My damage?Bananas...

Nirvana.8659

So ok,half my hits with mortar get reflected...how much the other 50 % hits after patch?6k dmg on 1 1 1 1 1 1 ....lol....bananas , ppls explode :D . EDIT: 4-6k dmg , you can't always hit 6 k :D , most of the time u hit for 4k.Didn't expect this . And i'm sure developers didn't expect this too.

Core engineer , rune of strenght , sigil of battle , sigil of bloodlust , explosive (3-2-1)+ tools(2-3-2)+ alchemy (2-2-1) , might on kill food , and so many tears of joy watching this big numbers.

Enjoy till the nerf served us with a hotfix (tbh i hope it will stay like scrapper ....broken for months :D ).

@Rezzet.3614 said:seems fine to me

other professions been hitting for those said ammounts of damage for years already and our mortar flight time is stupid slow so its extra justified

Yep. Other long-ranged classes have been able to hit those numbers for a long time, without the ludicrous flight times. I think we found a sucker.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

other professions been hitting for those said ammounts of damage for years already and our mortar flight time is stupid slow so its extra justified

Yep. Other long-ranged classes have been able to hit those numbers for a long time, without the ludicrous flight times. I think we found a sucker.

are you denyingeles hit 4k+ auto 20k+ meteors with fire staffas well as hammer Revenant hitting 4k autos 8-12k shockwave and 5 skillas well as ranger auto, barrage and rapid fire ?also dragonhunter true shotdeadeyethief pistol unload

the only profession that was unable to hit for 4ks+ with direct damage at long range was necromancer and engi

@Rezzet.3614 said:

are you denyingeles hit 4k+ auto 20k+ meteors with fire staffas well as hammer Revenant hitting 4k autos 8-12k shockwave and 5 skillas well as ranger auto, barrage and rapid fire ?also dragonhunter true shotdeadeyethief pistol unload

the only profession that was unable to hit for 4ks+ with direct damage at long range was necromancer and engi

No, I'm not denying that.

I'm saying the OP is a sucker that fell for the mortar kit buffs, as though they were some gift, when they're just minimal buffs to appease people.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I'm saying the OP is a sucker that fell for the mortar kit buffs, as though they were some gift, when they're just minimal buffs to appease people.

ah fair enough

even then it takes some ridiculous effort to reach what is average damage for other professions , as OP mentioned they build their whole kit to mortar.

OP must be lucky as hell cuz i end up killing myself more often than not when using mortar and i dont even use bloodlust nor battle sigils nor berserk gear

lol projectile hate is real

but ye was just a 25% buff anything does high damage with max stacks

@Vagrant.7206 said:

You better read my my other post then.Also,in the end i also said we ,probably will be "hotfixed" (like it happend with mortar release) , cause we are not supposed to do that as class,and anet made it clear after 6 years.Oh to be fair we deal 4 to 6 k damage , while aside from the elementalist , no one else can deal aoe damage like this on auto attack from 1500 range .....even if with slow travel speed and stup arc.

And don't call peoples suckers....it's rude ,only a sucker would do that. ;-)

@Nirvana.8659 said:

You better read my my other post then.Also,in the end i also said we ,probably will be "hotfixed" (like it happend with mortar release) , cause we are not supposed to do that as class,and anet made it clear after 6 years.Oh to be fair we deal 4 to 6 k damage , while aside from the elementalist , no one else can deal aoe damage like this on auto attack from 1500 range .....even if with slow travel speed and stup arc.

Someone's Jimmies got rustled.In this case i believe the word "sucker" was used informally as a synonym to "gullible or easily deceived person".That being said, this change won't really give us a spot in wvw zerg meta, but hey at least it's a fun-ish tagging tool. Now if only they could change explosives grandmaster trait "orbital command" to include mortar projectile speed increase then we could actually build something more potent and fun.

@Deax.1572 said:

Someone's Jimmies got rustled.In this case i believe the word "sucker" was used informally as a synonym to "gullible or easily deceived person".That being said, this change won't really give us a spot in wvw zerg meta, but hey at least it's a fun-ish tagging tool. Now if only they could change explosives grandmaster trait "orbital command" to include mortar projectile speed increase then we could actually build something more potent and fun.

Of course i get rustled when someone refers to me as a "sucker" , even when is synonym of "gullible or easly deceived person" , cause who would like to be called "fool" ?The "sucker" of my reply means something else...just to make it clear.

Not having a spot in the zerg is a problem of every class aside from eles,necros,guardians and revenants .And this is like this since the beginning of WvW , when in place of revenants there were warriors.

