The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region

Gygex.3867

I bought Path of Fire through the in game store, it redirected me to a payment page and I bought the game. It gives me an email to the serial key and the key I purchased says:

The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region. Please apply the serial code to a valid account in the correct region.

I put in a support ticket, no answer. Help!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you bought PoF through the in-game store (BLTC) then your account should have already been upgraded and no need to enter a key in the My Account page. In that case the key is emailed to you for your records should you need it for support issues. When you log in to the game do you have access to PoF? If not or you bought it through the web store and your key does not work you will have to wait for support to help you. Note, should it be an issue support needs to assist you with do not submit duplicate tickets as this will slow your response time.

Same exact issue . Mine bought from main official website with correct account log on . Already logged ticket too and somehow receive "payment information" from The Digital River Ireland Ltd. now i'm confused is it a follow up to the purchase? or related to the ticket? i don't know . PoF still not active in My Account too tho .

I have the same problem.I bought Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire - Standard a few hours ago through buy.guildwars2.com.I received a letter with the serial code and enter it, but the code is not accepted, I see the message:

The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region. Please apply the serial code to a valid account in the correct region.

I checked my bank account, the transfer from my bank card was listed.Help!.

I'm hoping for this to be a time resolved issue, and a bit of patience will update my account. As mentioned, i've never been required to apply keys directly when signed into an account. I'm hoping its a failure of the correct message being displayed when an invalid keys used (one that's already being processed and being attempted to be applied to my account). I shall wait this out, rather impatiently as im eager to try out POF :(

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@BANISHED.9785 said:This has just happened to me as well. I purchased Path of Fire standard edition in game. Got the email confirmation and I'm unable to access the content.

Your particular issue
might
be solved by just logging out completely, and logging back in.

Good luck.

I wish it was that simple. I was up in the air about buying the game too. Not a great start.

I just bought the it and same issue. Already sent in a ticket too. I think since this is the release date, everything might be breaking.I bought it from the GW2 website.

Location Purchased: buy.guildwars2.comEdition: standardPayment taken/email confirmation: Yes to bothPayment type: PaypalRegion: North America

Might be worth updating these posts of similar issues to include a few bits of information about the purchase... If anyone can think of anything else important to see if there's a correlation let me know.

Suggested TemplateLocation Purchased: (In-Game/guildwars.com/third party)Edition: (standard/Deluxe/Ultimate)Payment taken/email confirmation: (Yes/No)Payment type: (Card/Paypal/Other)Region: (North America/Europe)

My Own:Location Purchased: In-GameEdition: StandardPayment taken/email confirmation: YesPayment Type: CardRegion: Europe

I have also purchased GW2:POF. Though I purchased it for a friend. He is getting the Region invalid error as well! (It was the standard edition)

Location Purchased: guildwars.comEdition: standardPayment taken/email confirmation: YesPayment type: PaypalRegion: North AmericaFriends Region: North America

Archived