Quality of Life Change: Ventari Tablet 240 distance marker

Hoshikogi.7160

I really love healing as a Ventari Tablet Reverent. It has so much potential as a powerhouse healer and the degree of finesses and control required to master it makes it feel all the more rewarding. Yet, many players (The Rev included) sometimes have a hard time telling when they or other players are within or outside the tablet's 240 healing/buff/cleansing radius. There is no respectable visual for Project Tranquility/alacrity or Natural Harmony which reflects it's true range, compared to other healing abilities and spells which leave at least a brief/faint, noticeable circle around their radius.

Given that the tablet requires great skill to place and control, and that it's heal is not instant cast, I believe some sort of visual marker such as a pale green circle or even a pretty, non-invasive druidic/shamanistic glyph around the tablet's 240 radius would improve the quality of life for the Reverent and those who would seek it's support. Just something to let allies know that the tablet is iconic/distinguishable, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

One of the greatest problems I face is people running away from the tablet or assuming that it's something that could harm them.
Now that I think about it, there is no visual distinction between enemy tablets and ally tablets in World vs. World and PvP. The tablet flinging towards you could be a hostile stun or it could heal you. This is problematic.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:This.

And also remove the resummon. It would be far better to automatically get the tablet back to your side when blowing it up.Could be used as a repositioning tool and would make it less clunky.

This would be a wonderful and reasonable change. The tablet also has a nasty graphical delay, making it hard to see when one resummons it. So having it by your side once more and instead putting maybe a 1 sec global cool down on it's movement skill after the explosion (and while it's reforming) would make the tablet's elite skill far more rewarding much less clunky.

I have to say, I haven't found the range to be that much of a problem. I wouldn't be against adding an indicator though. It can't hurt!

One small thing for me would be the energy cost of Protective Solace. It can be prohibitively expensive, especially if you are trying to heal at the same time. Compared to say...the Firebrand reflect from Tome 3. FB reflect has a bigger radius, 8 second cooldown, 5 second duration, and reflect is way better than just destroying projectiles. They lowered the energy cost of Vengeful Hammers in this last patch, I feel like Protective Solace could use the same treatment without being too powerful.

I agree completely. I posted a list of suggestions a little while back, and one of those was to also have a visual "trail/tail" indicator of which direction the tablet is coming from. In busy fights it can be quite challenging to be constantly remembering the previous location and desired path of your tablet, and something like this would be another QoL change that I would really appreciate. Right now the revenant icon gives us an indicator on where WE are located, which isn't very helpful.

Here is the example. Excuse the basic photoshopping.https://m.imgur.com/9QB8ZGp?r

@Hoshikogi.7160 said:One of the greatest problems I face is people running away from the tablet or assuming that it's something that could harm them.

Now that I think about it, there is no visual distinction between enemy tablets and ally tablets in World vs. World and PvP. The tablet flinging towards you could be a hostile stun or it could heal you. This is problematic.

It really does feel like people are trying to dodge the heals at times lol. Of course the Revenant is really focused on its location, but I think the reality is that other people just don't notice it's there. It can be easy to miss with all the crazy spell effects and particles flying everywhere.

@Hoshikogi.7160 said:I appreciate and hold thanks for all the positive responses. And yes, this would be for the benefit mainly of the players who need burst healing. We as the Revanant can sort of see where we place it thanks to the initial placement graphic.

Ventari is a bit neglected sometimes on rev just because its niche as pure heal spec. Its mechanic is unique and i actually love how it works.The before mentioned resummon would bring some light back into it.Also i would like to see more soft CC and Stun/Daze traits in the salvation line to use this legend for ranged control.Its overloaded with increased healing traits, merging them together would give more room for diversity. But this is more on the improve side than QoL^^

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Hoshikogi.7160 said:I appreciate and hold thanks for all the positive responses. And yes, this would be for the benefit mainly of the players who need burst healing. We as the Revanant can sort of see where we place it thanks to the initial placement graphic.

Ventari is a bit neglected sometimes on rev just because its niche as pure heal spec. Its mechanic is unique and i actually love how it works.The before mentioned resummon would bring some light back into it.Also i would like to see more soft CC and Stun/Daze traits in the salvation line to use this legend for ranged control.Its overloaded with increased healing traits, merging them together would give more room for diversity. But this is more on the improve side than QoL^^

Although I think increased CC potential would be helpful for the kit as a whole, combining any more healing modifiers traits would simply be too much in my opinion. Considering they are 15-20% per trait, and upwards of 29% on the GM, I dont think it would be healthy for a single trait to have a 30-40% modifier on it. One of the reasons I like Ventari so much is because of the big green numbers I can get, and I think that's a really special thing it has going for it, but if you want those at the moment you have to sacrifice [questionable] utility for it, which I think is fair. Instead, I think what the legend could use the most are some QoL improvements like listed in this thread and better energy management to make it more possible to heal and clear condis at once, for example.

