Latest patch notes: nothing for mesmer

Alpha.1308

i meani understand that a random hotfix a few hours after the expansion hit wouldn't have anything game changingbutlikenothingat alland at least one bug fix for every other class

it's stupid to think they'd FINALLY understand the giant mistake they made that is Mirage

but, wishful thinking that they'll throw a random hotfix and change this garbage can trash-tier core mesmer spec and give it a rework already, one that should have happened before it even got past ~~beta ~~ alpha testing......

its not possible for them to redesign mirage or even make big changes in one month . but im also playing divinity original sin 2 . their hot fix patch is more meaningful than anet's balance patch .i understand that game like gw2 is much harder to balance than DOS2 . but they didnt even be bothered with better number change , what we can say .

@Unknown.3976 said:I think u're reading a little too much into the situation, the PoF has been out for only a couple of hours, it might take a while before the devs caught on and realised the state that Mirage is in.

They had 5 years of Mesmer feedback on what the mechanical problems of mesmer is and where we need help and 2 years of Rev and Guard telling them that the spawn pickups and run around after them mechanic doesn't fit into the game.

We still got Mirage.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Unknown.3976 said:I think u're reading a little too much into the situation, the PoF has been out for only a couple of hours, it might take a while before the devs caught on and realised the state that Mirage is in.

They had 5 years of Mesmer feedback on what the mechanical problems of mesmer is and where we need help and 2 years of Rev and Guard telling them that the spawn pickups and run around after them mechanic doesn't fit into the game.

We still got Mirage.

don't forget the 5 years of Engineer telling them the same exact thing about spawn pickups...

and Arena Net has listened to us about the problems with mesmer... they just keep giving us the wrong response on how they choose to fix them... I'm gonna call it right now... we won't see a single fix done to the actual Core mesmer, the mirage won't have it's unusable mechanics fixed, and next expansion we will get YET ANOTHER core mesmer elite spec that "fixes" another singular problem with the Mesmer class that we have been complaining about since before the game launched...

Chronomancer "fixed" resummoning illusions after shatteringMirage "fixed" retargeting illusionsNext Elite will "fix".... any guesses?

We can sure bet that none of these fixes will ever be seen on the core mesmer where they actually belong.

@Elessaria.9142 said:Just checking, but you know changes were made to Mirage between the trial weekend and PoF launch right?

Changes were made yes, but none that even so much as hint at addressing the concerns and issues with the Mirage spec during the preview weekends. The changes were aimed more at tweaking some numbers a tiny bit and bringing the weakest ambushes up to par with the others, which are still too weak.

@Elessaria.9142 said:Just checking, but you know changes were made to Mirage between the trial weekend and PoF launch right?

just checking, but you know the post was a joke aimed at the "hotfix" that happened a few hours after launch, where there was at most one bug fix for each class, right? not the dev post on each class' subforum?

it was a joke how we got "ignored again"

but with a valid concern of the lack of concern of how trash mirage really is

i like the mirage, toominus jaunt being a 1,350 range blink on a 60s cooldown for an eliteand the mirrors.... existing

IN A CASUAL SETTINGit's beautiful, too, sure

but the reality is, it offers ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better over chronomancer in a real scenario, or even core mesmer, to be honest

that's what the big problem is

nobody is trying to say that people having fun casually are wrong or should feel bad

but to advertise "elite specs" as "adding something to the base class" where we just got another core mesmer line of shatters and clone generations........

then give us....... mirage.......

it's... insulting

@Alpha.1308 said:i like the mirage, toominus jaunt being a 1,350 range blink on a 60s cooldown for an eliteand the mirrors.... existing

IN A CASUAL SETTINGit's beautiful, too, sure

but the reality is, it offers ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better over chronomancer in a real scenario, or even core mesmer, to be honest

that's what the big problem is

nobody is trying to say that people having fun casually are wrong or should feel bad

but to advertise "elite specs" as "adding something to the base class" where we just got another core mesmer line of shatters and clone generations........

then give us....... mirage.......

it's... insulting

How its a 1350 range blink if i can have another 450 in 20 sec? It aslo can spawn up to three clones with the apripriate talent.

okso another clone generator (requires a trait, by the way, in order to even do that, over the other two garbage traits we could take, so we're forced into already taking this, with absolutely no other option, thank you for still furthering my point)so literally what i said in the rest of my post but ok thank you for enforcing my original complaint that this spec adds nothing new

if you look at the big picture, that's all this elite is, a glorified 1,350 range blink on a 60s cooldown, no other class would take that ever because of how awful that is

if you use all charges at once, it's 1,350 range and it takes 60s to cooldown in total because of the way the charge mechanic works

if you stagger them....... you.... got nothing special, in pve you'd do mediocre damage at best, especially for an ELITE SKILL, if pvp, you blinked out of range of an auto attack MAYBE, it's not going to help you with anything, and another elite would have been 10x better and less situational

it's fun to pretend this might have its uses over Time Warp or Moa Morph in pve or pvp, but this skill should have been a utility

Archived