thanks arenanet for another year without Sab world 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EthanLightheart.9168 said:Deeply disappointed as a player since beta.People have always requested it. It's like a dead corpse now to veterans. I was looking so forward to it :( I mean if no world 3 why not another upgrade? Only that race....

Assuming for things like new race, new class etc. we would have to wait till the next expansion. So we can still hope for things coming.

Why would SAB be any different to other festivals? They've stopped updating them after the first year and just adding races and slightly polishing them doesn't mean anything either.

Festivals are all braindead and boring, it's sad but you take what you get and you don't complain about it, pretty much.

I don't really get why people are still excited and overjoy over SAB. Yeah sure it was a big wow-moment when it first launched but after these years of doing the exact same content over and over? No thank you.Nothing NEW about it, wont even bother be playing it again, :lol:

I really like some of the new mounts, very happy with my new griffon. I quite enjoyed the quest to place my butt on all the chairs, it is a small thing, but its nice.I however never enjoyed SAB, so really could not care less about some new world or not. Honestly glad there was at least some small thing besides SAB.

@Alga.6498 said:I don't really get why people are still excited and overjoy over SAB. Yeah sure it was a big wow-moment when it first launched but after these years of doing the exact same content over and over? No thank you.Nothing NEW about it, wont even bother be playing it again, :lol:

Exactly, that's why we want World 3. We want something new.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

@Alga.6498 said:I don't really get why people are
still
excited and overjoy over SAB. Yeah sure it was a big wow-moment when it first launched but after these years of doing the exact same content over and over? No thank you.Nothing NEW about it, wont even bother be playing it again, :lol:

Exactly, that's why we want World 3. We want something new.

Agreed. Gonna farm more legendaries. Not so boring and much more profit. SAB complete for now.

SAB was developed back when ArenaNet wasn't focused on expanding the game, so they had a lot more freedom. The main dev behind SAB is currently working on the living world, so as long as they're tied up making new maps, a new SAB world is very unlikely. The red weapons were also supposed to be from world 3, so they probably gave up on it.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:I'm glad they didn't waste any more valuable developer time on SAB than they already have.

SAB is probably actually one of the more successful uses of resources. World 1 was primarily made by 1 dev, which was so unexpectedly popular that it was given more resources and W2 was rushed out in half the time. W2 however received a lot of complaints over the length and difficulty, so the population dropped, and that was the end of it.

The update w/ the release of world 2 was receiving less reception than the initial release of SAB. People replayed world 1 a lot more than world 2. The trend wasn't looking healthy so the dev plug was pulled.

I blame World 2's design. The zones were too long and repetitive especially zone 2, and the shortcut changes to the zones feel like a cop out. If World 3's zones were shorter (maybe even a touch shorter than world 1's zones) I'm sure much more players would like them.

To put the explosive popularity of W1 into context... outside of the pure novelty value the world was also super fast to run and repeat back then when you learned it (that is true even now, but the reward scheme is not the same) and once you did you could farm it easily for obsidian shards and few other things. Back when those were not quite so easy to get.

W2 was completely different, and I agree that the shortcuts are bit of a cop out (the green highlights for few of the dart traps, if they are still there especially, but this was a hotfix for the original W2 release if memory serves), but the changes in reward structure made it not farm-able (back with Back to School Obi shards and other things available initially were removed from the vendors and repeat runs were made significantly less rewarding by decreasing bauble income, e.g. by limiting dig spots to once per day and other things... making the reward structure a lot more like it is today.

@Abelisk.4527 said:The update w/ the release of world 2 was receiving less reception than the initial release of SAB. People replayed world 1 a lot more than world 2. The trend wasn't looking healthy so the dev plug was pulled.

I blame World 2's design. The zones were too long and repetitive especially zone 2, and the shortcut changes to the zones feel like a cop out. If World 3's zones were shorter (maybe even a touch shorter than world 1's zones) I'm sure much more players would like them.

^^This^^ Even a World 3 Zone 1 that is about the same length as World 1 Zone 1 would be greatly appreciated - A new small zone every year surely isn't too much to ask?

Alternatively - How about a slight re-design of the existing world World 2 as a starting point? There is more than enough content there, that by splitting each of the current world 2 zones into 3 - 3 smaller zone worlds and adding some bosses - we would be up to World 4 and The current world 2 (which, I like many others, don't play because it is too time consuming) would be vastly improved.

@Alga.6498 said:I don't really get why people are still excited and overjoy over SAB. Yeah sure it was a big wow-moment when it first launched but after these years of doing the exact same content over and over? No thank you.Nothing NEW about it, wont even bother be playing it again, :lol:

I'm excited because I haven't really played since release, and SAB didn't exist a thousand years ago

i was hoping for some new update for SAB too but at least we get a return of it. and this year wasn't much update or new achievements for it. but having said that, i am very glad with the return of SAB :) I got a blue weapon box from the first boss end chest today hurrah! :P There is nothing much for me to do but just daily to collect the red weapons. i have completed all achievements from previous years. Lets hope arena net will continue the new world for us one day.

Archived