Aura slicer 8 sec cooldown does not synergy with fast hands, revert it or fix it.

Hitman.5829

What is Anet thinking by changing aura slicer from 6 sec to 8 sec? Every single warrior weapon synergy with the fast hand trait EXCEPT DAGGER!

• The Strength Trait set 100 blades in a 6.5 sec cooldown (Greatsword mastery and hammer mastery 20% cooldown reduction on these weapons)
  • The Arms Trait sets savage leap in a 6.5 sec cooldown (Sword mastery, 20% cooldown reduction on this weapon)
  • The discipline trait sets Aimed Shot in a 6.5 sec cooldown (Rifle mastery and Axe mastery, 20% cooldown reduction on these weapons)
  • The Defense trait (Mace mastery and shield mastery, 20% cooldown reduction on these weapons)
  • The tactics trait (Longbow mastery, 20% cooldown reduction on this weapon)
  • The Berserker trait (Torch mastery, 20% cooldown reduction on this weapon)

Isn't spellbreaker supposed to be a dagger mastery trait? If so, why is dagger being nerfed to 8 sec cooldown? If just does not make any sense. The dagger DOES NOT SYNERGY with fast hands. You have 2 option to deal with this:

1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make Sun and Moon Style the mastery trait for dagger that gives a 20% cooldown reduction on daggers.

The developers have no idea what they are doing. It is a shame that a warrior player has to point out the obvious and tell them how their game works.Fellow warriors, don't let this slide.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Hitman.5829" said:You have 2 option to deal with this:3 options1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make Sun and Moon Style the mastery trait for dagger that gives a 20% cooldown reduction on daggers.

ORYou deal with it and continue on playing as usualthey have yet to fully revert any changes they have ever pushed to release i wouldnt count on this one.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:You have 2 option to deal with this:3 options1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make
the mastery trait for dagger that gives a 20% cooldown reduction on daggers.

ORYou deal with it and continue on playing as usualthey have yet to fully revert any changes they have ever pushed to release i wouldnt count on this one.

Why would anyone accept a non justified nerf to something that does not need nerf?

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:You have 2 option to deal with this:3 options1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make

Why would anyone accept a non justified nerf to something that does not need nerf?

Necros been asking that question for a long time man. So have Revs and Engi's and even some Ele's

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:You have 2 option to deal with this:3 options1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make

Necros been asking that question for a long time man. So have Revs and Engi's and even some Ele's

Ok if you want to talk about necros or other classes i suggest you go to the other forums this is the warrior forum and we discuss only things that concern warrior.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Ok if you want to talk about necros or other classes i suggest you go to the other forums this is the warrior forum and we discuss only things that concern warrior.

You asked why I told you why XD

@Hitman.5829 said:

@nicknamenick.2437 said:What a kitten topic...

There are tons of skills that have 8 sec or higher cooldowns (on skill #2 and #3)So all those skills should be lowered because of Fast hands?

lol

Edit: ow and btw.. even with 8 sec you can still use it every swap...(10sec for swapping back to dagger so yeah, this topic is stupid)

You are a noob that has no idea how a warrior should be played. You don't even know what synergy with fast hands is.What's the point of fast hands smart boy?

I would suggest adopting less hostile tones when trying to argue your cases, as that's more likely to convert others to one's opinion. Also, it's less likely to be infracted.

On topic, why does Aura Slicer need to have a 6s CD, and how does an 8s CD not synergize with Fast Hands where a 6s CD does?

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

@nicknamenick.2437 said:What a kitten topic...

There are tons of skills that have 8 sec or higher cooldowns (on skill #2 and #3)So all those skills should be lowered because of Fast hands?

lol

Edit: ow and btw.. even with 8 sec you can still use it every swap...(10sec for swapping back to dagger so yeah, this topic is stupid)

You are a noob that has no idea how a warrior should be played. You don't even know what synergy with fast hands is.What's the point of fast hands smart boy?

I would suggest adopting less hostile tones when trying to argue your cases, as that's more likely to convert others to one's opinion. Also, it's less likely to be infracted.

On topic, why does Aura Slicer
need
to have a 6s CD, and how does an 8s CD not synergize with Fast Hands where a 6s CD does?

A 6 sec cooldown synergies with fast hands because fast hands reduces weapon swapping to 5 seconds. All the warrior weapon mastery traits are focused on a 20% cooldown reduction. Spellbreaker is the only trait that DOES NOT have a 20% cooldown reduction on the respective weapon because a 6 second cooldown on aura slicer implies a mastery on dagger.

Right now, aura slicer is 8 sec cooldown and there is no way to synergise with Fast hands. For that reason, I said that anet needs to:1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make Sun and Moon Style the mastery trait for dagger that gives a 20% cooldown reduction on daggers.

@Hitman.5829 said:

A 6 sec cooldown synergies with fast hands because fast hands reduces weapon swapping to 5 seconds. All the warrior weapon mastery traits are focused on a 20% cooldown reduction. Spellbreaker is the only trait that DOES NOT have a 20% cooldown reduction on the respective weapon because a 6 second cooldown on aura slicer implies a mastery on dagger.

