Sparking the Flame (Prologue) Game Breaking Bug

No matter what I try, it consistently disconnects and sends me back to the character select screen right at the moment that one guy says he has something that can help (with the flames, it's the fire extinguisher). My character doesn't respond, and nothing happens. The conversation just goes flat. Then about 10 seconds later is disconnects for no reason. This is after I defeat the two hounds that the Herald summons. I've at least done this fight 7 to 8 times today on different characters, in a party, and even with the same character. I applied the latest patch and it made no difference.

I also know for sure it isn't my internet. I'm 100% sure. Everyone else I know, including all my guild mates, have been able to get into the desert where I could only get in with a Teleport to Friend. I cannot get mounts or play the story, and everyone else is enjoying the game while I'm about ready to give up on this. I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

I'm primarily a Charr player. I've done ranger, engineer, and thief.

I was experiencing the same thing an hour ago, I was playing on a Human Warrior rolling Spellbreaker (absolutely amazing Elite) and I had it maxed (used Proofs of Heroics). I managed to complete it fast enough (I said it was an amazing Elite) and upon completion, I didn't get the WayPoint to the Crystal Desert area. I'm discerning that I should be receiving one since the information regarding Path of Fire is still in it's infantile stage and therefore don't know for sure (I'm guild-less and asking on Map Chat is something you... risk).

If anyone else has been experiencing stuff like this, let's keep the discussion rolling.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I had the exact same problem earlier. I just replayed it until I got lucky and it let me complete it. Until Anet fixes the problem, luck is the best I can offer.

You're right, I just got lucky and it didn't kick me. What I found out was, it was choosing to send me to Lion's Arch after I would complete it but not be sent to Crystal Desert (by the game) immediately after completing Sparking the Flame. If you're not teleported to Crystal Desert in the Open World 10 feet from where you were standing in the Story Mode, just replay it.

• 3 weeks later...

@Brandon.7319 said:I still get kicked every time right after the dialogue, after killing the two Hounds. My human went through, no luck with my Charr. Getting to that point again and again takes so much time for progress that is wiped every time... Bought the game yesterday.

You might try a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s). Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Search - Repair'.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the same link and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Brandon.7319 said:I still get kicked every time right after the dialogue, after killing the two Hounds. My human went through, no luck with my Charr. Getting to that point again and again takes so much time for progress that is wiped every time... Bought the game yesterday.

You might try a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s). Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Search - Repair'.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the same link and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly it didn't help. Guess I'll have to make a ticket!

Archived