Can we get a crafting speed increase? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can we get a crafting speed increase?

I've noticed that crafting ignots, planks and whatnot that usually I have a ton to do take way too long. It can take a half-hour or longer just to craft these. Can we get a bulk craft option where instead of single item it does multiples at higher stacks of material? It would make crafting less of a hassle or time sink.

Best Answer

Answers

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Or you could sell your ore, wood cloth and buy the refined from the tp if your that pressed on time mate.
    personaly i go to the bathroom or make a cup of coffie while i do that 1 time a day.

• Yamazuki.6073Yamazuki.6073 Member ✭✭✭

Crafting is generally meant to be a time sink to encourage trading, and on GW2 it doubles up as a gold sink due to the fees set on the TP.

• inubasiri.8745inubasiri.8745 Member ✭✭✭

I think the whole crafting system needs a bit of a reboot, but then again Monet would add some gemstore nonsense into it, so maybe it's better this way.

• Emprer.7256Emprer.7256 Member ✭✭✭

Yes please. Some items take too long to craft

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

But... don't we already have a speed boost after the 5th or so item? How many ores do you craft guys? :o

• @Urud.4925 said:
    But... don't we already have a speed boost after the 5th or so item? How many ores do you craft guys? :o

I'm approaching 700 of one material type, because I've been too cheap to work on my Leatherworking or Tailoring to get there. My crafting storage is full, at 250, I have a 250 stack in my main bank, and I'm working on the third stack.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, I refined a stack of 250 mats few days ago. I didn't check how much time I needed, but no more than 2-3 minutes. I couldn't finish my ice cream in time. Half an hour, like the OP says, it would mean thousands of mats... It's not something you do that often to require a game fix imho. Easier to sell them, like Linken said.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don’t really see it as a real issue unless you do a lot of crafting. For example, I used to spend something like four hours a week doing refinements with at one point spending eight hours.

While it could be a QoL change to players, I personally don’t see it as being a large enough issue to change.

• bobsort.4097bobsort.4097 Member ✭✭✭

I don't mind the crafting speed, specially on my Leatherworker when she does clothes. but it is a really tiring job, Can we have a few chairs there to sit while doing crafting? I get back pain from standing and doing the crafting!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.