Scrapper Brainstorm/Balance suggestions

BreakneckJack.7684

ForewordThese are a lot of suggestions, I feel like changes to the traitline are the most realistic, and would change scrapper a lot for alot lower effort. please take everything else with a grain of salt.

Although i did do my best to keep the suggestions balanced, scrapper's is simply a bit underwhelming in the current game build which should justify the suggestions for hammer.

Scrapper is a clunky class that feels heavy(And i love it), and superspeed is a great mechanic that complements the class well , but currently it is rather short, and often not practical to apply. (applied at the beginning of a mobility skill such as rocket charge, which reduces the effective superspeed you get)

HammerSkill 1: The auto attack chain of this skill now shocks opponents in a 240 range cone in front of the scrapper. (Decreases damage slightly; Increases range of auto attack; and allows more effective damage versus groups; A visual shocking effect appears on the ground reflecting the range)Skill 2: UnchangedSkill 3: Rocket Charge now no longer "pulses" evade, but rather has a full evade for the first 2 hits. Rocket charge hits only twice, But rocket charge allows instant access to a new skill called "Rocket slam" Which acts similar to Thief's Larcenous Strike. This Rocket Slam does not evade, but deals high damage and executes a blast finisher.Skill 4: UnchangedSkill 5: Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds

Gyro skillsI do not wish to touch these much as there are other much better suggestions i have seen (such as gyro's sticking to the scrapper). but i still have some idea's.

Gyro's no longer follow the scrapper. and instead seek out nearby teammates when activated in a 1200 radius and stay with them without a range limit, until the gyro is destroyed. Scrapper now pulses the gyro's effect similar to Scourges profession skill (But sneak gyro remains the way it is, as scrapper should not have a reliable mass stealth pulse)Gyro's have more vitality

Purification gyroNow pulses boons such as fury to nearby alliesPurification gyro's toolbelt skill no longer applies poison in an area of effect. But instead applies 3 second of resistance to you and any active gyro's.Shredder gyroNow uses it's own toolbelt skill when it is activatedShredder's toolbelt skill now launches a projectile that damages and cripples foes

Traits

Impact savant: This trait no longer increases the effective barrier you receive, But cleanses 1 condition for every 2 seconds while you have superspeedFinal Salvo: This trait no longer creates a field of superspeed. but now gives 3 seconds of superspeed to you and the gyro whenever you activate a gyro.

Shocking speed & Perfectly weightedShocking speed is unpractical and inferior, Lets make these traits compete more.Perfectly weightedNo longer increases hammer damage by 10% (This 10% damage increase should be default for hammer)Still grants 4 seconds of stability on a successful evadeShocking speedNow grants 4 seconds of superspeed on a successful evade

Following all of these changes, Scrapper will be able to more reliably output damage in not only conquest, but World versus world and even in duels. at the same time, dealing a little better with conditions, but not making unnecessary changes.

If you wish to critique these suggestions please say why and how it could be improved, rather the saying 'its bad', Thank you

TraitsShocking Speed/Expert Examination - Merge these traits, new trait SHOCKING EXAMINATION: Apply Superspeed (3 seconds) to allies around you (360 radius), Weakness (6 seconds), and 5 stacks of vulnerability when stunning a foe.

Perfectly Weighted - Gain Stability while under the effects of Superspeed. (6 second cooldown). 1 Stability per second of Superspeed.

Applied Force - Gain 120 Power. Might Boons convert to Applied Force every 10 seconds. Applied Force (Cantrip) changes Might Boon to (+30 Power per stack, -30 Condition Damage - 60 Power per Might Boon) - lasts for 6 seconds.

Final Salvo - Summoning a gyro grants superspeed (3 seconds) to you and the gyro. Gyros leave behind fields when destroyed or self destruct is activated. Fields are unique per gyro:

• Blast Gyro - Smoke
  • Bulwark Gyro - Fire
  • Function Gyro - Ethereal
  • Purge Gyro - Light
  • Shredder Gyro - Poison
  • Stealth Gyro - DarkAll fields pulse 2 times and last for 4 seconds. 1 pulse per 2 seconds.

..more later.

I definitely like @"BreakneckJack.7684" hammer suggestions.

As to traits, I don't think Superspeed is so important to build an entire spec around it. If we want Scrapper to be significant and feel 'fresh', give it more barrier. and barrier-share traits.Shocking Speed - renamed to Forcefield - every time you execute a leap or blast finisher in lightning field, you and allies around gain barrier.Rapid Regeneration changed to Speedy Barrier - pulse 3s Superspeed when you gain barrier. 8 seconds recharge.Adaptive Armor - renamed to "Rechargable Battery" - 5% of your outgoing damage is converted to Barrier.

