EOTM?

Hermes.8927

When I first started playing GW2 and WvW, I played a lot of EOTM (lol easy experience) but one thing was always confusing - what is the point of EOTM? Will it ever receive and update making it interesting to play? Does it hold any mechanics for the other maps?

If we want to talk about "dead game types" we gotta talk about EOTM lol

It was an overflow for the main wvw maps, when wvw was far more populated, but it got turned into one big ktrain map, where everyone avoided fighting each other, unless they had to, because the world experience returns were so big years ago when they released the map.

Some guilds in the past and present; gvg there now and again to. I know mine did at least, because of stagnant match ups.

As far as the testing aspect of it, I think the devs realized pretty fast that using it for experimenting new wvw stuff was pointless extra work given that the map wasn't a carbon copy of the current wvw maps.

As for the gameplay experience in EoTM, I think all realized the sad truth in how easy we succumb to what is a form of win trading. Pray the new alliance system has a strong liking with the WvW Guild communities or it will be the next EotM.

Archived