Adjusted disabled area's for mounts and gilders

Jwake.7013

I truly never expected to see a change with this. This makes me really happy that someone(s) put the time in to improve the boundaries for the disabled area's, especially the core jumping puzzles. Done Morgan's Leap and Dreamdark Enclave, much better now. Being able to glide inside Dreamdark so if you fall you don't die and have to start from Morgan's leap again is really nice.

Not sure if your gonna continue with anymore but I know off the top of my head that King Jalis's Refuge jp can still be skipped with a mount still. The no gliding in there is good though for that pipe jumping.

Also just a quick thank you as well for the hero panel QoL stuff and the I believe the collision sensitivity how been touched on(?) as it hasn't been jumping from my way zoomed out to almost right inside me since I have the slider almost all the way over, which is really nice... hopefully during the teq fight it stops the auto zooms-in now(?).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really bother me either way, but I'm not really sure what the gain is from adding no mount / no glide zones in & around JPs, there are always mesmers around anyway (especially for daily ones), so if anyone really can't be bothered to do one then they'll still skip doing it anyway via a portal, so may as well just allow the mounts / gliders as it makes no difference.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Doesn't really bother me either way, but I'm not really sure what the gain is from adding no mount / no glide zones in & around JPs, there are always mesmers around anyway (especially for daily ones), so if anyone really can't be bothered to do one then they'll still skip doing it anyway via a portal, so may as well just allow the mounts / gliders as it makes no difference.

The mount zoning I'd just like consistency on them more then anything, I'm fine either way as it doesn't affect a players experience when doing jumping puzzles if your trying to attempt them legit. While gliding in a lot of places when doing a lot of jumping will open your glider if you tab the space bar for just a moment too long and make you miss a jump or even fall and have to restart the whole thing. Dreamdark was one of the only exceptions that it had one real technical jump at the end that if you missed it you died and would have to restart both jp's just to attempt it again, so I think enabling it there as a safety net was really nice.

@Batel.9206 said:Wait...so mounts were disabled for Morgan's Leap/Dreamdark Enclave, but gliding was enabled? Gliding had previously been disabled.

Glider still disabled for Morgan's leap, only in Dreamdark were they enabled.

@Jwake.7013 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Doesn't really bother me either way, but I'm not really sure what the gain is from adding no mount / no glide zones in & around JPs, there are always mesmers around anyway (especially for daily ones), so if anyone really can't be bothered to do one then they'll still skip doing it anyway via a portal, so may as well just allow the mounts / gliders as it makes no difference.

The mount zoning I'd just like consistency on them more then anything, I'm fine either way as it doesn't affect a players experience when doing jumping puzzles if your trying to attempt them legit. While gliding in a lot of places when doing a lot of jumping will open your glider if you tab the space bar for just a moment too long and make you miss a jump or even fall and have to restart the whole thing. Dreamdark was one of the only exceptions that it had one real technical jump at the end that if you missed it you died and would have to restart both jp's just to attempt it again, so I think enabling it there as a safety net was really nice.

@Batel.9206 said:Wait...so mounts were
disabled
for Morgan's Leap/Dreamdark Enclave, but gliding was
enabled
? Gliding had previously been disabled.

Glider still disabled for Morgan's leap, only in Dreamdark were they enabled.

Just a note for anyone having an issue with that Dreamdark Enclave mushroom jump at the top:

• In Dreamdark Enclave at the top with the tricky jump to that mushroom where you are likely to hit its edge and fall to your death, do not jump to the mushroom - instead, jump behind it to the right onto the branch holding the mushroom, and then from there onto the mushroom. This avoids the precision/luck required to make it directly onto the mushroom from the front.

Yes! This is a MASSIVE victory! The precursor market was completely crashed by people using mounts at these locations (oh wait, it wasn't).Says a lot about the "community" that people get so bent over a few silver. People do a Jumping Puzzle for their daily and automatically assume that every single jumping puzzle on the map is that crowded every day 24/7. If they'd go to the puzzles on off days, it's rare to see people running them at all, and there aren't these mythical hordes of people using mounts to get to the chests.
If your lives are so desolate that pushing a video game company to change their product so that only you and a select few can complete them in order for you to derive validation, you need professional help.Arenanet clearly didn't deem that these puzzles were so much of a problem, otherwise they would have had these zones in place when PoF launched, like they did for Skipping Stones, etc.These complaints are immature, petty, and amount to nothing more than veiled griefing/trolling.It reflects poorly on Anet that they listen to these people.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I think the limitation is the wrong approach. The rewards should be limited, not the movement ability. Just ad an evironment effect in jumping puzzles that tracks the use of mount and glider skills. This way you reward to do the real jumping puzzle, but do not limit the use of movement mechanics (just the reward).

Jumping puzzle rewards are already ridiculously small, especially given the difficulty of some of them as originally designed.

@tuck.2719 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I think the limitation is the wrong approach. The rewards should be limited, not the movement ability. Just ad an evironment effect in jumping puzzles that tracks the use of mount and glider skills. This way you reward to do the real jumping puzzle, but do not limit the use of movement mechanics (just the reward).

Jumping puzzle rewards are already ridiculously small, especially given the difficulty of some of them as originally designed.

True. So if movement skills are limited, do so on that minor reward, instead of limiting the freedom of movement.

Yeah I don't even care about the chest. Oooh, 4 piles of Dragonite and some masterwork armor!

If I'm trying to get to the end of a JP it's because it's a daily. Why is it even important how I get there? If we can't use our magic bunny™ we're just going to jump in a Mesmer portal anyway.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

Yeah I don't even care about the chest. Oooh, 4 piles of Dragonite and some masterwork armor!

