250 Black Lion Chest | Opening + Results | 5200g+ Loot (3000g from skin)

Hi all, just opened 250 Black Lion Chest.I bought them with ingame gold (4000g), few days ago with Key -20% from gemstore.You can see the opening & results on the video.

Here are the loot :

• 2 Platinum Node (200g)
  • 16 Bloodstone Skin (400g)
  • 4 Tormented Skin (200g)
  • 21 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock (1300g)
  • 6 Guaranteed Armor Unlock
  • 12 Guaranteed Weapon Unlock (1700g)
  • 94 Dyes (around 200g)
  • Minis/T6/Mats (around 400g)
  • Trash (200g to NPC)
  • 7 Black Lion Ticket (around 400g)
  • Fire Breathing Package
  • 28 Teleport to Friend
  • 34 Resurrection Orb——Around 5200g (3000g from Skin Unlock)Cost : 4000g

It is not profitable because among the 5200g, 3000g are from skin, and among them I did not wanted most of them.Was expected, just wanted to gamble :)

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Because Unlock wardrobe matters!

For a lot of people, they most certainly do.

For everybody, except that when they are used to say "golds earned from blc" it's like a scam for the viewer, because it's not something you can sell.

Again, that depends on your perspective. Those who are attempting to unlock every single dye in the game are going to value the gold "not spent" every bit as much as they get from selling unneeded items.

I agree that the OP could have been more thoughtful in phrasing their post. They could have said, "5000g worth of unlocks" rather than "5000g." But you wrote, "it's like a scam" and "clickbait results", which imputes an intent to deceive, rather than a mistake in using too much hyperbole, something that's common among amateur bloggers and forum enthusiasts.

Why not simply ask the OP to change the title so it's less misleading? Especially since the OP probably agrees with you in principle about the amount of principal that dropped.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

For everybody, except that when they are used to say "golds earned from blc" it's like a scam for the viewer, because it's not something you can sell.

Again, that depends on your perspective. Those who are attempting to unlock every single dye in the game are going to value the gold "not spent" every bit as much as they get from selling unneeded items.

I agree that the OP could have been more thoughtful in phrasing their post. They could have said, "5000g worth of unlocks" rather than "5000g." But you wrote, "it's like a scam" and "clickbait results", which imputes an intent to deceive, rather than a mistake in using too much hyperbole, something that's common among amateur bloggers and forum enthusiasts.

Why not simply ask the OP to change the title so it's less misleading? Especially since the OP probably agrees with you in principle about the amount of principal that dropped.

Dude, check all videos on tube and relative comments ( when a gw2 youtuber tries to clickbait ).It's not me or somebody else, but the world.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I've spent a lot of time unlocking as many non-exclusive skins as possible, so that the Wardrobe Unlocks are valuable to me. If said Unlocks are worth 3000 Gold, then that's 3000 Gold I don't have earn and spend. Not sure why it's considered worth less.

It's more appropriate to say that you value them at 3000g. They're certainly not worth it. Something that is worth an amount of money can be sold for that amount of money. That's the meaning of "worth" when it relates to money specifically.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I've spent a lot of time unlocking as many non-exclusive skins as possible, so that the Wardrobe Unlocks are valuable to me. If said Unlocks are worth 3000 Gold, then that's 3000 Gold I don't have earn and spend. Not sure why it's considered worth less.

It's more appropriate to say that you value them at 3000g. They're certainly not worth it. Something that is worth an amount of money can be sold for that amount of money. That's the meaning of "worth" when it relates to money specifically.

For you, perhaps, not for all. And, I was referring more to the Weapon/Outfit/Armor Gem Store/Black Lion skins, anyway. (Otherwise, why post about unlocking the easily accessible skins beforehand?)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I've spent a lot of time unlocking as many non-exclusive skins as possible, so that the Wardrobe Unlocks are valuable to me. If said Unlocks are worth 3000 Gold, then that's 3000 Gold I don't have earn and spend. Not sure why it's considered worth less.

For you, perhaps, not for all. And, I was referring more to the Weapon/Outfit/Armor Gem Store/Black Lion skins, anyway. (Otherwise, why post about unlocking the easily accessible skins beforehand?)

No, not just for me. Worth isn't relative. Unlocks you can't sell have no worth. That's an absolute.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I've spent a lot of time unlocking as many non-exclusive skins as possible, so that the Wardrobe Unlocks are valuable to me. If said Unlocks are worth 3000 Gold, then that's 3000 Gold I don't have earn and spend. Not sure why it's considered worth less.

No, not just for me. Worth isn't relative. Unlocks you can't sell have no worth. That's an absolute.

Any unlock I get that I didn't have to get from the TP has "worth" to me because I "saved" that much gold for something else.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Dude, check all videos on tube and relative comments ( when a gw2 youtuber tries to clickbait ).It's not me or somebody else, but the world.

It's important to understand the difference between 'gold' and 'value'. Even though they didn't earn that in gold, the value of the items they obtained was worth the stated value.

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's important to understand the difference between 'gold' and 'value'. Even though they didn't earn that in gold, the value of the items they obtained was worth the stated value.

"Value" is a matter of perspective.

• 3000g = cost of unlocking all the skins by purchasing via TP or gem shop. (Presuming the OP's math was correct).
  • 5775g = the cost of buying 250 keys on the gem shop directly, retail
  • 4620g = 20% discount cost
  • ~1000g = cost of unlocking the skins the OP actually likes

But the only important value is what the OP placed on the purchase in the first place

just wanted to gamble :)

Which is the only reason to buy the keys (in my opinion): pay for the excitement of hoping to roll something good. If you want specific things, buy them directly (which sometimes includes waiting until they are available to buy directly).

Archived