Warrior New Build

Kira.1249

Hey gw2 peeps. So I went through the newest patch notes(27th March 2018) and I just wanted to know your input with the new increased/decreased stats. My warrior is currently running sword/shield and greatsword. But I want to build ascended and I gathered all the right components but what stats should I go for? Do I still stay as a spellbreaker or switch back to beserker?Here is my current build(without the armor): https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Power_DPSYour input will help a lot.

Honestly, I would say Go for what is most fun for you, if you aren't planning on raiding, or challenge mode 100 fractal-ing, basically any build would work, Since you're using sword/shield and GS, you're not using the full build 1:1 which gives me the impression you find it more fun.

It depends on how you wanna run your Warrior:

You can either go Condition Damage with Sword+Torch/Longbow (and Berserker) or you can go raw Power with, well, pretty much any other weapons such as Axe or Greatsword (either Core or Spellbreaker, Core usually incorporating the Defense traitline for more sustain while Spellbreaker is all about the damage).

Viper stats for Condition, Berserker stats for Power.

@Hitman.5829 said:Great build, if you want to insta-die that is!

The point is to make the other guy die before you do - as has always been the case in GW2.

But, as I said if you’re feeling unsafe as a Berserker or Spellbreaker glass cannon, you can always switch over to a Core build with Defense in it.

Adrenal Health trait + Healing Signet will see you through hell and back even if you use glass cannon stats.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

The point is to make the other guy die before you do - as has always been the case in GW2.

But, as I said if you’re feeling unsafe as a Berserker or Spellbreaker glass cannon, you can always switch over to a Core build with Defense in it.

Adrenal Health trait + Healing Signet will see you through hell and back even if you use glass cannon stats.

You have 0 survavility, your build will fail 100% of the times against a medium skill opponent.
  • Thief: One shot from stealth
  • Mesmer: One shot from stealth OR while being immune to damage
  • Guard: Blocks your attacks
  • Necro will face roll you so hard, you wish you had resistance.
  • Ranger will melt you down in 3 seconds from 1500 range
  • Etc...

@Hitman.5829 said:

You have 0 survavility, your build will fail 100% of the times against a medium skill opponent.
  • Etc...

Go take your PvP whining somewhere else, please.

@Kira.1249 said:I was aiming to go for T4 and Raids, I'm a bit scared to choose my stats and weapon stats also, but yes Kuulpb I do enjoy my warrior and so far, he's pretty cool and survive almost anything I throw at him lol

The OP is looking for PvE help, not PvP.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

• Etc...

@Kira.1249 said:I was aiming to go for T4 and Raids, I'm a bit scared to choose my stats and weapon stats also, but yes Kuulpb I do enjoy my warrior and so far, he's pretty cool and survive almost anything I throw at him lol

he is still right you know? and i think the op meant a build for wvw? why else would gear matter now after a wvw and pvp only patch?

@Ferus.3165 said:

• Etc...

he is still right you know? and i think the op meant a build for wvw? why else would gear matter now after a wvw and pvp only patch?

Stop derailing this thread already. Did you somehow miss me quoting the OP specifically asking for “Raids and T4”?

@Oglaf.1074 said:

• Etc...

Stop derailing this thread already. Did you somehow miss me quoting the OP specifically asking for “Raids and T4”?

yes i missed it, was only flying over the posts after i read ops first one and thought it would be strange to ask for a build in raids when you specifically mention this patch cause it was wvw pvp only and nothing changed for pve.

Archived