Engineer patch notes

bambi.6214

• Cleansing Synergy: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working underwater.
  • Function Gyro: Fixed a bug that prevented a player from activating this skill to finish enemies if they'd previously finished a foe by activating both their finisher and the Function Gyro. Fixed a bug that could retain Function Gyro after unequipping the Scrapper specialization.
  • Perfectly Weighted: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from increasing the damage of the hammer autoattack chain.
  • Reactive Lenses: Fixed a bug that allowed this trait to trigger its cooldown while players had stability and a disabling control effect was incoming.
  • Net Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to fire this skill at targets behind them.
  • Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: The stability portion of this trait will now be applied only upon successful hits of Corona Burst.
  • Light Strike: Reduced damage by 40% in PvP only.
  • Holo Leap: Reduced damage by 17% in PvP only.
  • Corona Burst: Reduced the might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
  • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced damage by 22% in PvP only.
  • Spectrum Shield: Increased the shield duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Poison Dart Volley: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Glue Shot: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Mortar Shot: Increased damage by 25% in PvP and WvW.
  • Poison Gas Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Endothermic Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Flash Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Box of Nails: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Magnet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Throw Mine: Increased the damage by 11% in PvP and WvW.
  • Static Shock (A.E.D.): Increased the stun duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Elixir X: Reduced the duration of Tornado and Rampage transforms from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 105 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Detection Pulse: Increased the radius from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.
  • Aim-Assisted Rocket: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Minesweeper: Reduced damage of each mine by 33% in PvP and WvW.
  • Vent Exhaust: Reduced damage by 32% in PvP and WvW.
  • Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only.
  • Self-Regulating Defenses: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
  • Reactive Lenses: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.

Ahhh juicy bug fixes.

Why am I only reading in these shitnotes for engi: reduced damage increased cooldown (mortar is useless in spvp, I dont care about it!)

And on other classes like ele or guard or w/e: increased damage reduced cooldown

SERIOUSLY ! ? Enough crying kids complained again because they got outplayed by a skilled engi who knows how to play piano on his keyboard ?I cannot believe it, every patch they crap into the engi corner, always the same. Not a single Patch they are capable of putting out that ACTUALLY ADDRESS THE BUGS that we drag along for months now.

I give up, they don't know what they are doing.

What are you talking about? The only increased cooldown is Spectrum Sheild (and they increased the duration proportionately).

You mean the skillless passive traits? 'cause those ought to have just been deleted (Protection Injection, SRD, Reactive Lenses). Increased cooldown is the least they could have done.

Yeah, the damage reduction sucks, but that happened to all classes afaict (except ranger?), so it's a wash. The biggest change IMO will be the stability-on-hit for holo. It's going to be much harder to play now, and I'm not sure the risk-reward ratio is still in its favour. Can't wait to test it.

Pistol/condi/base engi changes were laughable. That's not nearly enough to make it anywhere close to viable.

I present to you the new engi meta

i call this the Honeybadger build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpidpCuoC0ehlJjieur7+OsfSmxS8ZGvAA-jJhRABNXGY8LAAA7PI+DAAA

change runes to Pack ones for dps variantother alternative runes: Lyssa,Leadershipso why 3 gyros ?

stab spam, good condi cleanse , CC+ stunbreak on blast gyro

blast gyro is meant to be used at melee range , the reason for this is that the gyro will Knockdown enemies if you insta detonate it so if you mash the key you can get the gyro to cause the detonation on you rather that have the gyro even spawn at times

mortar is to be used when engaging multiple targets mainly or to reduce pressure via chill blind and heal before swapping it out .

Save the heal gyro toolbelt for condi cleanse , water field leap/blast aint needed as urgently as you ll be constantly regenerating

@Samug.6512 said:

• Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: The stability portion of this trait will now be applied only upon successful hits of Corona Burst.Only 1 stack regardless how many targets struck. Is this a bug?

What I understand it should give 1 stack at the 1st hit and 1 stack and the 2nd hit.

From what i've read on the skill itself in game, it's supposed to give 2 stacks of stability on hit. Not sure though if it's supposed to effectively apply more stacks per enemy struck. I'd have to test this out and find out from the devs.

Archived