Chuka and Champawat collection: The Hunter's Journal entry 13 bugged — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Chuka and Champawat collection: The Hunter's Journal entry 13 bugged

The tiger is stuck on the edge of the cliff and cant be targeted and is not allowing me to finish the entry. Its been like this for a few hours.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same for me. I've experienced the error yesterday allready and wrote a bug report. For me i couldn't even talk to the remains and the tiger was allready stuck at the cliff.
    Today i got a new instance of the map and was able to "start" the event and trying to kill the tiger but at around 50% he ran away and got stuck again.

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭

Same for me i cant kill the tiger is stuck on the edge of the cliff and cant be targeted please fix it :scream:

• Which map is this on?

Content Designer

• Hydrolicious.7928Hydrolicious.7928 Member ✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    Which map is this on?

The end of the jumping puzzle in Diessa plateau

• Thanks! I'm testing a fix now, once it's verified by our QA team it'll show up in a future content update.

Content Designer

• still bugged

• @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    it'll show up in a future content update.

We have to wait, till the next update. Hopefully its at tuesday next week

• Future content update? When is that going to be? Anet cannot expect the players to wait weeks for a bug fix :(
    The HoT Legendaries take long enough without these issues...
    This collection was fun until i reached Diessa, with a chilling Champawat, not impressed at all. Sigh :,(

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Liviell.4527 said:
    Future content update? When is that going to be? Anet cannot expect the players to wait weeks for a bug fix :(
    The HoT Legendaries take long enough without these issues...
    This collection was fun until i reached Diessa, with a chilling Champawat, not impressed at all. Sigh :,(

Do you remember fishing event and mount maelstrom mastery point? That should give you the idea.....

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Jenny.7806Jenny.7806 Member ✭✭

Tiger stuck near cliff by the chest at the end of the Crimson Plateau jumping puzzle in Diessa Plateau. Cannot target it at all. The round icon indicating a tiger related clue was visible on a dead cow there until you get really close, The it disappears and the yellow boss icon appears over the tiger, but the tiger cannot be targeted or attacked. So, completed stuck with no way to proceed with the collection :(

• Yesterday I made some sort of "progress"... Champawat wasn't staring down on me from the cliff, so I thought "Hooray, unbugged, let's do this!". As I arrived, she appeared and I was actually able to fight her.. till 50%, then she went "nope", ran to the edge of the cliff and enjoyed the landscape again, unable to target her :(

• Tried this morning, when I got to her she was staring down the cliff but I was unable to engage her. Hopefully they will get a fix in pretty quick.

• The bug is still there. I am extremely disappointed. How does kitten like this get bugged when you haven't touched this map in forever. You do a balance patch on the classes and you break half your maps? How do you expect players to farm for your legendary weapons when this happens. I am extremely disappointed, fix this soon!

• Seeing this still on 34.228.109.134. Please close the map and start a new instance for us.

• And it's still there... sent a third report already but nothing is happening. I am extremely disappointed, the hype for this collection is defenitely over.

• Luckily when I got up there I was able to click on the Sign then the Legendary Champawat spawned. I fought it 'til it was 48% then it ran back to the edge of the cliff.

• FIX YOUR GAME!

• Been more than a week now, still bugged everytime i check.

• Can confirm still bugged. Contacted support maybe they can do something for me. This halts any progress I can make on the collection. So sad...

• I can confirm that is still bugged right now. I contacted the support too. Seems like everyone must be away from the jumping puzzle for like 10 minutes.

• Hydrolicious.7928Hydrolicious.7928 Member ✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018

It wont matter if the map resets, you start it again the same glitch will happen. Tons of bug reports in game and on this forum and has been reported for almost 2 weeks now. Anet hasnt done anything to fix this simple glitch that is preventing an entire collection from progression... I know anet's team is small, but a bug like this which should not take that much time to fix should not take a week to even achknowledge.

• they should just give us the item if we can prove we have done it lke honestly. I understand not wanting to push a hotfix and wanting to wait for next patch, but please dont keep us who are actually doing the collection waiting...

• Fix is live, based on today's patch notes. Progress, at last!

Diessa Plateau: Fixed a bug in the "Defeat the Legendary Tigers" event that caused Champawat to flee but never complete the event.

