Exchange rate of Tribulation Mode Tokens is an April Fools' Day joke.

Master jumpers who find themselves with an excess of Tribulation Mode trophies can now exchange them for baubles with the vendors.

Facts:When you finish any Tribulation Mode Zone you get 2/4 Bauble Bubbles (=500/1000 Baubles) + like idk 200 Baubles in boss chest (in Purple baubles). And then you get King Toad/Storm Wizard Z-1/2/3 Tokens which (if you have already finished collections) can now exchange for YEAH!!!! 16 Baubles.Srsly, why do I even...? Baubles are the last thing you need when you are the player who has an excess of Tokens!

Really I'd like to know the purpose of offering players baubles for Trib Tokens. Especially with such numbers. I got myself 20+ tokens of each trib mode. What can I do with them? Exchange them into 20x6x16 = 1920+ baubles? Less than 8 BB? Is this the currency you think I need? How many baubles average Trib mode player has?

Ok, I can understand people gather tokens and this would be the way to make them have any value apart from part of collections but seriously: all my 2 year gatherings all the time I spent on Trib I can exchange for less than 8 BB - the prize I get for 2 runs on Trib World 2 Zone???

Don't know how the others but I myself had a hope we would be able to somehow mystic forge Trib tokens to get Kaiser weapons or additional Assassins Tokens. Farewell my dreams...

Regardless of what currency you gather in an MMO, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. To a regular raider or t4 fractal player the ascended equipment drops eventually become "worthless" (as in, worth a lot less than they were when they started that content). To somebody who loves running the Dragon Stand meta, crystalline ore will eventually be in excess to the point where they can't trade it for anything they find useful anymore.

Just the same, running SAB tribulation mode to the point where you have forged all the weapon skins you will find that your tokens now are worth a lot less to you than they were before. At least they do have some (minimal) worth now, even if only to allow you to get some more furniture coins, obsidian shards, or mystic crystals eventually. Expecting to be able to use them to shortcut the aquisition of skins gated by other means (dailies) is in my opinion unreasonable. There's a reason ANet has gated the red and orange weapons behind dailies, so people don't rush through those collections in a couple of weeks but rather have reason to (moderately) play SAB in years to come, too.

At least it is not time gated like turning blade shards into equipment bags. 100 blade shards for a single green, and you can only do it 5 per day!

But anyway, seems like what they did here is the exact same thing as they did with excess fractal potions. A minor trade in so its slightly more worth than deleting the item.

At least they do have some (minimal) worth now, even if only to allow you to get some more furniture coins, obsidian shards, or mystic crystals eventually.

They are worthless man. 16 baubles? Get into normal mode, run for 1 minute, over.

There's a reason ANet has gated the red and orange weapons behind dailies

Orange weapons are not timegated if you are lucky (that's why some do Trib mode) or have money (TP).

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Regardless of what currency you gather in an MMO, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. To a regular raider or t4 fractal player the ascended equipment drops eventually become "worthless" (as in, worth a lot less than they were when they started that content). To somebody who loves running the Dragon Stand meta, crystalline ore will eventually be in excess to the point where they can't trade it for anything they find useful anymore.

regardless of what currency your salary is, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. for examp if you have a $100 bill it only worth 65penny!

So you'd rather have nothing than something?

I get that whatever dev took the time to implement this could have been working on something else in the meantime, but hey, at least they give you something for it. I agree it should have been a bit more seeing how hard tribmode is, but you got all the juicy stuff anyways by now or else you wouldn't have surplus of the tokens. What did you expect to get? Amalgamated gemstones, mystic coins, baubel infus?

@"mtpelion.4562" said:Prior to this update, your tokens were worth 0 of anything.Now they are worth 16 of something, which can then be converted into other things.

The OP is saying that it's such a tiny amount compared to what they already own that it's more trouble than it's worth, i.e. it's not better than "nothing;" it's worse.

However, I don't recommend the OP's approach: if I were trying to change ANet's mind, I wouldn't title my post "the devs offered us a joke," even if that might be a reasonable interpretation of the facts.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"mtpelion.4562" said:Prior to this update, your tokens were worth 0 of anything.Now they are worth 16 of something, which can then be converted into other things.

The OP is saying that it's such a tiny amount compared to what they already own that it's more trouble than it's worth, i.e. it's not better than "nothing;" it's worse.

However, I don't recommend the OP's approach: if I were trying to change ANet's mind, I wouldn't title my post "the devs offered us a joke," even if that might be a reasonable interpretation of the facts.

Which is a ridiculous thing for the OP to say, since they will already be talking to the merchant when exchanging their baubles for bubble baubles anyway, so it is literally adding a single extra click for them.

@banshee.9328 said:

Really I'd like to know the purpose of offering players baubles for Trib Tokens. Especially with such numbers. I got myself 20+ tokens of each trib mode. What can I do with them? Exchange them into 20x6x16 = 1920+ baubles? Less than 8 BB? Is this the currency you think I need? How many baubles average Trib mode player has?

I don't play SAB, I've always hated it, I feel it has no place in this game and just adds to ruining my immersion, having said all that, you sound mad about the lack of rewards, and that is something I can relate too, I've said it many times on these forums, the rewards in this game are trash, and in no other game I've ever played have I felt so unrewarded for my efforts.

