[Question] Does Sigil of Impact proc on Deadeye stun trait?

Ghost.5637

Unable to test right now, but I want to know how Sigil of Impact (+10% damage against stunned/impared targets) works with deadeye trait unforgiving (first attack against a newly marked target will stun for 1 sec).

My question: Does the damage proc on the same hit that stuns? Or does it only proc after the target has been stunned?

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:Unable to test right now, but I want to know how Sigil of Impact (+10% damage against stunned/impared targets) works with deadeye trait unforgiving (first attack against a newly marked target will stun for 1 sec).

My question: Does the damage proc on the same hit that stuns? Or does it only proc after the target has been stunned?

@AikijinX.6258 used to run it with Para sigil I believe. I don't know if it counts for the shot that stuns, but with the 30% duration you can get in some shots on the stunned target.

the damage is increased if the target is stunned when you hit, so does the stun from the trait apply before or after the hit ?most procs are applied after the hit that procs them, but there are also exceptions to this like the rune of durability proc applies the boons before the hit that procs them for some weird reason. if the stun is also applied before the hit, then it will increase the damage - my guess it is not working, would need to test it tho.

if you want that for your d/p DE for higher backstabs you could cast stolen skill while executing backstab then you will also get revealed malice before the backstab and if you got it traited revealed training will also apply.

Pretty much what MUDse said. AFAIK, all procs happen as a consequence of a hit landing and do not get applied to a given hit unless the condition is met prior.

It often gets run with SoH's Daze for a DJ, or to work with TRB spam because the hits come out faster and the second two hits will be affected in the first cast.

@MUDse.7623 said:the damage is increased if the target is stunned when you hit, so does the stun from the trait apply before or after the hit ?most procs are applied after the hit that procs them, but there are also exceptions to this like the rune of durability proc applies the boons before the hit that procs them for some weird reason. if the stun is also applied before the hit, then it will increase the damage - my guess it is not working, would need to test it tho.

Good point. I'll play around with it when i'm able and post my results if it's not answered before then.

if you want that for your d/p DE for higher backstabs you could cast stolen skill while executing backstab then you will also get revealed malice before the backstab and if you got it traited revealed training will also apply.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i'll have to test this. Thought never crossed my mind that you could could precast backstab then reveal before it hits for extra procs. I run quickness on mark so i'll have to be real fast on that stolen skill

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:the damage is increased if the target is stunned when you hit, so does the stun from the trait apply before or after the hit ?most procs are applied after the hit that procs them, but there are also exceptions to this like the rune of durability proc applies the boons before the hit that procs them for some weird reason. if the stun is also applied before the hit, then it will increase the damage - my guess it is not working, would need to test it tho.

Good point. I'll play around with it when i'm able and post my results if it's not answered before then.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i'll have to test this. Thought never crossed my mind that you could could precast backstab then reveal before it hits for extra procs. I run quickness on mark so i'll have to be real fast on that stolen skill

You'll probably set your internal clock after a couple of set ups between stolen skill and Backstab cast times and I don't think the quickness will throw you off at that point. I get Revealed malice and training from either Mug with Cursed Bullet landing right after or in reverse order depending on range under quickness and even close up the skill queue seems to get what I'm trying to do usually as long as I let muscle memory keep time like playing the piano or something. The only time that kind of tightly packed opener seems to mess up is if I try to repair it after thinking something in the line didn't activate.

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, you can do this with Revealed Training with Mug on core thief in the middle of the backstab animation as well. Another reason D/P has been dominant over D/D even on the OHKO signet builds since it can stealth into the precast at range to get better alignment for the teleport.

Applicable for ranged attacks as well. In the case of D/D play, you can CnD -> step back -> Dancing Dagger mid-flight backstab animation -> Mug and proc RT for Backstab and either Mug or DDagger depending on your preference when you time the F1. If you were fast and timed things well, you could also do this with Head Shot on D/P, and if you really wanted to get fancy, during its travel time to proc PI into the reveal for the combo of RT bonus for the backstab, Mug damage, and second PI from either SoH or a mid-flightt Headshot.

Archived