If exist , maybe its time for warrior community to wake up

kiranslee.4829

I guess looking at patch notes warrior main players are mostly upset.While i do understand where this is coming from, this is highly expected , at least from my point of view.Looking at warrior forum posts, engagement to help out , its really noticeable that this community does not care where things go.Ill go just since SB came out, but its going far back in time .When we got out "elite spec" SB it was really noticeable that spec was generally based on quite few skills and changed almost nothing much from core war spec.One major thing was FC. Ppl started using it and realized that , when used with clueless ppl (pvp/wvw) vise , it was quite strong.Since anet is focused to make game move toward 1111111 and clueless play, this was clearly a problem, well its hard to think, and not attack, god forbid learn to stow weapon in combat.So we got one nerf to Fc, then other , ofc in that time none cared to rise voice and say ,hell u have us daggers that are generally crappy , but hey....So now we got more completely useless nerfs that make little to no sense, and still generally you guys look for straw to make this look still decent.So since this start to look like terrible wall of text and none will read it anyway i wont go into how stances are complete crap, general mechanics of war are block attack block ....Guys wake up, we got to class that will end up playing (pvp/wvw vise mostly) using 1 and 5 and 789 when on cd.

PS.Sword main hand is what , a joke ?Meh , frustration out.

PPS.Maining mirage for few months now, anet and mesmer community care for the class so ye ....

What? The changes are generally very welcome and people enjoy them.

Crappy daggers.. complaining about sword.. do you even play the class or understand why they are used? Lol, they are both good for different reasons. Sword gives access to a lot of mobility with the 2 skill, some immob spam with F1 but it's NOT a pure damage weapon since it is more of a hybrid one. Dagger is good for getting lots of interrupts and boon rip, which is the entire theme of the weapon + some mobility and cc in general. They both serve their purpose.

@Blocki.4931 said:What? The changes are generally very welcome and people enjoy them.

Crappy daggers.. complaining about sword.. do you even play the class or understand why they are used? Lol, they are both good for different reasons. Sword gives access to a lot of mobility with the 2 skill, some immob spam with F1 but it's NOT a pure damage weapon since it is more of a hybrid one. Dagger is good for getting lots of interrupts and boon rip, which is the entire theme of the weapon + some mobility and cc in general. They both serve their purpose.

the only reason to bring sword is to run away, because it sucks. Sword mainhand deals no damage same as dagger. Even their weak utility won't safe those weapons. Dagger burst is easily avoided and then what utility does that weapon have? A 1 second situational stun while bringing the lowest dmg that any mainhand weapon has and it is not even ranged. All those weapons are comepletely melee and you get kited for days while dealing no dmg.

No seriously take sword or dagger and try to kill a firebrand that does not move and only spams his skills. His health won't go below 90%. And those 2 boons ripped every 8 seconds make no difference at all.

The sword changes are welcome, yes, but that does not mean that sword is in a better state now. As i said take sword or dagger and go in pvp and wvw and see for yourself, mesmers are gonna rip you a new one while you can't even touch them.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What? The changes are generally very welcome and people enjoy them.

the only reason to bring sword is to run away, because it sucks. Sword mainhand deals no damage same as dagger. Even their weak utility won't safe those weapons. Dagger burst is easily avoided and then what utility does that weapon have? A 1 second situational stun while bringing the lowest dmg that any mainhand weapon has and it is not even ranged. All those weapons are comepletely melee and you get kited for days while dealing no dmg.

No seriously take sword or dagger and try to kill a firebrand that does not move and only spams his skills. His health won't go below 90%. And those 2 boons ripped every 8 seconds make no difference at all.

The sword changes are welcome, yes, but that does not mean that sword is in a better state now. As i said take sword or dagger and go in pvp and wvw and see for yourself, mesmers are gonna rip you a new one while you can't even touch them.

Just for fun Im gonna try this, main hand sword and off hand dagger for shits and giggles, might throw rifle for kicks lol

Hi there. Im quite happy with your post. It exactly represents how Warrior part of forums works.Enjoy.

Sword is garbage. Damage is low, sword 2 may as well not even do damage. Auto attack stacks bleeding, which is fine, but F1 is trash since immob is so easily shaken off by most classes.

Dagger already did low damage, but now it's even more nerfed. It's still passable, but not great compared to how other classes perform. There are otherwise very few viable weapons to use with spell breaker that are very good.

@kiranslee.4829 said:Maining mirage for few months now, anet and mesmer community care for the class so ye ....

I think you mean that Anet loves mesmer and the players are just riding Anet's coattails with the mesmer class. I mean what other classes can get their entire bomb off before the enemy knows what hit them all from stealth (at least with DE they mark you so you know something is up), or what class can get of their entire bomb while dodging and evading all attacks?