@Vavume.8065 said:

Really I'd like to know the purpose of offering players baubles for Trib Tokens. Especially with such numbers. I got myself 20+ tokens of each trib mode. What can I do with them? Exchange them into 20x6x16 =
1920+
baubles? Less than 8 BB? Is this the currency you think I need? How many baubles average Trib mode player has?

I don't play SAB, I've always hated it, I feel it has no place in this game and just adds to ruining my immersion, having said all that, you sound mad about the lack of rewards, and that is something I can relate too, I've said it many times on these forums, the rewards in this game are trash, and in no other game I've ever played have I felt so unrewarded for my efforts.

The loot system is pretty good in this game as you can sell almost to the TP or vendor it. A lot of that loot can be salvaged into materials which could also be sold on the TP. All of this yields gold which has a lot of value in that many valuable items can be exchanged on the TP with it or you can convert them into gems and buy various game store items.

You’re not going to find a successful loot system that greatly rewards players all the time. Such a system would either lead to inflation and/or greatly reduce the value of the loot over time.

It’s healthier for the game if loot rewards are done from a long term perspective rather than from the short term. You may not feel rewarded right now but all of the loot that you get adds up over time.

For TM token exchanges, if they reward too much, it’ll quickly devalue all of the other rewards to the point that SAB becomes unrewarding to play on the whole. The fact that OP wants a better exchange rate means that there are still things that they want otherwise giving them 100 bubbles per TM token would be meaningless.

I'm glad they added an exchange for the tokens, even if 16 baubles is a bit low. I would have guessed 50 baubles each but it's better than nothing! If I recall, a typical Tribulation zone will give about 250 baubles (minus the once-per-day rewards) so while 16 is only a 6.5% increase, 50 would be 20% which sounds a tad high. I'll certainly be trading in my tokens rather than saving them like I did last year, though I do feel a tad silly for saving them this long for an extra 3 bubbles.

What would you do with that 50 baubles? How would you spend it? This currency is worthless later. If you are exchanging tokens (finished collections) you are already sitting on stacks of Bauble Bubbles (not baubles). Of course you can exchange it for obsi shard. But still (even with 1:50 exchange rate) you'd have to do 5 runs to get 1 obsi shard! No, man. It's the same as you'd get additional Minor Sigil of Fire after killing Tequatl. Ye, always something...

@bobsort.4097 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Regardless of what currency you gather in an MMO, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. To a regular raider or t4 fractal player the ascended equipment drops eventually become "worthless" (as in, worth a lot less than they were when they started that content). To somebody who loves running the Dragon Stand meta, crystalline ore will eventually be in excess to the point where they can't trade it for anything they find useful anymore.

regardless of what currency your salary is, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. for examp if you have a $100 bill it only worth 65penny!Apples and oranges. Real world work is a totally different beast from gaming rewards. There's just no way game developers can keep "rewarding" players in a way that feels as rewarding as it did at first. Real world salary on the other hand will keep a comparative "reward" level for a long time since the range of stuff you can spend it on is much greater and on-going (you need food and water every day in the real world vs. just grabbing most of your everyday needs in a game while playing).

I have a huge issue with Crimson weapons being gated behind dailies, and everything else gated behind festival dailies. If they want us to moderately play the content until we're done just leave it there for a much longer period. They shouldn't use this a a means of prolonging the "life" of the festival without developing anything new (as of this year, all substantial news we got was the race, next year it might be nothing at all?). Either rehash the content explicitly but allow collectors to, well, collect, or actually bring in new content and new items rather than have us farm 5 years (200 crimson tokens) to get something like the crimson backpack. So I can surely agree with OP's sentiment, getting 16 baubles for doing tribulation mode is nothing at all like getting crystalline ore from Dragon Stand, and is much more of a slap to the face.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Regardless of what currency you gather in an MMO, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. To a regular raider or t4 fractal player the ascended equipment drops eventually become "worthless" (as in, worth a lot less than they were when they started that content). To somebody who loves running the Dragon Stand meta, crystalline ore will eventually be in excess to the point where they can't trade it for anything they find useful anymore.

regardless of what currency your salary is, you have to expect that you'll eventually get to a point where excess currency is worth a fraction of its earlier worth. for examp if you have a $100 bill it only worth 65penny!Apples and oranges. Real world work is a totally different beast from gaming rewards. There's just no way game developers can keep "rewarding" players in a way that feels as rewarding as it did at first. Real world salary on the other hand will keep a comparative "reward" level for a long time since the range of stuff you can spend it on is much greater and on-going (you need food and water every day in the real world vs. just grabbing most of your everyday needs in a game while playing).

Well games teach kids skills to use when they grow up (hopefully) I'm sure you don't want them to learn that way and pay your retirement salary that way!Yes you are absolutely right. In real world I never eat one tray of something every half an hour! your example is out of place, reward from chest and mob and other stuff is already nerfing everyday. but something called currency is a currency and its own exchange value shouldn't be changed. if $1 is 100 cent then it should stay same, If $1 could buy 2 helmet last year, but this year can buy only one, it doesn't matter. but it still should buy me back 100 cents.

Archived