• Experiencing the bug since yesterday (it was daily crimson plateau yesterday)
    60c10c79bdb9da619a6a447481a23928.jpg

• : ( I just ran through it 5 times with no issues.

Content Designer

• Experiencing the bug today - i'm not able to finish this entry. Champawat is just facing the cliff with no possible interaction.

• same issue today....rellay anet cant fix this? i cant believe the several months players are waiting for this fix....

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭

@murillator.2849 said:
    same issue today....rellay anet cant fix this? i cant believe the several months players are waiting for this fix....

I wonder which IP and if you are NA or EU as I did that part of the collection on the 17th and 18th (NA) and didn't experience the bug. I hope it gets resolved for you.

• I did all parts for the journal yesterday (5/18) with no problems at all. Now if the the Snowden Drifts meta would just work, I could finish part 1.

• @Zushada.6108 said:

@murillator.2849 said:
    same issue today....rellay anet cant fix this? i cant believe the several months players are waiting for this fix....

I wonder which IP and if you are NA or EU as I did that part of the collection on the 17th and 18th (NA) and didn't experience the bug. I hope it gets resolved for you.

im from EU, im trying all ways to get it but the tiger is untouchable.....

• Run into this bug just now. Someone must have already done the event, and the tiger wasn't targetable but just staring at the edge of the cliff. Also as I approached, the symbol on top of the bull disappeared before I could select it myself. I'm from EU too, if that makes any difference.

• Stinger.4120Stinger.4120 Member ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2018

Still bugged. the tiger wasn't targetable. IP - 52.29.155.55
    Can you close this map?

EDIT: On the new map all ok with tiger.

• Bug is still there now, I'm stuck on it too. Sent a ticket, but can't get the tiger to shift. So frustrating.

• IP - 52.44.29.227 CLOSE THIS MAP PLZ

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can confirm that the bug isn't gone.

• Issue is back on server 35.173. 85.42

• Got the same issue on 52.59.109.190

• amortito.1904amortito.1904 Member ✭✭

this bug is still around........... on EU server............. cant progress at all and kind of frustrating to see that its been around for a long time now since March 2019. Please fix Anet.

• Still there for me aswell, can't carry on with the collection. Sent a ticket, but issue is still there.

• Had this issue as well, even opened a separate topic on this matter ( I apologise for the duplicate)

I went to check now and it seems that the event reset itself and I managed to spawn Champawat and finish the Journal entry. Would recommend for you guys to give it a go now.

• same problem, still bugged

• Junior.3928Junior.3928 Member ✭✭

2 Years later and this is still a thing. It's ok, it's my fault for thinking otherwise.

• Lydia.7913Lydia.7913 Member ✭✭

I'm in the same boat. Would love to progress, but can't.

• At least I'm not the only one who's had this issue. If I had known it would have been this big of a pain, I would have picked a different legendary. I shouldn't have to look up bug reports for major undertakings in the game before I do them, but I guess from now on I'll be sure to.

Anet, please fix this. I submitted a bug report late yesterday evening, hopefully you'll see one of these and respond.

@notop.9612 said:
    I shouldn't have to look up bug reports for major undertakings in the game before I do them, but I guess from now on I'll be sure to.

Anet, please fix this. I submitted a bug report late yesterday evening, hopefully you'll see one of these and respond.

"The hunter's bane" is bugged as well, the required event never triggers (unless the map resets or gets overflown resulting a new instance) and that has been an issue since 2016. Honestly the bow is not worth the bother at this point. I don't want to start another legendary in fear of encountering other bugs that diminish your efforts, since obviously they're not being fixed.

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

I just did all today in one go. No issues

• Lydia.7913Lydia.7913 Member ✭✭

Can confirm was able to successfully complete today. Either anet did something or the bugged map IP closed. Or anet closed the bugged map IP, lol.

edited March 28, 2020

Same champawat developed an appetite over the days and finally attacked, however no such luck with The hunters bane.
    EDIT: Anet has solved the hunters bane issue for me and managed to progress to the next stage.

• I have the same issue as Junior.3928 been stuck since march 25th, sent a bug report but no reply. Could it be possible to send me the Hunter's Bane. Thank you Anet...

• 35.156.132.82 bugged. Report sent