Right now, aura slicer is 8 sec cooldown and there is no way to synergise with Fast hands. For that reason, I said that anet needs to:1.- Revert the Aura slicer cooldown to 6 secOR2.- Make Sun and Moon Style the mastery trait for dagger that gives a 20% cooldown reduction on daggers.

While I would not say no to being able to reduce Wastrel's Ruin's and Bladestorm's CDs by 20%, I see no compelling reason why ANet must implement either of your suggestions.

Hmm... I seem to be falling into the trap of thinking 'Why?' instead of 'Why not?' Bah, humbug.

Let me rephrase the question: Is the problem that the Dagger trait doesn't have a 20% CD reduction, or that Aura Slicer itself was given a 2s CD increase? If it's the latter, why is that a problem?

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

While I would not say no to being able to reduce Wastrel's Ruin's and Bladestorm's CDs by 20%, I see no compelling reason why ANet must implement either of your suggestions.

Hmm... I seem to be falling into the trap of thinking 'Why?' instead of 'Why not?' Bah, humbug.

Let me rephrase the question: Is the problem that the Dagger trait doesn't have a 20% CD reduction, or that
Aura Slicer
itself was given a 2s CD increase? If it's the latter, why is that a problem?

how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

Do you get it now or do you want me to repeat it again?

@"Hitman.5829" said:how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

Why should it synergise with fast hand? Should every single skills synergise with this trait? Is this skill somewhat special and related in any way to fast hand?

Warriors often complain about their heavy reliance on fast hand, asking anet to make it baseline. What if anet's answer to this complain is to increase CD that used to "synergise" with fast hand in order to reduce warrior's reliance on this trait instead of making it baseline?

If a good synergy make a trait mandatory and thus reduce build diversity, isn't it a good thing to reduce the synergy so that the trait isn't mandaory anymore?

Crybaby, maybe its time to actually learn to play balanced class? Spellbreaker was pretty broken pre-patch. The nerfs were pretty good and the builds are less dependant on defense line now or atleast traits like Defy Pain and Last Stand, basicly you just pick it for adrenal healing . Everytime spellbreaker gets even a slight nerf there is cry post from you, just accept it dude, look at revenant and core engi/scrapper treatment before patch maybe you won't cry that much anymore.

Overall i think patch was good, they killing powercreep and passive play. Spellbreaker, for example, could win any duel and such class like core guard was always in its shadow so it seems fair to me. Its mayyybe a lil bit overnerfed but i can live with that.

So i think your cry post is just l2p issue, even the fact that u so dependant on Fast Hands shows that its l2p issue, I play strenght line sb since PoF Beta and make it easy to Legendary division so what im saying is that there is other traits beside fast hands u know..

@bLind.6278 said:Dagger is dead, especially in PvP. Poor design is a way of life for Anet.

you could see that from a mile away, dagger is absolutely useless, it just does not deal dmg anymore and has so little utility it is not worth using.I dropped dagger for axe in wvw for at least 2 weeks now because anet posted the patchnotes beforehand, and while it cripples your mobility it is still playable.

I even started to play mesmer, because i seriously can't take the amount a opness they got anymore. Well i'll just wait what the best fotm build in wvw will be with this patch and gonna start playing that. soulbest looks tasty :) aswell as mesmer or maybe even deadeye, i will wait and see but warrior days for me are probably over.

On topic: Aura slicer nerf was unjustified, seeing that it deals low dmg and has low utility and range, i could see the nerf in pvp because classes like holo also got the nerf hammer in pvp, but holo and and most other classes were not even touched in wvw while warrior with dagger was gutted.

It is too much and i would really like to play core warrior again, because there is nothing left of spellbreaker except for fullcounter and you need that because otherwise you got only 4 seconds of stab every 40 seconds if you want to have condi cleanse. that stance nerf was so ridiculous and all it did was destroy core warrior and made it mandatory to play spellbreaker. Berserker is dead anyway, its simply time to switch class.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

Why should it synergise with fast hand? Should every single skills synergise with this trait? Is this skill somewhat special and related in any way to fast hand?

Warriors often complain about their heavy reliance on
fast hand
, asking anet to make it baseline. What if anet's answer to this complain is to increase CD that used to "synergise" with
fast hand
in order to reduce warrior's reliance on this trait instead of making it baseline?

If a good synergy make a trait mandatory and thus reduce build diversity, isn't it a good thing to reduce the synergy so that the trait isn't mandaory anymore?

OMG, Please refer to the fast hands trait so that your question can be answered. I have already tried to explain them logically but you fail to see the reason for Fast Hands existence. I am not going to waste my precious time trying to explain how #2 skills synergise with fast hands. This conversation is over!

@Ferus.3165 said:

@bLind.6278 said:Dagger is dead, especially in PvP. Poor design is a way of life for Anet.

you could see that from a mile away, dagger is absolutely useless, it just does not deal dmg anymore and has so little utility it is not worth using.I dropped dagger for axe in wvw for at least 2 weeks now because anet posted the patchnotes beforehand, and while it cripples your mobility it is still playable.

