The most faceroll easy class for a WvW noob.

Fallesafe.5932

I started getting into WvW recently. And I've been taking a relentless beating so far. I want to join a WvW guild, and learn the big concepts and strategies of this game mode. But I've tried a daredevil and deadeye so far. And I'm just NOT at the level of these folks I'm fighting.

I have a Firebrand with minstrel/healing gear that I haven't used yet. And I'm working on a scourge as well. But I'd be willing to roll whatever class. What class would be able to contribute well to zerg battles, and be the most braindead/easy to play?

I just want to run around in these massive blobs, contribute something, not die instantly, and get a better feel for how this mode works.

Sounds like you already have the meta build for a firebrand, so I would roll with that. Best thing for someone new like you is to get into voice coms, and just learn that way. Just one tip, if you jump into voice coms during fighting, keep the questions at a minimum. People are more than willing to help, but you need to keep coms clear when the commander is making calls.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:I started getting into WvW recently. And I've been taking a relentless beating so far.

And you will for a while regardless what class or build you play.Even Scourge will get eaten alive as a newbie. Right now you are probably just learning positioning and avoiding the big bombs.Thief will be a very rough first roll in WvW because it's best role is not in a group but roaming.Scourge can be easy to play, but then so can Rev and Warrior. So can Guardian/Firebrand.But you're going to get your butt handed to you for a bit until you figure out the basics.Pick whatever you feel most comfortable with to start.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:I started getting into WvW recently. And I've been taking a relentless beating so far. I want to join a WvW guild, and learn the big concepts and strategies of this game mode. But I've tried a daredevil and deadeye so far. And I'm just NOT at the level of these folks I'm fighting.

I have a Firebrand with minstrel/healing gear that I haven't used yet. And I'm working on a scourge as well. But I'd be willing to roll whatever class. What class would be able to contribute well to zerg battles, and be the most braindead/easy to play?

I just want to run around in these massive blobs, contribute something, not die instantly, and get a better feel for how this mode works.

Evades of a daredevilRanged damage of a deadeye/lb rangerRanged cleave of a staff eleActive defenses of a guardianBetter melee weapons than a warriorEasy passive offensive/defensive boonsAoe boon spam of a guardianEasy kit swap to choose secondary gameplay function

Play a hammer rev and rule them all.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Fallesafe.5932 said:I started getting into WvW recently. And I've been taking a relentless beating so far. I want to join a WvW guild, and learn the big concepts and strategies of this game mode. But I've tried a daredevil and deadeye so far. And I'm just NOT at the level of these folks I'm fighting.

Evades of a daredevilRanged damage of a deadeye/lb rangerRanged cleave of a staff eleActive defenses of a guardianBetter melee weapons than a warriorEasy passive offensive/defensive boonsAoe boon spam of a guardianEasy kit swap to choose secondary gameplay function

Play a hammer rev and rule them all.

I was going to recommend Hammer Herald as well. In large scale fights I simply can't tell what the hell is going on if I'm in the front line. Especially if you have lag/fps issues when you get into a blob, which is pretty typical. Being a back liner will let you get a feel for how the game is played while still contributing.

Hey, thanks for the advice everyone! I finished my scourge, and did an entire reward track in one night (+ got my Gift of Battle). What a difference from the thief! I didn't have any idea what I was doing (just hitting skills as fast as they refreshed), and was racking up kills. I guess I found my faceroll class. =)

-hang out in the back-drop aoes all over the floor at deadeye range.-drop aoes around corners, over walls, through walls.

jeez lol

@"Fallesafe.5932" said:I started getting into WvW recently. And I've been taking a relentless beating so far. I want to join a WvW guild, and learn the big concepts and strategies of this game mode. But I've tried a daredevil and deadeye so far. And I'm just NOT at the level of these folks I'm fighting.

give your tiff another trymetabattle is a lie

Well if you talking about big scale fights, guess the two easiest ones are also the most effective ones, which is Firebrand and Scourge. Your lack of skill or experience will barely make a diference, in large scale fights personal skill dont really matter.

Scourge is nice when you are winning the fights but if your squad retreats you will be the first the enemy zerg will hunt and kill - get ready for that. Firebrand is more 'altruistic' so to speak and fun if you have a decent computer/connection to avoid the mega lag in big scale frontline encounters. I would also vote for hammer revenant who is also fun to play contributing with his massive #1 / #2 hammer damage and some nice CC too. Only thing with the revenant is you need to be very careful not to overcommit (stay in the backline) or else you are pretty dead.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:Hey, thanks for the advice everyone! I finished my scourge, and did an entire reward track in one night (+ got my Gift of Battle). What a difference from the thief! I didn't have any idea what I was doing (just hitting skills as fast as they refreshed), and was racking up kills. I guess I found my faceroll class. =)

-hang out in the back-drop aoes all over the floor at deadeye range.-drop aoes around corners, over walls, through walls.

jeez lol

sounds about right

Gz, I did the same a few weeks back after all the pro scourgi desperately started listing all the faults of that profession in the hopes of avoiding a nerf.

My personal tagline was I'll be real dangerous when I figure out what all the buttons do. I almost have :)

Welcome to the club, stock up on stealth traps and if you see a ranger, get on their grill, they simply don't know what to do without the range benefit.

Firebrand is clutch. but also requires more party awareness and experience. it's not a face roll. they make or break a party. scourge/revenant works too. all the newb firebrands are trying to cleanse/heal themselves thinking it's ez game while half their party is 900 range behind immob, feared, or in downed state.

Archived