Writ of Masterful Speed

Curunen.8729

Does anyone use this at all given its insane TP price?

I'm curious as to what the point of them existing in game is if they're so insanely expensive/locked behind Scribing to be accessible for the one game mode (wvw) where they should be accessible and a valid choice for play.

Is it reasonable to ask for some similar account bound utility enhancement, locked behind badges of honour if necessary, available direct from the wvw provisioner?

@"Drinks.2361" said:I used to for roaming, it's bad but not crazy when you use a utility booster.

Way less roaming in my tier now though, mostly you just get shot by siege from upgraded structures

Hmm I wonder how much gold it comes to with a utility booster. Wish you could "turn it off/on" to preserve the time and make it last longer. Just checked - so 52g or so for the 150 gems, plus at least 8g if crafting (got to level scribing first), for 12hours of movement speed. Meh, that's still 5g/hour. I don't think my wallet could take that punishment. :(

I'd happily fork out even up to 50s for 30 mins of 25% movement speed if that was an option for some new utility enhancement.

I'd rather be able to use currently available utilities over speed ones.

Anet should add runes that give the 25% movement speed of Traveler's Runes while having different stat combinations. No reason why Traveler's Runes are the only movement speed runes (Lynx still only in PvP) and have very little synergy with different builds.

@"nativity.3057" said:I'd rather be able to use currently available utilities over speed ones.

Anet should add runes that give the 25% movement speed of Traveler's Runes while having different stat combinations. No reason why Traveler's Runes are the only movement speed runes (Lynx still only in PvP) and have very little synergy with different builds.

Don't forget these runes.... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed. I wouldn't use em personally, just putting that out there. I'd like to see Lynx available for WvW though. Keep waiting...

@JDjitsu.7895 said:

@"nativity.3057" said:I'd rather be able to use currently available utilities over speed ones.

Don't forget these runes....
. I wouldn't use em personally, just putting that out there. I'd like to see Lynx available for WvW though. Keep waiting...

Didn't know these existed, thanks!However, I would say even Traveler's Runes are better than those (gold cost, other stat boosts), and that is unfortunate.

@nativity.3057 said:I'd rather be able to use currently available utilities over speed ones.

I suppose it depends on build, but I'd prefer to sacrifice a <100 stat bonus for movement speed in order to use the runes, sigils and weapons/utility skills want. :)

In any case, more options would certainly help things - unless Anet's secret plan is to introduce some kind of basic mount function sometime in the future, which I wouldn't be surprised to see given how gliders came in.

Just had a thought regarding movement speed in general as I've been testing in DBL using no movement speed boost other than Shrines - maybe the whole Shrine thing in DBL could be expanded upon?

Firstly 5 minutes buff from Shrines is far too short to do anything meaningful - the moment I get one I've been counting the seconds to run to the next, maybe grabbing a camp in the process or harassing some opponents if I'm lucky - perhaps it should be at least 20+ mins movement speed buff from Shrines in DBL?

I know presence of the keep exists in the other maps, but perhaps something similar to the Shrine buff thing could be added to camps in general - but something where you have to purchase a speed boost from the Quartermaster for badges after capturing a camp? Say after capturing a camp you can spend 5-10 badges and some silver for 20+ mins movement speed boost?

Archived