I made a post where I was speaking about reflect/block boubles in WvW , and a way to balance them giving them a fixed ammount of damage they can block/reflect,and after that the bouble cannot block anymore projectiles.Not the best idea may be , but that would solve the projectile hate problem , and would make viable every other class in WvW too.Problem is someone told it would be unbalanced for necros,eles , guardians that use that skill to defend themself from us :D , so basically ,"no thanks , stay out of meta"

Despite the fact that half of our hits get reflceted,and that we cannot use mortar in any closed spots like lordrooms,corridors (be them tunnels,bridges,walls etc.) , in open field and rarely even in closed spots like the ones i just mentioned , we can still deliver our damage with mortar, because unlike some sucker pointed out for the case of eles,revenants etc. autoattacks , we don't need a target....we can select an area,fire the shot there while the enemy is approaching the spot and hopefully hit the enemy if there are no bobules going around (50% of the times approximately) and if you are not irrimediably dumb to be unable in positioning yourself as ranged class.But may be that's too hard for a sucker to understand/elaborate , i can give him that.

in the end , like you understood , it's a fun tool to tag peoples and occasionally put some ranged pressure....this is what i was referring to .

This has to be a placebo effect.

I actually tested the new Mortar Kit in WvW. With 3600 power and 25 stacks of might I was dealing 3-4k damage per shot. Now I'm dealing 1-2k.

The damage is bugged and is actually -25% in WvW instead of +25%. I submitted a bug report. Is anyone else getting low dmg on mortar?

Honestly, the damage is fine. You're going full glass to get that. A Soulbeast going full glass would be autoattacking you for 7-8k per hit MUCH faster from the same range. They could also do a quickness-unblockable-rapid-fire and nuke you for 40k damage at 1500 range before your mortar projectile reaches them.

The real question now IMO is .. what are grenades' purpose? They don't do more damage. They don't leave combo fields. They're way harder to land (need to hit dead centre to guarantee full damage) and do triple retaliation to you. You basically only take them for the toolbelt skill. Time to delete one kit or the other?

@coro.3176 said:

The real question now IMO is .. what are grenades' purpose? They don't do more damage. They don't leave combo fields. They're way harder to land (need to hit dead centre to guarantee full damage) and do triple retaliation to you. You basically only take them for the toolbelt skill. Time to delete one kit or the other?

Thats the point i didnt understand either when reading the notes. Didnt they move the fields from grens to mortar to make one dmg and the other utility orientated for purity of purpose reasons? That buff seems somehow incoherent besides not fixing real problems of the kit.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Thats the point i didnt understand either when reading the notes. Didnt they move the fields from grens to mortar to make one dmg and the other utility orientated for purity of purpose reasons? That buff seems somehow incoherent besides not fixing real problems of the kit.

Because the buffs they made didn't have a whole lot of thought behind them in the first place. I mean CD reductions on poison dart volley and glue shot? As though those were the problems holding pistol back?

I stated very clearly to them in multiple locations that they needed to halve mortar flight times and nearly double the damage to be worth it anywhere besides WvW, where they still have to deal with projectile hate.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Because the buffs they made didn't have a whole lot of thought behind them in the first place. I mean CD reductions on poison dart volley and glue shot? As though those were the problems holding pistol back?

Yeah, that sounded like i was ok with the rest.^^ I have given up on condi core tbh. But i would have liked further improved utility on mortar like making flash a smokefield and add some condiclear to the waterfield or something.

I stated very clearly to them in multiple locations that they needed to halve mortar flight times and nearly double the damage to be worth it anywhere besides WvW, where they still have to deal with projectile hate.

Even in WvW its way to unreliable to hit something beyond mid-range if its not siege or something immobile in my experience. You can mostly just deny an area. Specs becoming more mobile with every addon didnt help the kit either.

Its just a crappy elite. It would be cool if it wasnt for the seemingly forced bad design, INSANELY slow projectile speed which is SO easy to avoid, pointless fields that mean nothing when theres just so much movement, speed, mobility in the game that the effects wont really last long enough to be worth it. It has ONE use. Blobs and that is it. Not used in small groups, not used in roaming, is it used in PvE? Doubtful. Is it used in S/TPvP? Not at all.

@Anthony.3207 said:I will test morter kit with maurader armor. Should see some good damage. We will see. That 45% critical damage can help reach high damages.

i have full marauder, damage is ok but sadly too much projectile hate in wvw

orbital strike needs double scaling or better yet to create a pulse damaging field with damage comparable to that of lava font

Archived