Patch feedback

BeLZedaR.4790

This patch was in the right direction, and overal mostly hit the issuess, but it failed on a couple of things for me:

• mesmer as in chrono/mirage are still overtuned. More importantly, they’re even more overtuned in a relative perspective despite dropping in raw power. Other classes were nerfed more.Mostly with their quickness uptime and high defenses. Having essentially perma quickness makes it much harder to avoid its damage while still having great defences, making them hard to counter pressure.

• Renegade still never usable ever since its release. And this patch did absolutely nothing for it either.

• Scourge is still conflicting with the role of core necro. Not saying scourge should be nerfed more, I think they might be in a good spot now, but not as their intended support role. And core necro needs some love to be the condition necro spec (core shroud especially).

• tempest needed some love. Its healing is so outclasses behind firebrand that despite doing some damage and having auras it’s never worth it.

• Berserker should be buffed a bit aswell imo. RN its just straight up worse than core warr in power, and its not good enough in condi (intended role).

• Same goes for scrappers and dhs. All are slightly UP compared to current powerlevels, even of their own core classes, not to mention their metabuilds. Potentially things could be brought down to their powerlevel as a much harder but imo better solution.

• Deadeye I feel they should just remove DJ so that it can be buffed slightly without being broken cancer. I think it limits the design.

Those are the points that could be improved for next patch imo.The most important one to me is the mesmer one, which really needs kind of a “hotfix” as its gamebreaking for anyone not mesmer.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

• Berserker should be buffed a bit aswell imo. RN its just straight up worse than core warr in power, and its not good enough in condi (intended role).
  • Same goes for scrappers and dhs. All are slightly UP compared to current powerlevels, even of their own core classes, not to mention their metabuilds. Potentially things could be brought down to their powerlevel as a much harder but imo better solution.

yes pls

feels like a solid summary. The only thing i don´t care too much is base classes. While they should be well usable to learn and in bronze/silver i don´t feel it necessary that they are on the same level as Elite specs. But all elite (HoT and PoF) should be on a meta level.

@Toron.4856 said:Can we have like a hotfix for mesmers? Like a spontaneous balance patch dedicated to nerfing mesmers? Me and 99.98% of the community would appreciate.

Unfortunately, mesmers would have to be nerfed to hell in other to keep people who QQ the most satisfied. People like yourself are not interested in giving constructive suggestions how to balance the class better. All you want it to be nerfed into the ground so your own class/classes could have a clear advantage over it.

@Nappa.1904 said:

@Toron.4856 said:Can we have like a hotfix for mesmers? Like a spontaneous balance patch dedicated to nerfing mesmers? Me and 99.98% of the community would appreciate.

Unfortunately, mesmers would have to be nerfed to hell in other to keep people who QQ the most satisfied. People like yourself are not interested in giving constructive suggestions how to balance the class better. All you want it to be nerfed into the ground so your own class/classes could have a clear advantage over it.

Not really lolLike if elusive mind wouldn't stun break id be more than statisfied already.

Also ive given tons of feedback,ideas and suggestions in order to balance the classes i play. Basically all besides necro. At some point where u realize it doesnt matter because anet just does what they think is the best and that the best you can do is just moan on forums because its sinply the most effective.

Sad, but true.

@Toron.4856 said:

Not really lolLike if elusive mind wouldn't stun break id be more than statisfied already.

Also ive given tons of feedback,ideas and suggestions in order to balance the classes i play. Basically all besides necro. At some point where u realize it doesnt matter because anet just does what they think is the best and that the best you can do is just moan on forums because its sinply the most effective.

Sad, but true.

Yes, really xdEven when mesmers were absolutely out of meta with their best option being miles behind of what any class could bring, people still cried about portals, moas and being bursted with the most telegraphed combo in the game.

Sadly, Gw2 comunity only understands between a useless dead mesmer, or an OP perma everything worth of pages of tears in forums...

@Ansau.7326 said:

Sad, but true.

Yes, really xdEven when mesmers were absolutely out of meta with their best option being miles behind of what any class could bring, people still cried about portals, moas and being bursted with the most telegraphed combo in the game.

Sadly, Gw2 comunity only understands between a useless dead mesmer, or an OP perma everything worth of pages of tears in forums...

Only time where mesmer was actually "out of meta" was 2013 when real tournaments started. After the very next balance patch few months later it was meta again and since then it was partof the meta comp 90% of the time or at least very viable. Even in the celestial meta it was optimal to play mesmer+thief. Not any single other class except thief and engineer was part in the meta for so long in total.

So to which time exactly you are reffering to?

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

• Renegade still never usable ever since its release. And this patch did absolutely nothing for it either.

