

Someone seriously overlooked the consequences of this change.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:The 32 slot bag that was the reward for that 3 step Lasting Bonds collection after finishing the LWS4E2 story ... you removed the "invisible" function that was on the bag and now all of my "protected items" are sellable and compactable. Apparently you never intended the bag to have this function, but I say to you that removing this function dramatically decreases the appeal of the collection, achievement and my satisfaction with the reward.

The item description never stated that the bag works as an invisible bag. How can the appeal of this item and the collection decrease, when you didn't knew about this bugged functionality, beforehand?

@Adzekul.3104 said:Part of the problem is they should have just left it as it was. Nobody was upset with the functionality when they received the bag (waiting for that one person to try to contradict this statement ...).

A lot of people complained about the invisible function of the bag, and Anet stated both here and on the reddit that it was unintended.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Part of the problem is they should have just left it as it was. Nobody was upset with the functionality when they received the bag (waiting for that one person to try to contradict this statement ...).

The forums were full of complaints about the invisibility. It's not "one person." (Just as it's not "one person" who prefers the invisibility.)

I'm agnostic on the topic. I don't care what ANet does as long as I don't have to keep guessing, so I prefer for them to make one decision about it and stick with it (which is what they appeared to have done).

@Sindariel.2354 said:

@"Adzekul.3104" said:The 32 slot bag that was the reward for that 3 step Lasting Bonds collection after finishing the LWS4E2 story ... you removed the "invisible" function that was on the bag and now all of my "protected items" are sellable and compactable. Apparently you never intended the bag to have this function, but I say to you that removing this function dramatically decreases the appeal of the collection, achievement and my satisfaction with the reward.

The item description never stated that the bag works as an invisible bag. How can the appeal of this item and the collection decrease, when you didn't knew about this bugged functionality, beforehand?

Honestly, I see many tooltip errors. I expect them.

@Adzekul.3104 said:Part of the problem is they should have just left it as it was. Nobody was upset with the functionality when they received the bag (waiting for that one person to try to contradict this statement ...).

I want it as it is now. I had it in storage before, because I had no use for it.

Making it work as the hover text says it works is the only right way to deal with this.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I preferred invisible version better. Healthy solution would be giving us a vendor or MF recipe to change now fixed bag into old version.

Invisible bag was better. If they can't make it selectable, I like your suggestion.

Here's another idea: allow bags to be changed between types by using a transmutation charge. That would finally give me a use for them.

There went plenty of people upset that it was invisible and alot that liked it was invisible.They should just put in a vendor were u can change it one time for what ever you would like invisible or not.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:The 32 slot bag that was the reward for that 3 step Lasting Bonds collection after finishing the LWS4E2 story ... you removed the "invisible" function that was on the bag and now all of my "protected items" are sellable and compactable. Apparently you never intended the bag to have this function

Exactly. :+1: If you want something that won't move its contents when sorted, get the respective bag. No need to screw this one up for others.

but I say to you that removing this function dramatically decreases the appeal of the collection

Not to me. I say, "Fixed at last!" <3 <3 <3

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Or like put a vendor that accepts the bag for an invisible version.

This. And yes, it's now bugged. You cannot compact anything in it. I've gone back to using it as an 'invisible' bag for the time being.

Since when can you compact anything in a specialty bag? I use the oiled ones (for example) because I can sell stuff from them, but they don't move around.

Archived