Avocado smoothie needs work #Anet

Why doesn't this food have level 80 stats?

This could be a great food for reducing the cost of the best power food in PvE if only it had the same stats as bowl of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup.

Another problem with it is the output quantity of the recipe, you would actually have to farm 50 or more Difluorite crystals every week just to have enough food to get your daily fractals and raids and whatever else done.

I get that it's intended to make you play the new maps, which is great, I really like that. But this food unlike the rest of the level 80 map foods, isn't level 80 food. It's just not worth the +40 stats for the effort involved.

Can we please have the same stats at least, and a larger output quantity with possibly another ingredient to make it not so cheap if you wanted to keep it in line with the other craftable foods.

They wanted to keep the broken state of butternut while giving a cheaper less powerful version. Thats what they wanted. Only condi is allowed to have cheap food.

There is no secret wisdom somewhere. They just want butternut to cost 8 times as much as condi food. There is a reply in the Living story AMA where they answered this. Basically they don't want to crash the butternut price so they just ignore the 1g30s price. At least it dropped from 2g+ down already. I mean it's something afterall.Most people stopped using it anyways for casual clears since 1g30+ is ridiculous for a simple food effect anyways. A raid boss doesn't even drop gold after the first kill so even less reason to run expensive food.

Supply and demand imo. There was a time(during HoT) the price for condi(food) is higher than power. When condi was the meta dps and the supply for toxin crystal is low (newly introduced & mats: toxic spore is costly). Events such as Halloween also greatly contributed.

Butternut squashSupply : 7378Demand : 2738

Koi cakeSupply : 340821Demand : 7518

Rough estimation 1 : 16. Give and take ?.

@"Eramonster.2718" said:Supply and demand imo. There was a time(during HoT) the price for condi(food) is higher than power. When condi was the meta dps and the supply for toxin crystal is low (newly introduced & mats: toxic spore is costly). Events such as Halloween also greatly contributed.

Butternut squashSupply : 7378Demand : 2738

Koi cakeSupply : 340821Demand : 7518

Rough estimation 1 : 16. Give and take ?.

Thanks guys, but I don't need an explanation for the cost of power food, I know what the benchmarks are. I was asking for a logical resolution. If more people actually speak up about it something might get done.

Just the other day I'm doing CM's in fractal with a druid who's not using food, I even put F+P in lfg, it was social awkwardness too and he kept dying. I ask why aren't you using bountiful maintenance oil? He says "I don't find it useful, its expensive", he thinks 25 silver is expensive lol. I said look at the weavers food buddy they are using food that cost almost 2g and you're dying and complaining that 25 silver is too expensive to warrant keeping scholar bonuses up :#

Had the same thing with another druid a while ago who's explanation was to boast about his demons demise tag!

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:Avocado Smoothie was such a huge disappointment to me. I can't believe that they actually want to keep BoSaSBSS at the current price point; it's prohibitively expensive.

If it's actually true that they want food to cost that much, then we are hopeless obviously. It's also completely illogical and outrageous, the only reason they would have to keep it at it's price is to function as a gold sink to up rate the gem store once again. IDC warn me, it's true!

@Itz Jay.8941 said:Why doesn't this food have level 80 stats?

This could be a great food for reducing the cost of the best power food in PvE if only it had the same stats as bowl of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup.

Another problem with it is the output quantity of the recipe, you would actually have to farm 50 or more Difluorite crystals every week just to have enough food to get your daily fractals and raids and whatever else done.

I get that it's intended to make you play the new maps, which is great, I really like that. But this food unlike the rest of the level 80 map foods, isn't level 80 food. It's just not worth the +40 stats for the effort involved.

Can we please have the same stats at least, and a larger output quantity with possibly another ingredient to make it not so cheap if you wanted to keep it in line with the other craftable foods.

It's intended to be a cheap alternative, so it makes sense it has lower stats. The loss is minimal anyway. The output quantity is also reasonable. You can get 3 crystals per day from the home instance, which is already more or less enough to sustain your needs for this food. What do you expect, BiS food given to you basically for free?

@Feanor.2358 said:

It's intended to be a cheap alternative, so it makes sense it has lower stats. The loss is minimal anyway. The output quantity is also reasonable. You can get 3 crystals per day from the home instance, which is already more or less enough to sustain your needs for this food. What do you expect, BiS food given to you basically for free?

Did you read what I said?

