Something Possible for Future Elite Specs

DrakoBlade.1759

For some reason or another, I was looking at some other games and their class systems. Upon doing this I take a look at Path of Exile and see a few of their Elite Spec equivalents. When looking at the Shadow(their rogue/thief class), Saboteur sounded amazing and I know as a game I like gw2 better and thieves already have traps. If thieves in gw2 were to get something like this, what if the traps changed or were altered from an elite spec. This got me thinking of the other classes too, what if a future elite spec could alter already existing utilities. Like if I were to use the same example as before, making the traps into trap kits when having that specific elite spec equipped. If I were to use another example, what if for a future necromancer elite spec the minions would be altered to be more powerful versions of themselves with distinctive aesthetic differences, with maybe the new ammo system. These are just thoughts and simple examples off the top of my head, I would like to see what else this community could come up with. It would be rather interesting if Anet decided to do something like that.

They have already been doing this somewhat with other class' non-utility skill sets like Berserker F1 and Spell Weaver weapon skill slot 3. The "problem" I have with this is that it is somewhat of an admission that these beefed up skills are meh when "un-traited". Core utility skills should still be the backbone of a well tailored build imo, not some buffed up version of them that only so and so elite specialization can enjoy.

Hmm, yeah that is true... what if instead of a buff to the skills, it's some kind of augment then? Like you mentioned that hey had been doing> @"Justine.6351" said:

They have already been doing this somewhat with other class' non-utility skill sets like Berserker F1 and Spell Weaver weapon skill slot 3. The "problem" I have with this is that it is somewhat of an admission that these beefed up skills are meh when "un-traited". Core utility skills should still be the backbone of a well tailored build imo, not some buffed up version of them that only so and so elite specialization can enjoy.

If you have heard of the game that is currently in mid-development, Ashes of Creation, their class system will technically have 64 classes. Not really though, it's more like 64 Elite Specs than full-fledged classes, but how they are doing the system is taking each of the 8 archetypes and having them augment each other into these "Elite Specs"(Although they don't call them that). What if it was something like that with the utilities? One thing they used as an example was for the Fighter/Mage(With Mage as the augment) that the main gap closer would turn from a leap to a teleport. Maybe something more akin to that? With whatever the "theme" of the elite spec for gw2 it would augment existing utilities to fit with the flavor.

Archived