Druids, Spellbreakers and Holosmiths

Math.5123

With all the mesmer hate going around, I'd like to give ArenaNet some proper gratitude. Great job on nerfing these classes down to a level of play that they actually require half a brain to do well on. The 3 second Signet of Stone makes such a big difference, same with Last Stand being 90 second cooldown.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:With all the mesmer hate going around, I'd like to give ArenaNet some proper gratitude. Great job on nerfing these classes down to a level of play that they actually require half a brain to do well on. The 3 second Signet of Stone makes such a big difference, same with Last Stand being 90 second cooldown.

Holosmith is still virtually as strong as it was, lol. It's just more vulnerable to the same things it was already vulnerable to.

It's just not the flavor of the month that mesmer is right now.

This patch would have been the best we have seen in a long time if they understood how broken post-rework mes is.

@Vegrant.7206

Holosmith is only just as good against people who don't know how to fight holosmith. The big nerf to Holo was not the damage, but the loss of free stability. CCE no longer producing ~80% stab uptime means you can now interrupt them as long as you don't get hit by corona, and that's a huge difference. I've been dunking legendary holos simply by knocking them out of their PF2-5 combo. It's still a playable class, but no longer unfair.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:This patch would have been the best we have seen in a long time if they understood how broken post-rework mes is.

@Vegrant.7206

Holosmith is only just as good against people who don't know how to fight holosmith. The big nerf to Holo was not the damage, but the loss of free stability. CCE no longer producing ~80% stab uptime means you can now interrupt them as long as you don't get hit by corona, and that's a huge difference. I've been dunking legendary holos simply by knocking them out of their PF2-5 combo. It's still a playable class, but no longer unfair.

The damage nerf, except for the bugginess with the auto chain now (thanks ANet! Engineer gets more bugs with our bugfixes), was comparable to most other classes. The stability nerf was the big part, so of course I noticed that. The difference now is just that holos are slightly more vulnerable in 1v1s and against ranged combat, both of which they were already somewhat vulnerable to.

But much of what made it powerful is still around.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:This patch would have been the best we have seen in a long time if they understood how broken post-rework mes is.

@Vegrant.7206

The damage nerf, except for the bugginess with the auto chain now (thanks ANet! Engineer gets more bugs with our bugfixes), was comparable to most other classes. The stability nerf was the big part, so of course I noticed that. The difference now is just that holos are slightly more vulnerable in 1v1s and against ranged combat, both of which they were already somewhat vulnerable to.

But much of what made it powerful is still around.

The biggest part. No doubt is the stability. The might is also pretty big.Missing a Dodge no longer results in losing 40% of one's life either. But with the conversion Holo, that wasn't really that big of an issue to begin with.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Druids, Spellbreakers, and Holosmiths...still hit hard as eff and mobile as eff...well druids with their pets hit good enough but their sos "nerf" is is buff if you have half a brain

which class do you play? if you still lose to druid,holo and spellbreaker forever, change your build or learn to play with your class, then accept to stay in the silver and bronze tier.

Holo's seem to have a lot more sustain this season. And I don't see any mines. What build is good for holo that everyone's running with all this sustain and insane damage?

Not to mention the constant knockbacks, interrupts, and gap closers. They seem like they're in a pretty good place right now.

Haven't seen that many spellbreakers this season though. And druid is just annoying like always. lol The hardest thing about druids is when they build for a lot of stealth and regen their entire health bar in one stealth.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Holo's seem to have a lot more sustain this season. And I don't see any mines. What build is good for holo that everyone's running with all this sustain and insane damage?

Not to mention the constant knockbacks, interrupts, and gap closers. They seem like they're in a pretty good place right now.

Haven't seen that many spellbreakers this season though. And druid is just annoying like always. lol The hardest thing about druids is when they build for a lot of stealth and regen their entire health bar in one stealth.

This is the build Marvin and I made for holo:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUB1IjVWBmIDcJjlKDL86EW+KiLjAQ4pPD+BHhA-j5wHABiv/AAPAA7LDAA

This is my personal setup that I've been playing with for awhile:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBtbh1IDmIDcJjl7jqvq36vW8A2oOKciCgNB-jJxHQBB8CAQvyAA4BAsj9HAA

@Ario.8964 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Holo's seem to have a lot more sustain this season. And I don't see any mines. What build is good for holo that everyone's running with all this sustain and insane damage?

This is the build Marvin and I made for holo:

This is my personal setup that I've been playing with for awhile:

Tried this out tonight and it has nice sustain. Only complaint I have is that it isn’t as high damage as I’ve seen from others but I’m not very experienced with holo and might be that I’m just not comboing things very well. Great condi cleanse though!

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:holo is way too tanky and forgiving, firebrand still op, so is scourge

I hardly ever see firebrands anymore though. Just core guard which seems a lot more op than firebrand, at least in terms of sustain and damage.

Recently more people have been utilizing this build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBFJj1IDmIDcJjlKDTcZEACPjfg0T7pPD+BHhA-jJxHABiv/AAPAAlvAAXXGAA

Archived