pvp fourm : each week mesmer gained something with permanent uptime

musu.9205

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a major part of the mesmer design is to confuse the enemy.

Looking at those posts, I'd say they are legitimately confused.

But I do agree on at least one thing, something needs to be done about phantasms after the illusion rework. I'd start with changing Chronophantasma.

Maybe make so only one phantasm per skill use is copied.

Or maybe make it reduce the cool down of the skill itself after being used once (50%). Making it a more 'active' trait, less passive.

@SlimChance.6593 said:Well, a major part of the mesmer design is to confuse the enemy.

But I do agree on at least one thing, something needs to be done about phantasms after the illusion rework. I'd start with changing Chronophantasma.

Or maybe make it reduce the cool down of the skill itself after being used once (50%). Making it a more 'active' trait, less passive.

If you cap phantasms to three you probably wouldn’t have to touch CP

@"SlimChance.6593" said:And if fix CP and make it an "active" trait instead of one of the most powerful "passive" traits in the game, then you wouldn't have to limit phantasms.

You still would because of F5 and SoE. Not that anyone is going to use SoE just to get more phantasms in PvP but I’ve seen people complain about it.

But with F5 and SOE, you have to give up something for them. F5 is costing you clones and the cool down between phantasm casts. SOE is costing you a slot and has to be activated between phantasm casts.

CP let's the game re-cast the phantasm for you. It doesn't cost anything. There's no counter to it. It's as passive as they come. It's way worse then EM.

Fix CP, then we can discuss whether phantasm limits are needed.

@SlimChance.6593 said:Well, a major part of the mesmer design is to confuse the enemy.

How about you go back to the thief board and stop trolling here.

guess again....

Since the phantasm no longer gets applied to our shatters... we need to look differently at those phantasm skills.. They are weapon/utility skills with a cool animation...If you place a cap on phantasms, like Jace has mentioned, now your punishing the player that can chain several skills in a row. Are other professions going to get punished for chaining several skills in a row??

I don't want another knee jerk nerf like the "quickness/slow" no longer affects rez/stomps.. Do other professions have such stupid restrictions on where they can be used? Why put a restrictions on chaining phantasm skills.

Chronophantasma give us two skill executions with the risk of one. Chronophantasma is the first trait that should be looked at.

Make CP a cooldown reduction.. "after summoning a phantasm, for 10 seconds that phantasm skill's cooldown is 1 sec"Now, a good player can chain the same skill right after the other. And still get the same benefit, but there's a cost. A chance for countering,,

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@"SlimChance.6593" said:Well, a major part of the mesmer design is to confuse the enemy.

Take imagined burden. Use iZerker, swap to staff, use iWarlock. Boom 4 phantasms out, but your proposed "fix" would negate half of iWarlock, and that skill is designed around having 2 phantasms be summoned, because each one is pretty weak on its own.

Capping phantasms is the wrong solution. Addressing the poweful synergies between imagined burden, CP, SotE and CS are the answer.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@"SlimChance.6593" said:Well, a major part of the mesmer design is to confuse the enemy.

Take imagined burden. Use iZerker, swap to staff, use iWarlock. Boom 4 phantasms out, but your proposed "fix" would negate half of iWarlock, and that skill is designed around having 2 phantasms be summoned, because each one is pretty weak on its own.

Capping phantasms is the wrong solution. Addressing the poweful synergies between imagined burden, CP, SotE and CS are the answer.

YES.. EXACTLY!!!!

For example, Change Imagined Burden so the phantasm makes two attacks (reduced damage on 2nd). Now you have the same affect and better synergy with CP.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Is that build even meta though?

@"SlimChance.6593" said:guess again....

Since the phantasm no longer gets applied to our shatters... we need to look differently at those phantasm skills.. They are weapon/utility skills with a cool animation...If you place a cap on phantasms, like Jace has mentioned, now your punishing the player that can chain several skills in a row. Are other professions going to get punished for chaining several skills in a row??

I don't want another knee jerk nerf like the "quickness/slow" no longer affects rez/stomps.. Do other professions have such stupid restrictions on where they can be used? Why put a restrictions on chaining phantasm skills.

Chronophantasma give us two skill executions with the risk of one. Chronophantasma is the first trait that should be looked at.

Make CP a cooldown reduction.. "after summoning a phantasm, for 10 seconds that phantasm skill's cooldown is 1 sec"Now, a good player can chain the same skill right after the other. And still get the same benefit, but there's a cost. A chance for countering,,

I like the idea of Chronophantasma being kind of like "Mimic" for phantasm skills.

@OriOri.8724 said:I learned on the pvp forum yesterday that mesmer has a 6 second block on shield 4. Been playing the class for years and never knew

I learnt Mesmer has the highest blocks of any class.I learnt Mesmer has the highest invuln uptime of any class.I learnt Mesmer has the highest number of dodges out of any class.I learnt Mesmer has the highest power dps of any class.They have all these in one build. I’m just waiting for Jazzman to explain it all to me in a clearly and concisely crafted guide or Pyro to condescendingly point it all out to me.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Capping phantasms is the wrong solution. Addressing the poweful synergies between imagined burden, CP, SotE and CS are the answer.mostly agree buteven tho synergies between imagined burden, CP, SotE and CS is too much ,its hardly meta given Signet heal is still quite bad ,burning entire skill bar with long cd will never become viable .capping phantasms will just lead to tedious game play and back to step 1 : mesmer will be punished for using their phantasm skills .

keep in mind , we just have an okish power dps build in pve , fundamental change should take care of both sides .easiest solution would be reduce phantasms damage when traited with CP and buff phantasms damage scale in pve .

and btw , pvp forum ignored or forgot the fact anet just nuked confusion mirage into non existence(while every other op build remain viable if not still op ) . and they still claimed that they don't want this class being deleted lol .

Archived