Requesting a diagnostics on account

My 1v1 game play works perfectly normal in a guild arena, pvp arena, but when I go into wvw as of late its like my avatar is melting in seconds like I'm in starter gear or something (which is not the case). Its the same for all my avatars except my mesmer who is pretty hard to hit but her condi is also acting like wet paper damage. As I said they work great in the guildhall arena and pvp arena but in wvw its like there is an unseen penalty. World Pve also seems to be ok, but all I really like to do these days is wvw. In fact its the only reason I log in and continue to support the game with my wallet. To be fair I do not have great internet. Broadband, and because of location I have no other choice for another provider. So I'm asking if something can be done to help or am I just out of luck?

The first thing that comes to mind is your build. PvE, WvW, and PvP all have their own build set-ups. PvP obviously doesn't count your personal gear and, instead, takes your stats from your amulet, and then you pick the build (traits and skills) you want to use and set it up in PvP. WvW and PvE share the same type of set-up (both use your personal gear), but you have to set your build for each game mode. Do you have your desired build (traits, skills) set up on your character in WvW?

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:The first thing that comes to mind is your build. PvE, WvW, and PvP all have their own build set-ups. PvP obviously doesn't count your personal gear and, instead, takes your stats from your amulet, and then you pick the build (traits and skills) you want to use and set it up in PvP. WvW and PvE share the same type of set-up (both use your personal gear), but you have to set your build for each game mode. Do you have your desired build (traits, skills) set up on your character in WvW?

Yes. I'm a pretty avid wvw'er and I check that stuff, and I also run several meta builds. This change is recent like within the last month and it doesn't seem to happen in the guild arena where I'm using exactly what I play in wvw (food, utilities, gear) when I test against other classes and builds. Its a mystery to me :/.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:That's so strange. Maybe try contacting support with your request for a diagnostic?

You're right. I should have just wrote a ticket. Its been a long while since I an issue with the game and I just wasn't thinking :/. On a bright note they have a great support team here, and they usually figure it out if its withing their power. If all else maybe they can give me some advise.

There's builds out there that do 20k+ (40k if your light on armor) in one shot. Unlike in sPvP and PvE your fighting players who are not restricted on their builds so the builds get pretty powerful. Condi is also a pretty well used thing in WvW so most people bring cleanse/resistance.

I don't know how anet sorts it's account data, but its highly unlikely that something is corrupting it to make all your characters fragile.

@Kamara.4187 said:My 1v1 game play works perfectly normal in a guild arena, pvp arena, but when I go into wvw as of late its like my avatar is melting in seconds like I'm in starter gear or something (which is not the case). Its the same for all my avatars except my mesmer who is pretty hard to hit but her condi is also acting like wet paper damage. As I said they work great in the guildhall arena and pvp arena but in wvw its like there is an unseen penalty. World Pve also seems to be ok, but all I really like to do these days is wvw. In fact its the only reason I log in and continue to support the game with my wallet. To be fair I do not have great internet. Broadband, and because of location I have no other choice for another provider. So I'm asking if something can be done to help or am I just out of luck?

OP, i remember in the previous forum there was a player that complained that whenever he/she logged in WvW, the maps would start acting weird and freezing for everyone.Someone from Anet eventually found it to be true and fixed it.I wonder if there are other accounts of that nature still floating around.That said, i also seem to find my female human guardian lags the most out of all my characters.

Archived