I even started to play mesmer, because i seriously can't take the amount a opness they got anymore. Well i'll just wait what the best fotm build in wvw will be with this patch and gonna start playing that. soulbest looks tasty :) aswell as mesmer or maybe even deadeye, i will wait and see but warrior days for me are probably over.

On topic: Aura slicer nerf was unjustified, seeing that it deals low dmg and has low utility and range, i could see the nerf in pvp because classes like holo also got the nerf hammer in pvp, but holo and and most other classes were not even touched in wvw while warrior with dagger was gutted.

It is too much and i would really like to play core warrior again, because there is nothing left of spellbreaker except for fullcounter and you need that because otherwise you got only 4 seconds of stab every 40 seconds if you want to have condi cleanse. that stance nerf was so ridiculous and all it did was destroy core warrior and made it mandatory to play spellbreaker. Berserker is dead anyway, its simply time to switch class.

core warri is better than sb, hands down, way more burst dmg with alot more dodge rolls to compensate for no full counterid rather habe a reliable condi cleanse to effectively fight condi cancer, cleansing ire feels just do bad when you are blinded all day or they just dodge every of those telegraphed as hell burst skills, losing all your build up adrenalin and not losing a single condition

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

fast hand
, asking anet to make it baseline. What if anet's answer to this complain is to increase CD that used to "synergise" with
fast hand
in order to reduce warrior's reliance on this trait instead of making it baseline?

...I have already tried to explain them logically...

All of your posts here have been void of logic. You try (poorly) to connect the dots between Fast Hands and Warrior Weapon Traits all giving 20% cooldown reduction. Guess what, kiddo? Almost all weapon skill traits for all professions provide a 20% cooldown reduction. Should all of the other professions now have a Fast Hands trait as well?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword#Related_traitshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sword#Related_traitshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axe#Related_traitsetc...

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

fast hand
fast hand

OMG, Please refer to the fast hands trait so that your question can be answered. I have already tried to explain them logically but you fail to see the reason for Fast Hands existence. I am not going to waste my precious time trying to explain how #2 skills synergise with fast hands. This conversation is over!

Nope, hitman, you never explaianed logically anything. The only thing that readers see in your comment is that you want a cool down that synergize with fast hand. Nothing more, nothing less.

The same way that elementalists feel tied to the water traitline, you feel tied to the discipline traitline due to a single trait and want everything to be balanced so that it synergise with that single trait.

I know very well how it synergize with fast hand, I don't need you to explain how and none of my questions asked you that. What I need to know is why it should synergize and the reason for fast hand existence is not an answer to this question. No trait should be mandatory in any way.

Like I said, if anet want warrior to feel like fast hand is not a mandatory trait and give them a bit of a breather to look around for other traitlines, on way to do it is to reduce the synergy of fast hand with some skills.

@"Turk.5460" said:All of your posts here have been void of logic. You try (poorly) to connect the dots between Fast Hands and Warrior Weapon Traits all giving 20% cooldown reduction. Guess what, kiddo? Almost all weapon skill traits for all professions provide a 20% cooldown reduction. Should all of the other professions now have a Fast Hands trait as well?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword#Related_traitshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sword#Related_traitshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axe#Related_traitsetc...

I'm pretty sure that all professions would gladly accept.

@RedShark.9548 said:

core warri is better than sb, hands down, way more burst dmg with alot more dodge rolls to compensate for no full counterid rather habe a reliable condi cleanse to effectively fight condi cancer, cleansing ire feels just do bad when you are blinded all day or they just dodge every of those telegraphed as hell burst skills, losing all your build up adrenalin and not losing a single condition

blind and enemies avoiding your burst skills is not even the only downside to cleansing ire... you would have to give up last stand and thus your active pulsing stab lasts only 4 sec with 40 sec cd, you'd get ragdolled to no end in wvw.

And core warri is not better than sb, maybe in pve where defense does not matter and dmg is everything (and even here golem dps is higher for sb than core), but core warri gets eaten alive by almost all other pof specs. only with double balanced stance and double endure pain vs a pure power build (like holo or soulbeast) would you have a chance and any condi user like scourge or mirage would demolish you in seconds. After the stance nerf core warri also loses to sb in a straight 1v1.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Let me rephrase the question: Is the problem that the Dagger trait doesn't have a 20% CD reduction, or that
Aura Slicer
itself was given a 2s CD increase? If it's the latter, why is that a problem?

how many times do I have to repeat myself?8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands8 sec does not synergise with fast hands

Repeat it all you want. All that does is make me less willing to listen to your argument.

Yes, I understand. In your opinion, Aura Slicer no longer synergizes with Fast Hands. You still haven't explained why that is a problem. As far as I can see, it is not a problem, therefore it requires no solution; and rabidly demanding an entity with with little direct obligation to you do exactly as you state is, as such, ineffective. Presenting your case in a logical manner, both concise and respectful, is more likely to gather positive feeback and garner ANet's attention.

However, since this seems to be degenerating past my point to no longer care, I will simply say: Good day.

Archived