Mostly because the approach to buffing Renegade is more miss than hit. Buffing the new legend while it's conceptually the antithesis of a pvp legend in it's design rather than focusing purely on everything that isn't Kalla. Especially the shortbow, because ranged weapon is the one thing condi rev would really want, but Herald can't supply.

• Scourge is still conflicting with the role of core necro. Not saying scourge should be nerfed more, I think they might be in a good spot now, but not as their intended support role. And core necro needs some love to be the condition necro spec (core shroud especially).

Sand Savant is a problem, but I'd also like to see the whole corruption aspect of Scourge taken out and moved to future necro specialization. Punishments could be transformed into skills that rip boons and for every boon ripped make the enemy actually help your allies with their next attack - so, as an example, next attack would also apply barrier to the target.Or expand Feast of Corruption trait into Punishments - where removing a boon with Punishment applies the same boon to allies standing in shades.

As for Death shroud the thing it needs the most is more clear focus. Vanilla Shroud was designed as all-purpose and it still tries to support multiple builds at once. By now, some of those builds have already found new home in elite specializations though so it's time for a change and decision what core shroud is supposed to support the best.

@dominik.9721 said:

Sad, but true.

Only time where mesmer was actually "out of meta" was 2013 when real tournaments started. After the very next balance patch few months later it was meta again and since then it was partof the meta comp 90% of the time or at least very viable. Even in the celestial meta it was optimal to play mesmer+thief. Not any single other class except thief and engineer was part in the meta for so long in total.

Man, we had to wait until HoT and chrono to have viable builds. Before, power shatter was the best and only thing mesmer could offer and it was always outperformed by thief builds.Just because Helseth or Supcutie managed to bring mesmers to top tournaments doesn't mean it was part of the meta, don't know which 90% of comps are you looking at.

@Ansau.7326 said:

Sad, but true.

Mesmer has never been out of meta. They like to reference the times they were only picked at top tier because of portal and moa but they were still picked by successful teams with some frequency. Out of the meta would be current rev and ele that haven't made it past the quarter finals for any of the monthlies since pof dropped, mesmer has never been there.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

Sad, but true.

Mesmer has never been out of meta. They like to reference the times they were only picked at top tier because of portal and moa but they were still picked by successful teams with some frequency. Out of the meta would be current rev and ele that haven't made it past the quarter finals for any of the monthlies since pof dropped, mesmer has never been there.

Before HoT it was out of meta. Only a couple or 3 players took mesmer, but because with it they were outplaying 99.99% of the player base. Also, for those teams to be successful they had to play enitrely around the mesmer and it's rotations.

A build that only succeeded sometimes, under just 2-3 players and required an hermetic and specific team setup cannot be considered meta. Meta was hambow, cele d/d, turret engi... builds that could be put in any comp and be played by anyone and still be successful.

@Ansau.7326 said:

Sad, but true.

Before HoT it was out of meta. Only a couple or 3 players took mesmer, but because with it they were outplaying 99.99% of the player base. Also, for those teams to be successful they had to play enitrely around the mesmer and it's rotations.

A build that only succeeded sometimes, under just 2-3 players and required an hermetic and specific team setup cannot be considered meta. Meta was hambow, cele d/d, turret engi... builds that could be put in any comp and be played by anyone and still be successful.

Yep the turret engi more meta than mesmer alright. Probably minion necro outperformed it aswell.

@Ansau.7326 said:

Sad, but true.

Man, we had to wait until HoT and chrono to have viable builds. Before, power shatter was the best and only thing mesmer could offer and it was always outperformed by thief builds.Just because Helseth or Supcutie managed to bring mesmers to top tournaments doesn't mean it was part of the meta, don't know which 90% of comps are you looking at.

Nearly everyone in EU played mesmer in his team and not only helseth, guess why - because it was meta. Misha in 55HP, Frostball in SALT, Azani in MiM, Helseth in TCG, Drazeh in HOT. Even all the other smaller upcoming teams tried to play with mesmer, because it provided so much advantage.As I said, even in cele meta mesmer+ thief was meta because of the roaming and snowball potential.

Ranger for example had to wait till HoT to become viable with druid (spirit ranger for 3 months excluded) but NOT mesmer. Please. You seem to be completly clueless.But what do I even expect? I mean you talk of hambow and d/d cele in same sentence allthough it were 2 complete different meta times. Saying that turrent engi was viable allthough it was only used in soloq by randoms and not by a single serious team, is the icing on the cake. LMAO

Meta is not settled by which classes randoms pick the most in soloq. It's settled by which classes are optimal when played optimal.

Archived