If I'm trying to get to the end of a JP it's because it's a daily. Why is it even important? If we can't use our magic bunny™ we're just going to jump in a Mesmer portal anyway.

I know. All I’m saying is that if they want to limit us, do so in the reward (if they feel we need limitation) not our freedom to use mounts and gliders where we want,

@Etterwyn.5263 said:So, mounts (access to which we paid real $$ for) cheesing jumping puzzles is somehow important, but dismount attacks one-shotting mobs in low level zones and making daily events a clusterkitten hasn't even been acknowledged as a problem. kitten.

I don't think the dismount attacks are a problem in themselves. I've had a blast revisiting low-level zones. I've also noted that a number of players don't seem to use them when low-level players are around. It's a bit surprising that players seem to follow proper etiquette. The problem is when players starting griefing others. I think that this should be a reportable offense.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:So, mounts (access to which we paid real $$ for) cheesing jumping puzzles is somehow important, but dismount attacks one-shotting mobs in low level zones and making daily events a clusterkitten hasn't even been acknowledged as a problem. kitten.

Lower level zones have relatively low hp, you don't need a mount to one-shot mobs, at a low enough area basic attacks on some weapons/builds already one-shot or close to it with plenty of high damage attacks doing so too, some of which are also multi-target.

@MattDu.7123 said:It's just a question, I'm not trying to troll. There are usually 4 dailies to choose from, you only need to do 3 for the Bag of Spirit Shards and if you have access to mounts then you can get to all 4 dailies. Its been established by Etterwyn.5263 in his post that the rewards, not worth the effort and you dont want or like doing jump puzzles or feel the need to bypass it all with a mount or messmer, why do you do them ?

Because most jumping puzzles are as quick to get as vistas, provided it can be cheesed. If there are Mesmers parked there, then you take a portal. Yesterday's was the one with the orbs, so I skipped it. I've yet to see more people actually doing a daily JP than people standing and waiting for a portal (myself included).

@MattDu.7123 said:It's just a question, I'm not trying to troll. There are usually 4 dailies to choose from, you only need to do 3 for the Bag of Spirit Shards and if you have access to mounts then you can get to all 4 dailies. Its been established by Etterwyn.5263 in his post that the rewards, not worth the effort and you dont want or like doing jump puzzles or feel the need to bypass it all with a mount or messmer, why do you do them ?

On the rare occasion that they JP is easier to do than one of the other 3 options in PvE(if you're sticking to PvE only dailies). Personally for me there was one day it was easier to do the Vizier Tower JP than go hunting the Heart of Maguuma for...what ever it was, but that's only one example I can think of and that was for me personally, but I hope that at least gives you at least one reason.

I don't like using portals, even though I've skipped some of the JP's just because I personally find them not something I'm interested in doing.

Didn't realize people were that hurt over not being able to use mounts at jumping puzzles.... Most people are saying it's cause they wanna quick daily. Not sure I've ever seen a daily jp where there wasn't a mesmer group porting people though. Again, as far as mounts go, I just want consistency (which they seem to be doing here) so I don't mind it either way. I really don't see them taking anything away from 'us' the players though; this was in core Tyria not PoF and they already had done this for a lot of the jp's.

@Blude.6812 said:and to add insult to injury, they worked on another crucial aspect of the game, being able to sit in a chair. Sorry Anet but I am starting to believe there are some priorities that are truly are misplaced.

People have been asking to sit in chairs for years and so much so it was a pretty big meme for gw2. Don't be that guy plz, if it's not for you that's fine, but don't rain on others people parade.

@"Jwake.7013" said:Didn't realize people were that hurt over not being able to use mounts at jumping puzzles.... Most people are saying it's cause they wanna quick daily. Not sure I've ever seen a daily jp where there wasn't a mesmer group porting people though. Again, as far as mounts go, I just want consistency (which they seem to be doing here) so I don't mind it either way. I really don't see them taking anything away from 'us' the players though; this was in core Tyria not PoF and they already had done this for a lot of the jp's.

That's not the point. If someone wishes to do redo a puzzle from start to finish, who I am (or Anet) to complain or restrict that player? If another player wishes to use a mount and get it over for a quick daily, who I am to complain or restrict that player? The problem is ANET has listened to those that DON"T want others to use a mount in a JP (for what ever selfish/misguided reasons) to the exclusion of those that do. There are even members of the community that want to disable a mesmers ability to port in JP. Take away a key skill from a profession?????? Hopefully ANET won't cave to them as well.P.S. dont rain the on the people who want to use mounts parade--LOL

@"Blude.6812" said:That's not the point. If someone wishes to do redo a puzzle from start to finish, who I am (or Anet) to complain or restrict that player? If another player wishes to use a mount and get it over for a quick daily, who I am to complain or restrict that player? The problem is ANET has listened to those that DON"T want others to use a mount in a JP (for what ever selfish/misguided reasons) to the exclusion of those that do. There are even members of the community that want to disable a mesmers ability to port in JP. Take away a key skill from a profession?????? Hopefully ANET won't cave to them as well.P.S. dont rain the on the people who want to use mounts parade--LOL

I'll start by saying again, I am perfectly fine if they had made mounts usable in jp's. I was just pointing out they had already had a precedent established with the disabled zones and were just improving them and I was happy about that consistency. I do completely agree about the mesmer portal with you. Would be ridiculous to disable them in jp's or even yet rework the skill. That's a wonderful part of the community which I hope only thrives.

Archived