My idea for this is to be able to regain 25 energy while in the same legend, but to put the other legend on something like a 7 second cooldown. This would have a 5 second cooldown and would also trigger legend and weapon swap effects, which would give it synergy with Invocation. Really, this idea is born out of my desire to camp Ventari without feeling the current limitations, and that may not be Anet's design intent, but I think this in itself would allow for making it feel like a more versatile kit since we would effectively have more energy to spare for other things.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Although I think increased CC potential would be helpful for the kit as a whole, combining any more healing modifiers traits would simply be too much in my opinion. Considering they are 15-20% per trait, and upwards of 29% on the GM, I dont think it would be healthy for a single trait to have a 30-40% modifier on it. One of the reasons I like Ventari so much is because of the big green numbers I can get, and I think that's a really special thing it has going for it, but if you want those at the moment you have to sacrifice [questionable] utility for it, which I think is fair. Instead, I think what the legend could use the most are some QoL improvements like listed in this thread and better energy management to make it more possible to heal and clear condis at once, for example.

My idea for this is to be able to regain 25 energy while in the same legend, but to put the other legend on something like a 7 second cooldown. This would have a 5 second cooldown and would also trigger legend and weapon swap effects, which would give it synergy with Invocation. Really, this idea is born out of my desire to camp Ventari without feeling the current limitations, and that may not be Anet's design intent, but I think this in itself would allow for making it feel like a more versatile kit since we would effectively have more energy to spare for other things.

Yes but ventari is kinda overbloated with modifiers.Improved healing power scaling and more engaging heal power gain would be nice.Additionally its worth mentioning that salvation is only used in conjunction with ventari.Even a minor of this line only effects ventari. Something that pidgeon holds it into this position.

3 distinct lines would be good.One that focusses on healing, healing power and outgoing healing.

One that focussed on boons and staff.

And one that focusses on utility and CC.

Blinding truth and eluding nullification should be minors IMO, they have great use in every tanky build and would open more options for builds.

Currently 2 minors only give you benefits if you either have toughness or use ventari.So it is restricting in itself.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"Hoshikogi.7160" said:I appreciate and hold thanks for all the positive responses. And yes, this would be for the benefit mainly of the players who need burst healing. We as the Revanant can sort of see where we place it thanks to the initial placement graphic.

Yes but ventari is kinda overbloated with modifiers.Improved healing power scaling and more engaging heal power gain would be nice.Additionally its worth mentioning that salvation is only used in conjunction with ventari.Even a minor of this line only effects ventari. Something that pidgeon holds it into this position.

3 distinct lines would be good.One that focusses on healing, healing power and outgoing healing.

One that focussed on boons and staff.

And one that focusses on utility and CC.

Blinding truth and eluding nullification should be minors IMO, they have great use in every tanky build and would open more options for builds.

Currently 2 minors only give you benefits if you either have toughness or use ventari.So it is restricting in itself.

Yeah, I do see what you say about it being overbloated. Increasing healing modifiers would be great, as long as Staff 4 and Shield 4 would get some of that love as well so their heals would still stay roughly equal to what they are now. Regeneration would suffer, but I would be content enough with that if that meant we got new interesting traits. The whole Salvation line could really use a rehaul. On that note, I wish they'd tweak the way Shield 4 works because it is so damn clunky and terrible unless you're using it at your feet.

I do also agree with you that Salvation is too limited in its uses and that it should be more viable for non-Ventari/healer builds. The fact that it doesn't really offer any sort of self-healing bonus beyond the GM, which itself is restricted to Ventari, is a shame. What sort of ideas do you have for CC-related traits?

I will do another shameless self-plug because I would like to share my own ideas on how to change up the Salvation line. I would change some things from when I made this, but as a whole, my goals were to open Salvation up to make it more viable to non-healer builds via self-healing, utility, and condition management.FFWqWXh.jpg

@Loboling.5293 said:I like the idea of range indicator. So much I'd prefer more for rev, but I won't change the topic much. Simple range indicator sounds sweet. (small green circle on the ground is my recommendation.

@Beezlebub.1538 said:I would also like to see a green AOE Indictator for ventari tablet - it would help combat the Red Sea that is the scourge regurgitation.