About gyros and Final Salvo:How about we get a trait that boosts gyros, not their spawn and destruction? Rename the trait to Elite Gyros. By equiping the trait, extend their duration, give bigger HP pool and improve effects:

• better dmg reduction from Bulwark;
  • more cleanses for Purge;
  • more of AoE heal effect for Healing Gyro;
  • Blast gets Superspeed on spawn, tool belt skill is reworked;
  • Shredder reworked to apply cripple, the trait gives bigger AoE and extends cripple duration;
  • Function Gyro gets 2 stacks of Stability and applies Revealed debuff on enemy, stealth on allies
  • Stealth Gyro keeps up with player. Jk, no idea how to improve it, maybe extend to 10 players?

I have some general bits of advice here.

However, to be more specific....

Gyros

• Friendly gyros should be literally glued to their engineer. No more meandering, buggy AI.
  • Shredder gyro should follow a target in the same way that current friendly gyros follow a scrapper. Would be a novel way of heckling an opponent.
  • Blast gyro should be treated as a projectile instead of a normal AI. It's too buggy if there is any uneven surface of terrain.
  • Purge gyro should pulse resistance on itself
  • Bulwark gyro should pulse protection on itself.
  • Med gyro should have a larger radius, and start cooldown immediately upon activation, rather than waiting for the gyro to die. As it currently exists, keeping med gyro up is a liability.
  • Stealth gyro is fine.
  • All gyros need more health.
  • Function gyro needs more utility in PvE. How this would be accomplished would be giving it a "Search and Rescue" function in PvE.

Hammer

Hammer's biggest weaknesses stem from 3 things in PvP:

• Clunky animations and casting times
  • Inability to keep up with a moving target or escape enemy damage
  • Scourge's corruption potential

Any solution to improve hammer's viability in PvP must address at least 2/3 of those issues, or it will continue to be relatively useless.

As for PvE, Hammer's damage needs to be upped across the board. It is woefully bad for a melee weapon in PvE.

Traits

Honestly, I don't even know what to do with these. They don't synergize well with core engineer, and there's still plenty of bugginess going around (adaptive armor, for starters). A critical examination of these traits needs to be made, and they need to be retooled to fit the current power creep.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:I have some general bits of advice here.

However, to be more specific....

Gyros

• Friendly gyros should be literally glued to their engineer. No more meandering, buggy AI.
  • Shredder gyro should follow a target in the same way that current friendly gyros follow a scrapper. Would be a novel way of heckling an opponent.
  • Blast gyro should be treated as a projectile instead of a normal AI. It's too buggy if there is any uneven surface of terrain.
  • Purge gyro should pulse resistance on itself
  • Bulwark gyro should pulse protection on itself.
  • Med gyro should have a larger radius, and start cooldown immediately upon activation, rather than waiting for the gyro to die. As it currently exists, keeping med gyro up is a liability.
  • Stealth gyro is fine.
  • All gyros need more health.
  • Function gyro needs more utility in PvE. How this would be accomplished would be giving it a "Search and Rescue" function in PvE.

Hammer

Hammer's biggest weaknesses stem from 3 things in PvP:

• Clunky animations and casting times
  • Inability to keep up with a moving target or escape enemy damage
  • Scourge's corruption potential

Any solution to improve hammer's viability in PvP must address at least 2/3 of those issues, or it will continue to be relatively useless.

As for PvE, Hammer's damage needs to be upped across the board. It is woefully bad for a melee weapon in PvE.

Traits

Honestly, I don't even know what to do with these. They don't synergize well with core engineer, and there's still plenty of bugginess going around (adaptive armor, for starters). A critical examination of these traits needs to be made, and they need to be retooled to fit the current power creep.

I like these ideas, especially the ones for gyros. In my opinion, only thing I would change is shredder gyro. I think it would be alright the way it is now, but yes the other gyros need to follow the engi around. They can still be targeted and all that, but they stick to the engineer always. And yes, they definitely need more health. Med gyro cd starting right after skill use = love, deep deep love.As for traits, I have some trait suggestions I made in a post. I'll edit this with the link to it.

EDIT: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31652/core-scrapper-trait-change#latest

my idea is to make the gyros a mobile fields like F1 from heal gyro here my suggstion:

all gyros are 10 second active. Raduis are 300 on all Gyros. the gyros appears over your head.

Shredder gyro : On activation all eneimes arround you are dazed for 0,5sec. all enemies arround you while they are on the field gain dmg every second and cripple.

Blast gyro : on activation all allys gain fury. after 2,5 the gyro explodes deals massive dmg and pull all eneimes they are on the field to you.

Purge gyro : on activation all allys gain resistance. all allys on field lose every 2 second one Condition (max 5).

Bulwark gyro: on activation all allys gain barrier . all allys on field gain 20% reduced dmg and condition dmg.

Heal Gyro: on activation all allys gain regenation. every 2 all allys on the field are healed for a small amount.

stealth gyro: on activation all allys gain stablity. all allys on the field are stealth every 3 seconds.

Hammer: Hammer needs just a higher hit size on his auto chain and Hammer 3 needs to be faster animation and needs his 3. finisher back.

Archived