black lion key from the lvl 10 story missions

i have been trying to get some black lion keys becouse i have a ton of chests i want to open but i do not have the gold to spend to open them becouse of legendary stuff i am working on. every day i have been trying to do a run with a toon to do the lvl 10 story so i can get some keys but after the first try i have not goten a single key for like a week so whats up with this? is it a bug or have you just made this so i can only get one key per week? i would like to know so i can get some more keys .

I have a couple of friends who also do the following each week:

• Level the same character to 35 L37, so that the toon reaches L40 in time to do that story (which offers another key).
  • If they have time, level the character to L80 and do Dry Top (a very quick map and a ~20-30% chance of another key).

This only makes sense if you have lots of leveling scrolls and Tomes of Knowledge, so that reach L37 or L80 takes a minute or three.

edit: thanks to @Dapper Shark.4958 for pointing out that you need to boost to L37 to guarantee L40 by the time you've finished the L30 instances.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I have a couple of friends who also do the following each week:

• Level the same character to ~35, so that the toon reaches L40 in time to do that story (which offers another key).
  • If they have time, level the character to L80 and do Dry Top (a very quick map and a ~20-30% chance of another key).

This only makes sense if you have lots of leveling scrolls and Tomes of Knowledge, so that reach L35 or L80 takes a minute or three.

Dry Top, Bloodstone Fen, Silverwastes (if you can time it for the end of a meta to get the locked poi and HP) are all super fast completes.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I have a couple of friends who also do the following each week:

• Level the same character to ~35, so that the toon reaches L40 in time to do that story (which offers another key).

This only makes sense if you have lots of leveling scrolls and Tomes of Knowledge, so that reach L35 or L80 takes a minute or three.

I tome-level (or birthday scroll when I have them) to 37 every week. The 37 is because I have a set of lvl 37 exotic levelling gear. Playing until the 2nd key, at the level 40 story, is pretty fast now we have mounts to race across the maps. There's also a karma booster in the level-up rewards at 38, which is nice.

one flaw with this is you only gain 3-4 levels from the personal story so you really want to level to about 37 ish as someone else mentioned

@Dapper Shark.4958 said:

one flaw with this is you only gain 3-4 levels from the personal story so you really want to level to about 37 ish as someone else mentioned

Ah ok. Since I don't do this myself, I didn't remember the level. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix it in my post above.

Archived