Some in my guild thought the same as well. The addition of even a basic thin/green line would be off to a good start.

What would y'all think of Natural Harmony leaving a mark like this (Signet of the Wild active) where the heal will land? It looks quite similar to the passive pulse on Project Tranquility, so I think they could look nice together. Radius on SotW is 240 as well, so that would be to scale. Personally, I do worry that it could potentially be too visually intrusive since it's a spammable skill, but it would still be nice to have a clear designation on where the heal would be, as a thin green line could be too subtle.

VhbW1vm.jpg

@"Pterikdactyl.7630"

so i worked a bit on ventari traits and looked a bit what it could bring to the table.sometimes i just improved existing traits and gave them more use/flavor.

I wanted to distinct each line with these aspects:

1. Tablet Focussed
  2. Tanky CC
  3. Tankish Support Line

I made some modifiers baseline as minors to grant salvation a use ouside of ventari just to increase healing percentage for i.e glint tanks etc.

Minors:Eluding Nullification: As is but as a minor. So you can cleanse condis easily without losing a major choice.Disarming Riposte: Same effect but you also gain a small portion of endurance when blinding a foe.Blinding Truth: Same Effect just as a minor which gives these more uses in more builds.

Support/Tablet Line

Adept: Serene Rejuvination: Natural Harmony now grants Alacrity and Swiftness.

Master: Invoking Harmony: Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after using Natural harmony. Cast Natural Harmony on yourself when swapping legends.This buff can now stack in such a way so it does compensate for the missing tranquil balance factor i will remove. Only when using ventari for longer periods this factor will play a role but it will improve ventari heal performance. This factor does not have an affect on the rev.

GM: Natural Abundance: Create energy Fragments arround Ventaris Tablet when using a Legendary Centaur Skill. Picking up a fragment increases incoming healing for a short duration. Note: This factor does affect the rev, the individual that picks up the fragment gets the bonus, so it can be used supportively or defensively.

On the support Line i wanted to go full on Ventari buff mode so i changed some traits to interact better with eachother and i moved the increased healing power to the fragments for more interplay instead of blunt numbers.

Root-Utility LineAdept: Act with Wisdom: Interuppting a foe immobilizes them. Immobilizing a foe grants a small portion of energy.

Master: Nourishing Roots:Immobilizing an enemy will grant a small heal and regeneration arround them. The next attack of allies will apply Immob after swapping legends.This does also affect the revenant. Number of targets 5.

GM:Momentary Pacification: Elite Skills now are blast finishers and Immob your foes on use.The delay is now shortened so it will trigger faster. The immob is now a root that does not deal dmg but will pulse Immob 3 times before despawning. It will hit up to 5 targets.

Tanky Line:

Adept: Hardened Foundation:Gain Toughness. Gain healing power and vitality based on your toughness.

Master:Tranquil Benediction: Orbs of staff now cleanse conditions from you, if you dont have conditions it will apply aegis instead.

Preserving Amplification:Incoming Dmg and condition duration is reduced under the health threshhold. Under 75%.Gain increased outgoing healing and healing power above the healththreshold. Above 66%.Both are active in between so there is a tactical sweet spot an enemy should avoid.

Feel free to critizes, i made these out of pure boredom, hope you have a good read.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:@"Pterikdactyl.7630"

so i worked a bit on ventari traits and looked a bit what it could bring to the table.sometimes i just improved existing traits and gave them more use/flavor.

1. Tablet Focussed
  2. Tanky CC
  3. Tankish Support Line

I made some modifiers baseline as minors to grant salvation a use ouside of ventari just to increase healing percentage for i.e glint tanks etc.

Minors:Eluding Nullification: As is but as a minor. So you can cleanse condis easily without losing a major choice.Disarming Riposte: Same effect but you also gain a small portion of endurance when blinding a foe.Blinding Truth: Same Effect just as a minor which gives these more uses in more builds.

Support/Tablet Line

Master: Invoking Harmony: Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after using Natural harmony. Cast Natural Harmony on yourself when swapping legends.This buff can now stack in such a way so it does compensate for the missing tranquil balance factor i will remove. Only when using ventari for longer periods this factor will play a role but it will improve ventari heal performance. This factor does not have an affect on the rev.

GM: Natural Abundance: Create energy Fragments arround Ventaris Tablet when using a Legendary Centaur Skill. Picking up a fragment increases incoming healing for a short duration. Note: This factor does affect the rev, the individual that picks up the fragment gets the bonus, so it can be used supportively or defensively.

