Weaver Traits - Let's dream a bit

Azel.4786

Weaver traits, IMHO, feel terrible - plain and simple. There are other things about Weaver that I think are bad and are holding back the potential of the spec.

By no means I think all of this is perfect to be put in the game, but I think the general ideas that I tried to put and comments to the current traits are somewhat valid / interesting.

So without further ado, let's go

Adapt Traits:

Minor Adept: Weaver- reduce global cooldown to 3s.Reason: I think 3s would be a good reduction, plus, combined with Arcane trait for those that want that extra swap speed, it would be a nice 2.55s

Superior Elements. Now applies vulnerability when you apply Burning (1 stack), Bleed (1 stack) or Chilled (2-3 stacks) to a foe. (no ICD)Reason: The original trait is not very synergistic with the elementalist. Weakness is very difficult application for us, the ICD also is very counter efficient (we do 3s on a 10s ICD). Our only means of applying Weakness are Superior Elements and Lightning Rod. This becomes an unique way to apply more conditions, offering more cover conditions (improving condi ele) and a reliable source of damage as well even for a power/condi hybrid ele.

Elemental Pursuit Deleted and replaced with Swift Revenge.Reason: Original trait was worse than One with Air (more difficult to apply, lower duration and prohibitive ICD), Swift Revenge is not Major Trait worthy, but is a good trait. It would be an interesting choice for a pure power Weaver contrary to a Power/Condi or pure Condi Weaver that would prefer Superior Elements.

Master's Fortitude Trait deleted and replaced with "Be like Water" - Activating a stance now grants Endurance. (15-20). Gain aegis when activating a stance,Reason: The original was not a good trait, it appeared to provide a good amount of vitality, but really it only granted a bit more than 2k health (1-2 AA worth of hp). It now provides an interesting buff to Stances and much better survivability.

Master Traits:

Minor - Elemental Refreshment: Would buff the barrier applied by it a bit

Weaver's Prowess: Not the most interesting one, but fine as is and works with the class mechanic.

Swift Revenge: The original was demoted to Adapt line, so now we have the option of having an interesting one here. My suggestion would be to add "Gain a stack of Woven Stride when using a dual skill - stacks 3 times. Each stack lasts 6s (refresh when gaining more) and increases attack speed by 5%. Dual skills have reduced CD (20%)"Reason: As said before, the original was not Major worthy. This one becomes an interesting trait that combines an interesting trait for buffing Dual Skills for those that want to focus on that, as well as adding a bit more power (either condi or power, although pure condi would prefer Weaver Prowess).

Bolstered Elements: The stability on stance was fine, but the Lesser Stone Resonance was not. Nonetheless, I think this one could be completely changed to have a different means of adding survivability by become "Shifting Earth" - whenever you apply Cripple or Immobilization on a foe, knockdown that foe for 1s. (5s ICD)."Reason: Stone Resonance is a bad Stance and should be buffed as a skill. However, adding survivability to the class simply by buffing HP/Barrier doesn't really work for the ele - with this trait, you would have a good access to interrupts with some interesting combos (lightning rod and elemental surge), making it much variable in build styles.

Grandmaster Traits:Minor - Elemental Polyphony This Grandmaster minor is basically a combination of other elementalist traits (from adapt lines mostly). I think it is just bad. Would suggest to replace it with the Swiftness buffing part of Woven Stride and add small barrier application when gaining swiftness (to add survivability).

Elements of Rage: The ferocity bonus is nice and all, but the single attunment part bugs the hell out of me for being so counter to the class mechanic. Don't know how to change it to not be equal to Weaver's Prowess, but think it should change somehow.

Woven Stride: As I mentioned in the other topic - a Grandmaster should stand for itself and not depend on other trait lines. For this one, I think we could keep the concept of providing means to resist condi damage, but would replace it to be through Resistance application (to reduce ele's condi removal abilities and provide counter play through condi rip / corrupt). The trait would then become "Gain Resistance (2s) when gaining Superspeed (6s ICD - to avoid stacking). Gain super speed (6s ICD - to avoid stacking) and heal yourself (no ICD) whenever you interrupt a foe ."Reason: The previous one was nice and all, but I think that it doesn't work as a Grandmaster (dependent on water to be useful). This one offers more movement (Superspeed), synergy within the spec (see changed trait line above) and with the class itself (Eles have different means of interrupting foes), and, lastly, means to survive from condi outside of water / earth (now air becomes an option too).

Invigorating Strikes Completely changed to be stance oriented., opening a path for a nice debuff and self buff - When activating a stance, steals boons from enemies around you (up to 3 enemies), 1 boon stolen. (5s ICD). Gain might (3 stacks), fury and retaliation whenever you activate a stance."Reason: The previous one was minor trait worthy. This one provides a nice debuff to complement stance skills and self buff with the boon steal and boon application. Offers synergy with Arcance trait as well.

Archived