@bLind.6278 said:

Sword is garbage. Damage is low, sword 2 may as well not even do damage. Auto attack stacks bleeding, which is fine, but F1 is trash since immob is so easily shaken off by most classes.

Dagger already did low damage, but now it's even more nerfed. It's still passable, but not great compared to how other classes perform. There are otherwise very few viable weapons to use with spell breaker that are very good.

Mainhand Dagger is to strip boons with an unblockable burst, so you can set up your burst on a clean target. I don't think many Warrior were relying on Mainhand Dagger to secure a kill.

Warrior is the least played class because it actually requires patience to land your damage and people don't like to be patience. For that reason people go for the easy classes with 1200+ range and magical spells because all they have to do is push a button and a magical spell hits the target or an arrow hits the target, etc... As a warrior you have to be patient to land your damage at the right time. Next time you are in PvP, WvW, or a main city, look around and you will see that most players play non warrior character. When these people get owned by a warrior, they think to themselves "how come I lost to a stupid warrior, the most useless class in GW2?" So their only explanation is to conclude that warrior is OP. They are the majority and they are the ones that complain about warrior in the forums; as a result warrior gets nerfed.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Warrior is the least played class because it actually requires patience to land your damage and people don't like to be patience. For that reason people go for the easy classes with 1200+ range and magical spells because all they have to do is push a button and a magical spell hits the target or an arrow hits the target, etc... As a warrior you have to be patient to land your damage at the right time. Next time you are in PvP, WvW, or a main city, look around and you will see that most players play non warrior character. When these people get owned by a warrior, they think to themselves "how come I lost to a stupid warrior, the most useless class in GW2?" So their only explanation is to conclude that warrior is OP. They are the majority and they are the ones that complain about warrior in the forums; as a result warrior gets nerfed.

Guardian169,266 (12.385%)Warrior168,605 (12.337%)Ranger158,719 (11.614%)Elementalist158,340 (11.586%)Mesmer155,391 (11.370%)Necromancer154,463 (11.302%)Thief150,934 (11.044%)Revenant129,289 (9.460%)Engineer121,655 (8.902%)

Looks like Warrior is the second most played, barely behind Guardian.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:Warrior is the least played class because it actually requires patience to land your damage and people don't like to be patience. For that reason people go for the easy classes with 1200+ range and magical spells because all they have to do is push a button and a magical spell hits the target or an arrow hits the target, etc... As a warrior you have to be patient to land your damage at the right time. Next time you are in PvP, WvW, or a main city, look around and you will see that most players play non warrior character. When these people get owned by a warrior, they think to themselves "how come I lost to a stupid warrior, the most useless class in GW2?" So their only explanation is to conclude that warrior is OP. They are the majority and they are the ones that complain about warrior in the forums; as a result warrior gets nerfed.

Guardian169,266 (12.385%)Warrior168,605 (12.337%)Ranger158,719 (11.614%)Elementalist158,340 (11.586%)Mesmer155,391 (11.370%)Necromancer154,463 (11.302%)Thief150,934 (11.044%)Revenant129,289 (9.460%)Engineer121,655 (8.902%)

Looks like Warrior is the second most played, barely behind Guardian.

Playtime sees some of the professions changing positions, not the top 2 though.

Which class don't need patience to land thier killing blow to warrior, since almost every warrior take defy pain? With stun break, super speed, ammo type leap, perma stealth, perma dodge on the fly etc, this is true to every class when they are fighting a skillful player. Besides one shot kill niche build which should get nerfed, duel / small scale fights tends to be the one unleash burst recklessly and too early being the lose side. Warrior without patient and burst on contact usually are the one with less skill; it works only to players have even lower skill.

@perko.8309 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What? The changes are generally very welcome and people enjoy them.?!? No, just ... NO!

Where's the Thumbs Down button when you need it?

yea where is it, i want to dislike your post, dont you dare speak for everyone else, i already stated that im happy with getting sword mh buffs, would like more, but maybe they see that it still needs some love, anyways, right directionfight the powercreep and nerf all those other dmg classes too and we can have fun wvw fights again that lasts longer than 5seconds

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What? The changes are generally very welcome and people enjoy them.?!? No, just ... NO!

Where's the Thumbs Down button when you need it?

yea where is it, i want to dislike your post, dont you dare speak for everyone else, i already stated that im happy with getting sword mh buffs, would like more, but maybe they see that it still needs some love, anyways, right directionfight the powercreep and nerf all those other dmg classes too and we can have fun wvw fights again that lasts longer than 5seconds

Count me in, i am happy for MH sword buff too. I am surprised to see hitting tower lord with flurry for 14k+ damage in maraudar gear. Chase and downed an injured deadeye with sword 2 dealing 4k+ damage.

Archived