On the support Line i wanted to go full on Ventari buff mode so i changed some traits to interact better with eachother and i moved the increased healing power to the fragments for more interplay instead of blunt numbers.

Root-Utility LineAdept: Act with Wisdom: Interuppting a foe immobilizes them. Immobilizing a foe grants a small portion of energy.

Master: Nourishing Roots:Immobilizing an enemy will grant a small heal and regeneration arround them. The next attack of allies will apply Immob after swapping legends.This does also affect the revenant. Number of targets 5.

GM:Momentary Pacification: Elite Skills now are blast finishers and Immob your foes on use.The delay is now shortened so it will trigger faster. The immob is now a root that does not deal dmg but will pulse Immob 3 times before despawning. It will hit up to 5 targets.

Tanky Line:

Adept: Hardened Foundation:Gain Toughness. Gain healing power and vitality based on your toughness.

Master:Tranquil Benediction: Orbs of staff now cleanse conditions from you, if you dont have conditions it will apply aegis instead.

Preserving Amplification:Incoming Dmg and condition duration is reduced under the health threshhold. Under 75%.Gain increased outgoing healing and healing power above the healththreshold. Above 66%.Both are active in between so there is a tactical sweet spot an enemy should avoid.

Feel free to critizes, i made these out of pure boredom, hope you have a good read.

like your directions but some can be too op . healing orb give aegis???? common every 2 sec you could cleanse 2 conditions.... too opbut keep the good work and thoughts

@InsaneQR.7412 said:@"Pterikdactyl.7630"

1. Tablet Focussed
  2. Tanky CC
  3. Tankish Support Line

Support/Tablet Line

Tanky Line:

Mind explaining how you envision the Natural Harmony buff working? How long would thr buff last? How potent is it? How much would it stack? My problem with it being a buff is that it promotes spamming NH if you want bigger numbers, and Alacrity on it already encourages spamming it if you want good uptime, which I personally dislike.

Mind explaining how you envision the Natural Harmony buff working? How long would thr buff last? How potent is it? How much would it stack? My problem with it being a buff is that it promotes spamming NH if you want bigger numbers, and Alacrity on it already encourages spamming it if you want good uptime, which I personally dislike.

Long Lasting with about 2% increase. Max is the 20% is scrapped from another trait.Ventaris healing is reliant on the positioning of the tablet and NHs healing. targets affected by the heal get the buff so they get more heals from all sources that steadily increases the more you have to heal them with NH. This way they need less healing with NH on long periods but you still need to heal them often at the start when they go low. This needs some attention at the beginning of fights but is more energy friendly in long ones.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Long Lasting with about 2% increase. Max is the 20% is scrapped from another trait.Ventaris healing is reliant on the positioning of the tablet and NHs healing. targets affected by the heal get the buff so they get more heals from all sources that steadily increases the more you have to heal them with NH. This way they need less healing with NH on long periods but you still need to heal them often at the start when they go low. This needs some attention at the beginning of fights but is more energy friendly in long ones.

That's a potentially really cool idea as it would offer a unique "buff" for Ventari, which I am all for. However, a potentially perma-20% incoming healing modifier may be too much since it would affect heals from other sources. Maybe cap at 10% and redistribute the remainder to another trait? Perhaps a minor. Other classes have healing modifier buffs but can't keep them up permanently.

I also like your addition to Invoking Harmony a lot. Would this only affect the self or allies as well?

That's a potentially really cool idea as it would offer a unique "buff" for Ventari, which I am all for. However, a potentially perma-20% incoming healing modifier may be too much since it would affect heals from other sources. Maybe cap at 10% and redistribute the remainder to another trait? Perhaps a minor. Other classes have healing modifier buffs but can't keep them up permanently.

I also like your addition to Invoking Harmony a lot. Would this only affect the self or allies as well?

Probably only allies.Only thing that increases your own incoming healing and that of yourself is the buff that the fragments give when you pick them up.This should be a short buff but gives the fullon bonus right away.

Basically i tried to build the modifiers into more engaging traits.

@messiah.1908 said:like your directions but some can be too op . healing orb give aegis???? common every 2 sec you could cleanse 2 conditions.... too opbut keep the good work and thoughts

I get why i could be to OP, but why 2 conditionsin 2s? I did not mention any number and i thought about 1 condition per orb and 1s aegis (maybe if this is reasonable) if you have no conditions.Aegis does not stack so it would be gone after one block and a good placed condi bomb would still give trouble, but it would atleast give some options to pick against condis.

Archived