Sigils

Stik.7243

@Stik.7243 said:Thanks for the quick replies.

Right now I can't seem to get into Wiki, so I guess the next question is can all the sigils out there be crafted?

Not all. Some.Craftable Sigils require recipe sheets to learn, or are discover-able.Others are random drops from the Mystic Forge, or salvaged from weapons which has the upgrade in it.

Iterating from above: you can potentially get any sigil as the result of a Mystic Forge roll of four minor or four major sigils. You cannot reroll four superior sigils into one superior sigil. There are some sigils you cannot get as the result of the Mystic Forge, and those often require recipe sheets to make. Standard sigils also depend on the profession of craft you use in terms of discovery.

The wiki article is a great guide, and choosing the sigil will tell you the recipes if it can be crafted.

@"altermaven.7385" said:Iterating from above: you can potentially get any sigil as the result of a Mystic Forge roll of four minor or four major sigils.Actually, only the original sigils drops from the Mystic Forge. None of the newer PoF nor any HoT sigils drop that I've ever seen. Even before HoT, Zommy only dropped "most" of the available ones (never all).

It used to be sometimes profitable to forge the minor sigils; it no longer is. It is sometimes theoretically more profitable to forge majors, but the amount of effort you need to put into obtaining "average" results is enormous, so it's not worth it, even though majors are cheap now.

@ Illconceived Was Na.9781 I am trying to get all Superior sigils/runes(if they come that way) for my different toons. I just keep running across some with attributes I want to try out in a minor/major thru salvaging and would like to be able to craft as a superior. I guess I will have to see if available on TP and see which way comes out the best economically.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"altermaven.7385" said:Iterating from above: you can potentially get any sigil as the result of a Mystic Forge roll of four minor or four major sigils.Actually, only the original sigils drops from the Mystic Forge. None of the newer PoF nor any HoT sigils drop that I've ever seen. Even before HoT, Zommy only dropped "most" of the available ones (never all).

It used to be sometimes profitable to forge the minor sigils; it no longer is. It is
sometimes
theoretically more profitable to forge majors, but the amount of effort you need to put into obtaining "average" results is enormous, so it's not worth it, even though majors are cheap now.

Thanks for the clarification, though I was already under the impression you'd only get the standard Core Tyria sigils as a result of the mystic forge. And while the chance of a really good Core Tyria superior is appealing from four majors, often times I only combine sigils when the mystic forge is the daily, and vendor off excess major sigils.

Archived