Chairs in Salma District (Instanced) are Trapped!

I think Seperatists are putting glue traps on chairs to stop Charr from sitting in them.I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get my character out from these things, but nothing shows up on the toolbar, jump or Escape don't cancel it. It's been in more than one chair of its kinda in the same instance (the wooden one with three bars along the back). The only way I can get free is to leave the instance.

@Hejtr.1704 said:I have the same problem but for every chair in the world. Once I sit I cant get up from it and I cant do anything about it. Cant event port away or use anything, only solution is to relog :/

Can confirm @"Lexi.1398" 's solution, actually. It seems we don't "sit in" the chairs so much as we "mount" them. Important distinction that should probably be shared with the community as large, before 90% of the playerbase ends up trapped by these horrible mimic chairs.(I tease, I tease. It's good to see the community so squee right now. :3)

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Use the icon to the right of your skill bar.

What icon to the right of my skill bar?

When I sit on a bar-stool in Salma, I get the weapon swap button (disabled), skills 1+2 to rotate, and 8 empty skill boxes.When I sit on a chair in the Salma bar, I get the weapon swap button (disabled), and 10 empty skill boxes.Oh, I also see the little "Leader of the Pact II" speed boost., plus a health ball reading 100 and two full energy bars. There are no other controls or icons around my skill bar.

Things that don't work:

• hitting 'F'
  • hitting escape
  • hitting weapon swap (either with mouse or back-tick)
  • hitting jump
  • hitting a movement key
  • double-tapping a movement key
  • clicking on other items

Things that do work:

• clicking on the "leave district" icon

Character is female human rogue. Have not tried it with other characters or other locations.

Thought: perhaps the "dismount" icon only appears if you own PoF (I have HoT but not PoF)?

@"Nom.6398" said:Thought: perhaps the "dismount" icon only appears if you own PoF (I have HoT but not PoF)?

:o So: buy HoT to unlock the glider and the guild hall; buy PoF to unlock mounts and chairs!Maybe there's a hidden key? did you try with "X"?

@Urud.4925 said:

@"Nom.6398" said:Thought: perhaps the "dismount" icon only appears if you own PoF (I have HoT but not PoF)?

:o So: buy HoT to unlock the glider and the guild hall; buy PoF to unlock mounts and chairs!Maybe there's a hidden key? did you try with "X"?

Yep, this seems to be true. btw no key is working. So PoF to get out of chair. Awesome

Okay, so it seems that the actual bug is that, because the chair mechanics are treated by the game as "mounting" and require the ability to "dismount", you can't leave the chair if you don't first own Path of Fire. An oversight for sure, but should be a correctable one since mount rental in holiday races exists. On options menu in keybinds, those that don't own PoF, does the option to bind a key to mount/dismount exist for you if you don't own the expansion? Skill may not show after the skill bar, but perhaps it can still be bound to a key?

@"Sojourner.4621" said:Okay, so it seems that the actual bug is that, because the chair mechanics are treated by the game as "mounting" and require the ability to "dismount", you can't leave the chair if you don't first own Path of Fire. An oversight for sure, but should be a correctable one since mount rental in holiday races exists. On options menu in keybinds, those that don't own PoF, does the option to bind a key to mount/dismount exist for you if you don't own the expansion? Skill may not show after the skill bar, but perhaps it can still be bound to a key?

Goddamn, I tried that at first but it didnt work but now using the IT method (turn off/on) I rebinded the mount/dismount key and hey! Its working! No more sticky chairs!

FIX:Go into Options> Control Options> Mounts> Dismount>Find your default hotkey or keybind something you don't use elsewhere to be the hotkey for Dismount.Now you can get up again without relogging/leaving Instance.Thanks go out to to Divinity's Reach Map Chat for this fix! <3

Archived