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

Did you read what I said?

Yes, I did, and I disagreed. I obviously need to elaborate further, so there:

The intent of this food isn't to replace BSSBSS, it's to provide an alternative. You don't do that my making an object exactly the same as another, you make it by offering a choice. In this case - the choice of taking a minor stat loss in exchange of a major cost reduction. Normalizing the stats and increasing the crafting cost through additional ingredients defeats the purpose - one of the two will end up cheaper or easier to produce and become the BiS choice, rendering the other one redundant. As it is, it does the job perfectly - it creates a valid choice. Do you want the perfect stats, and are you ready to pay for them? So it won't get changed. It doesn't need to.

And the next point - the output quantity won't get increased as well. Precisely for the reason you said yourself - to give the players an incentive to keep returning to Sandswept Isles. It's too easy to acquire Diflourite Crystals "passively" by just mining your home instance. Like I said, it can almost cover your needs for high-tier food as it is. Daily fractals take less than 1 hour, so assuming you eat two smoothies for them it leaves you 1 extra crystal per day. That amounts to 3.5 hrs of food buff per week for raiding, which will be enough for many groups. Making it easier than this is really unreasonable, as it would eliminate the need to ever go back to the Isles.

@Feanor.2358 said:The intent of this food isn't to replace BSSBSS, it's to provide an alternative. You don't do that my making an object exactly the same as another, you make it by offering a choice.

You are aware that there are several BiS Foods for Condition Builds, with exactly the same stats, added at various points during the game time-line, that ONLY differ in DURATION. This is the problem.

80, 20m, Koi Cake, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 2s10c on the TP80, 30m, Rare Veggie Pizza +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 27s52c to craft80, 60m, Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 45s 3c to craft80, 30m, Red-Lentil Saobosa +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 6s19c to craft(swapped variant) 80, 30m, Plate of Beef Rendang +100 Condition Damage +70 Expertise - 16s94c to craft

But it's ok to have exact variants of that (condition) food, because reasons? It seems the only reason ANet doens't want to introduce a true BssBss variant is to preserve the cost of it's recipe on the TP (330~gold). There's no other reason I can think of that would be why Anet wont introduce a true variant.Not only does Avocado Smoothie have non-80 stats, it has a 30min duration. Yes it's a variant if you want a power/ferocity food, but it is not ok that players should have to spend more for BiS food because they play a power build.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:The intent of this food isn't to replace BSSBSS, it's to provide an alternative. You don't do that my making an object exactly the same as another, you make it by offering a choice.

You are aware that there are several BiS Foods for Condition Builds, with exactly the same stats, added at various points during the game time-line, that ONLY differ in DURATION. This is the problem.

80, 20m, Koi Cake, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 2s10c on the TP80, 30m, Rare Veggie Pizza +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 27s52c to craft80, 60m, Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 45s 3c to craft80, 30m, Red-Lentil Saobosa +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage - 6s19c to craft(swapped variant) 80, 30m, Plate of Beef Rendang +100 Condition Damage +70 Expertise - 16s94c to craft

But it's ok to have exact variants of that (condition) food, because reasons? It seems the only reason ANet doens't want to introduce a true BssBss variant is to preserve the cost of it's recipe on the TP (330~gold). There's no other reason I can think of that would be why Anet wont introduce a true variant.

I don't think the situation for the condi is OK. I would guess they ended up like this thanks to the homogenization of the foods some time back. Currently, I see no reason to use anything beside red lentil. Sure, koi cakes are cheaper, but at this price tag it's irrelevant anyway.By the way, I don't see the tp price of the recipe as any factor, since the recipe pops up on the pact supply network vendors occasionally and you can buy it for peanuts.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Not only does Avocado Smoothie have non-80 stats, it has a 30min duration. Yes it's a variant if you want a power/ferocity food, but it is not ok that players should have to spend more for BiS food because they play a power build.

That was my point - don't. Use the smoothie. Don't get me wrong, I would not object to buffing its stats. I find the price of BSSBSS outrageous and don't use it. I just don't think this is likely to happen.

Ultimately it's personal preference and I wouldn't mind the smoothie getting buffed but I am somewhat questioning the worth of 20 power and 10 ferocity.

edit: I mean it will certainly be noticable for the 99+ quantile on raidar but for the average player the performance in the fight itself would have bigger impact on the dps number than 30 stat points.

Archived