Why does Anet not want warrior to have stability in PvP?

bLind.6278

The only meaningful stability warriors have is now on a 90s cooldown and can be easily procced with trash and then immediately corrupted. Unless warrior skips out on EP, Berserker Stance or Break Enchantments, they have zero on demand stability outside of Rampage, which is kinda hilarious (and STILL a 90s cooldown for 2 stacks of stability.)

So is warrior just not supposed to be able to have access to it? You lose far too much survivability if you skip EP or BS, and you gimp one of the biggest parts of the build if you skip BE.

I don't PvP anymore, but I roam/zerg a lot (core warrior). I've always highly regarded stability, so I've been trying Balanced Stance rather than Endure Pain when the crit immunity came out, doubling with Last Stand, and have actually never switched back. YMMV, but it's worth a try.

PvP is a different beast of course. With the new patch, I would try a mix Balanced Stance / Rousing Resilience. Unless they changed it, the toughness should be granted unconditionally when you activate Balanced Stance (no need to break stun), so with the crit immunity, this does a lot in terms of physical damage reduction - plus you can equip Featherfoot Grace to grab more value. Still, that doesn't mean Last Stand is trash, because IMHO what has always mattered in the trait was the first proc.

As usual after balance patches, experimenting shall be necessary. Good luck with your games.

@Elegie.3620 said:I don't PvP anymore, but I roam/zerg a lot (core warrior). I've always highly regarded stability, so I've been trying Balanced Stance rather than Endure Pain when the crit immunity came out, doubling with Last Stand, and have actually never switched back. YMMV, but it's worth a try.

PvP is a different beast of course. With the new patch, I would try a mix Balanced Stance / Rousing Resilience. Unless they changed it, the toughness should be granted unconditionally when you activate Balanced Stance (no need to break stun), so with the crit immunity, this does a lot in terms of physical damage reduction - plus you can equip Featherfoot Grace to grab more value. Still, that doesn't mean Last Stand is trash, because IMHO what has always mattered in the trait was the first proc.

As usual after balance patches, experimenting shall be necessary. Good luck with your games.

Originally the passive balanced stance trait was on a 90 sec cd but it gave 10 secs of stab. You can't play core warrior without both last stand and active balance stance anymore and the problem you got then is that you have not enough resistance and not enough condi cleanse for wvw anymore.

Archived